New Album rumours and discussion: album postponed to 2045.

The album sales have zero to do with the tours anyways.

It doesn't matter if Madonna doesn't have a huge selling or popular album....her tours are always a sell out....

That said, I think Madonna will want to come back bigger after he luke warm response to MDNA and the fact it didn't have a successful strong lead....something both COADF and Hard Candy had!

But touring IS her priority, that's why she left Warners for Liveanation, she isn't a "pop star" who wants all her singles to break the top ten....shes a legend, who wants to reinvent her amazing back catalogue on tour.

^ you guys dont get it, most casual fans didnt even know that she had,an album out with MDNA, they knew of the Superbowl and tour because of the controversies.

Madonna HAS TO do some promo for this album because without the Superbowl to fall back on, if she doesnt promote no one will even know that she is touring and ticket sales will be lower

Also what the hell is the purpose of spending six months and loads of money on big time producers to work on an album and not even promote your damn work to the masses?

She will do some promo, not a lot, but enough

Honestly, I hope she pulls another MDNA era.

Hell no. I want interviews, promo, shows, awards, I want her to be everywhere as she deserves. This time we don't have a Superbowl performance. I know that Madonna will do a great job :)

I don't think MDNA era was all that bad, the album did well and the tour was magnificent. She did some interviews during the tour and also the fb chat. The only thing it lacked was a promo tour (what for when we have an actual amazing tour?) and magazine covers. Add 2 magazine spreads like the ones we've gotten so far and count me in for another MDNA scenario.

Anyway, in the end, isn't music the most important?

Yeah I agree. I think from the MDNA standpoint, Madonna is one of the few artists of her calibre that can just do the Super Bowl and tour and have the success (not comparing to previous albums but to the general sell of a record) of the album and tour. On another note, she used social media sparingly to communicate with fans but not like other artists who are constantly on it, just enough to keep a fresh interest. We got the secret project film which I ABSOLUTELY adore. The Turn Up the Radio video which I actually grew to love more and more. It's just care-free and simple + two other strong videos.

I'm freaking out just thinking it's actually possible the next tour could be even bigger and more of a spectacle than the MDNA tour. I don't know HOW I'm going to make to as many shows as I did the last time. Oh God...I'm stressed!

The problem with MDNA is that the music wasn't strong enough on its own to not do any promotion.

If she releases her best album in 10 years, with a strong lead single, she may not need to do a lot of promotion. Especially if the lead has another radio deal like GMAYL did.

Also Confessit, Madonna does have more top 10 singles then any act in history.

So...

Yes she does.

But madonnas value isn't in top ten singles anymore.

She wasn't valuable to any record company when she left Warners.....but she's gold for LiveNation as she dominates the touring world.

Madonna was for 20years, a singles artist....that's shifted to an album artist, essentially.

Her music career is so different now. I don't blame her for not wanting to promote countless singles....she spends a lot of money, energy and creative focus on her tours....

For me personally, MDNA was a creative low point.

The tour was a creative high......it's like her tours get all the attention, and the album was treated like a free product....just a necessary you get when you purchase your tour ticket....

This time round with artforfreedom she's seriously got her creative juices back. And it seems like she's making a point again.

That's why I'm excited....and I do genuinely believe that madonna loves all her albums BUT when I look back at interviews from the ROL and Music era she was in love with those albums, so proud of them....but back in 1998/2000 she was more of an "active" pop star....

She's had the incredible chart records, now are breaking other records.

Yes she does.

But madonnas value isn't in top ten singles anymore.

She wasn't valuable to any record company when she left Warners.....but she's gold for LiveNation as she dominates the touring world.

Madonna was for 20years, a singles artist....that's shifted to an album artist, essentially.

Her music career is so different now. I don't blame her for not wanting to promote countless singles....she spends a lot of money, energy and creative focus on her tours....

For me personally, MDNA was a creative low point.

The tour was a creative high......it's like her tours get all the attention, and the album was treated like a free product....just a necessary you get when you purchase your tour ticket....

This time round with artforfreedom she's seriously got her creative juices back. And it seems like she's making a point again.

That's why I'm excited....and I do genuinely believe that madonna loves all her albums BUT when I look back at interviews from the ROL and Music era she was in love with those albums, so proud of them....but back in 1998/2000 she was more of an "active" pop star....

She's had the incredible chart records, now are breaking other records.

Good point.

Confessit, Warners did EVERYTHING they coiuld ti keeo Madonna signed before she signed qith Live Natiob, CEo Edgar Bronfman ecen lavished her with expensive jewelry in hopes that she would stay, but they,could not match Live Nations record breaking $120 million contract.

So to say she wasnt,valuable to any record,company is flat out REDUCULOUS!

ALso when she,signed with LN she was coming off the HUGE selling (year end top 5) Confessions album

Madonna was also the 5th top selling artist worldwide of the 2000s

Warners was DESPERATE to keep her.

Guest bluejean

I actually agree with Confessit.

Ask yourselves this. When you hear the letters MDNA what immediately springs to mind?

For me, I immediately see that opening tour performance of GGW in my mind. I do not think of the album at all. It's not that I didn't like the album but it was weak compared to most of her albums. The tour on the other hand was one of her best. I have no doubt this new album will be better than MDNA. You can just tell she's putting way more into it.

MDNA would've been called a success if it was from another artist.

Of course it sold about 2 million worldwide which in this,day and,age is unheard of for an over 50 year old artist

The best,was when Forbes, who constantly,called MDNA a flop, called Chers last album a success with healthy sales.

It sold less than 500,000 copies worldwide.

WTF?

Guest bluejean

Of course it sold about 2 million worldwide which in this,day and,age is unheard of for an over 50 year old artist

The best,was when Forbes, who constantly,called MDNA a flop, called Chers last album a success with healthy sales.

It sold less than 500,000 copies worldwide.

WTF?

I guess because compared to what anyone would expect it charted high.

And don't Forbes have something against Madonna? Since she has publicly questioned their validity in the past.

Guest bluejean

MDNA would've been called a success if it was from another artist.

Do you really think so? I think it depends what other artist it was.

If GMAYL was released as Katy Perry's first single instead of Roar I think it would have done a lot better on name alone. But I do not think it would have done anywhere near as well as Roar. It's a very weak song.

But she had shot the first single video and album photoshoot during the fall of the year before.

The Graham Norton interview and the GMAYL music video were both recorded in december, the interview aired in january and the music video debut was in february. Based on this timetable, she will start the new era in a few weeks with album+single information, cover/video shoot and whatnot.

Confessit, Warners did EVERYTHING they coiuld ti keeo Madonna signed before she signed qith Live Natiob, CEo Edgar Bronfman ecen lavished her with expensive jewelry in hopes that she would stay, but they,could not match Live Nations record breaking $120 million contract.

So to say she wasnt,valuable to any record,company is flat out REDUCULOUS!

ALso when she,signed with LN she was coming off the HUGE selling (year end top 5) Confessions album

Madonna was also the 5th top selling artist worldwide of the 2000s

Warners was DESPERATE to keep her.

She isn't valuable to record companies in reality.

Yes he can still sell, but she isn't going to put out an album that has 5 multi-million selling downloads on it.....

She has a Completly different value now and that's where her focus is, touring.

Madonna is most definetly a buisness woman more than ever now.

LiveNation offered her tens of millions to brand herself. Along with the record breaking amount of money her tours gross....

He simply didn't fit to the Warners mould anymore, I often think as much as many of us here slag Warners for some of there poor choices....they certainly knew how maker her albums, but that focus has ended.

That said, I do think ultimately it's up to Madonna how much focus she chooses.

It's a scary thought that Guy had to persuade her into doing the SuperBowl.....thank god she caved in other woad MDNA would of had absolutly nothing before the amazing tour.

I think Madonna has chosen buisness somewhat over art in the last decade, but I don't hold it against her...but with artforfreedom, it seems that she's back to making statements, and that's when she's at her prime.

Guest Rachelle of London

The Graham Norton interview and the GMAYL music video were both recorded in december, the interview aired in january and the music video debut was in february. Based on this timetable, she will start the new era in a few weeks with album+single information, cover/video shoot and whatnot.

Graham Norton was in the January. It was recorded the week it was aired. I was there. GMAYL vid was shot in early December.

Guest Rachelle of London

Do you really think so? I think it depends what other artist it was.

If GMAYL was released as Katy Perry's first single instead of Roar I think it would have done a lot better on name alone. But I do not think it would have done anywhere near as well as Roar. It's a very weak song.

Bluejean we all know you're for forums GMAYL hater :lmao: no but seriously, an album that sold nearly 2 million copies from another artist would've been heralded as a success. With such an epic tour and the amazing Super Bowl performance it would've been labelled a triumph.

Guest Rachelle of London

Name me 10 people on this forum that absolutely love that song

I really wish I could search the forum for your post from 2012 stating that it's shit. :lmao:

Name me 10 people on this forum that absolutely love that song

I love it. It's a lot of fun. I still hear the remix at the gym all the time. Some people want her to be serious and deep all the time, but I like the mix of fun and deeper stuff. It's actually quite a different sound for her with the surfer rock and chant thing, really not a typical club song.

Guest bluejean

Anyway I actually don't hate the song as much as some people do. I just think it was a terrible choice for a lead single. It's not as bad as Superstar or B'day Song.

Guest bluejean

I love it. It's a lot of fun. I still hear the remix at the gym all the time. Some people want her to be serious and deep all the time, but I like the mix of fun and deeper stuff. It's actually quite a different sound for her with the surfer rock and chant thing, really not a typical club song.

It has nothing to do with her being serious and deep. I absolutely love Cherish for example.

Infact, I love nearly every song she's ever done. I suppose that's why GMAYL stands out so much as being pretty shit.

Guest bluejean

Do you guys think M will have an upbeat lead single?

I really hope so. I think when you look at the list of producers she's working with it seems highly likely. I know everyone thinks "Oh, a string section, it's going to be the next Frozen" but I think people need to realise that an upbeat song can have that too. Also, THAT song isn't necessarily the lead single.

I honestly don't know what to expect. I guess it's a good time now to stop expecting anything and just enjoy what comes.

Confessit

Once again, in 2007, when Madonna signed with LN, she was coming off of a HUGE selling album AND the biggest selling single of her career with the 9 million, #1 in 47 countries, Guinness record receiving single Hung Up

Warners DESPERATELY wanted to keep her and Tommy Mottola and Sony made a VERY GENEROUS bid to sign her

She has to promote or make herself appear for people to know she will be on tour. Last time she had Super Bowl so job done for the tour to sell out.

This time, no Super Bowl so she has to somehow let people (casual buyers not fans) to know she will be touring. She needs to promote and perform!

I understand what you are saying but there was no Super Bowl and not much promotion for her highest grossing tour- S&S

But how can she start a new era without any photos, which she hasn't shot yet. Or even without a video, which hasn't been shot either.

^ Didn't she do a few photo shoots earlier this year? The ones she was posting candids of on IG? Have they materialized for anything yet? Don't be surprised if they end up being used to promote the album.