New Album rumours and discussion: album postponed to 2045.

I'm so confused?!!? late-November seems almost certain and we won't hear anything official at least until September. We didn't get any confirmation of MDNA until January 2012 and it came out March 2012.

Pre-hyping albums and singles months in advance isn't really the done thing anymore, as news spreads a lot quicker through social media etc. So it's better to get things out quicker too before the media-hype dies down.

Guest ditaluver

Macarons are not cookies.

You oubviously don't know what you're talking about.

what exactly would you consider them then? a cake?

everyone wouldnt know that

i think describing it as a cookie is HARDLY unreasonable. he was making a joke and honestly you sound like you have a whole dozen of macaroons up your ass

As others have already mentioned, 2 1/2 years was her usual album cycle from 1998-2008. :)

Early 1998: Ray of Light

Late 2000: Music

Early 2003: American Life

Late 2005: Confessions on a Dance Floor

Early 2008: Hard Candy

It's nice to see her going back to that time line and not waiting so long between releases like HC to MDNA.

I can't wait to see all the articles + billboard articles that will ensue if the lead single gives her another top ten hit. Not to mention the reviews when they start coming in.

I hope she does some surprising and shocking things this era. Can't wait

Guest Rachelle of London

i think describing it as a cookie is HARDLY unreasonable. he was making a joke and honestly you sound like you have a whole dozen of macaroons up your ass

Dita have you been cooking up a storm recently. We need your input in the food thread. Miss drooling over your amazing cakes!

Let's not forgot that M doesn't make all the decisions in terms of promoting. It's very likely that Guy and the label may force her to do more promotion in order to make sure the album sells more and they can make more money. People act as if M's in complete control of everything, when many times she's confirmed herself that she's not.

(but seriously, wow at the cuntyness of Madonna fans! I'm quite shocked. I can't be friends with most of her fans :lol:)

I didn't meant to be rude, sorry!

I should have add a smiley after my remark...!

Yes, I do, for sure.

Guest gang bang

Why all this nonsense that the album is not coming out this year? Wtf happened? It IS coming out this year. All the artists releasing music in October and November have released NO info, NO dates, NO lead singles yet. Why do you want Madonna to give such important information in the middle of August when everyone is on holiday and no one spends time online or watches TV?

this

Let's not forgot that M doesn't make all the decisions in terms of promoting. It's very likely that Guy and the label may force her to do more promotion in order to make sure the album sells

more and they can make more money. People act as if M's in complete control of everything, when many times she's confirmed herself that she's not.

Exactly! Judging from the big name writers abd,producers on,this album, its probably costing LN a pretty penny to finance it.

Im sure LN, in order to make its money back, made sure that Madonna signed a document agreeing to do so much promotion, in order to ensure the albums success

Whether Madonna likes it or not

Exactly! Judging from the big name writers abd,producers on,this album, its probably costing LN a pretty penny to finance it.

Im sure LN, in order to make its money back, made sure that Madonna signed a document agreeing to do so much promotion, in order to ensure the albums success

Whether Madonna likes it or not

I think LN makes its money from the tour and mercy..

Let's not forgot that M doesn't make all the decisions in terms of promoting. It's very likely that Guy and the label may force her to do more promotion in order to make sure the album sells more and they can make more money. People act as if M's in complete control of everything, when many times she's confirmed herself that she's not.

Your right but sometimes I've always said it, I think Guy gets a hard time.

Let's not forget Madonna didn't want to do the Super Bowl.....Guy convinced her!

Imagine MDNA without that?

I think promotion is down to Madonna.

If she wants to go out and do it she will, if she doesn't she won't.

She's not a new pop star, she's a legend so it's all on her terms....I'm sure Interscope would of loved her to of rolled out some promo the week following the Bowl but she chose not too.

I'm sure Interscope would of loved her to of rolled out some promo the week following the Bowl but she chose not too.

She chose not to because she was deep in rehearsals for the tour. She basically had no time to do promotion with MDNA. Everything was so squished together. Ideally the tour shouldn't have started until later summer/early fall but that's not how it went. She's under a contract so pretty much she has to fulfill it so if her record company wants her to do more promotion this time around, she doesn't really have a choice. The Super Bowl is the ultimate promotional event so I think the record company thought that was good enough but in the end it was too far ahead of the album's release for it to really have a huge effect on MDNA although it helped immensely.

She chose not to because she was deep in rehearsals for the tour. She basically had no time to do promotion with MDNA. Everything was so squished together. Ideally the tour shouldn't have started until later summer/early fall but that's not how it went. She's under a contract so pretty much she has to fulfill it so if her record company wants her to do more promotion this time around, she doesn't really have a choice. The Super Bowl is the ultimate promotional event so I think the record company thought that was good enough but in the end it was too far ahead of the album's release for it to really have a huge effect on MDNA although it helped immensely.

True in the end Madonna did relent and did some interviews.

But it all felt like it was a "fans only" promo....I think with artforfreedom she will come back to the masses.

Sorry for the off topic comments but all this macaron talk has made me crave sugar

I distinctly remember a TV report on after Madonnas horseriding injury and before the realease of COADF, the reporter said that injury shouldnt affect Madonnas promotional plans for her upcoming album as shes CONTRACTUALLY OBLIGATED by her record label to do a certain amount of publicity

Same thing with movie stars who have to do promo, a lot of them hate doing it, but when they sign on for a film role, their promotional obligations become part of their contract/salary

She is NO longer under a traditional contract. She doesn't owe anything 2 any label.

She's not even obliged 2 make those 3 albums under her LN contract, it was optional

from the start & part of a broader merchandise deal...she's 'free' now.

And make no mistake, she still did a LOT of interviews 4 HC alone she spoke with virtually

someone from every country in the world during the press junket.

Some of u fans of promotion r clearly obsessed :rotfl:

Honestly, some fans here need constant history lessons every 5 minutes. :lmao:

Anyway, back on topic: did you all know that it's officially more or less confirmed now that we won't have a new album this year because she hasn't yet revealed the album title like she did in 2005 for COAD? :lmao::rotfl:

Madonna

REBEL HEART

November 2014

1. Rebel Heart

2. Living for Love

3. Iconic

4. Unaplogetic Bitch (I'm Madonna)

5. Holy Water

6. Shameless Human

7. Inside Out

8. Blood Moon

9. I Can't Wait

10. On Eagle's Wings

11. Revolution of Love

12. Messiah

13. Veni Vidi Vici

Why haven't some accepted that Madonna has never done the amount of TV promo that other acts have? It goes back to he 80s. There's a reason why her televised performances usually are events- not just because she's MADONNA, but also because they're kinda rare compared to most others.

After Bandstand and a couple other syndicated shows in the early days, since 1984, there's been, in the USA, in terms of televised, non-tour performances: the VMAS (7, including one where it showed a tour performance), Grammys (3 ), Oscars (2), Super Bowl (1), AMAs (1), VH1 Fashion Awards (1), Arsenio Hall (1), Sat. Night Live (1), Oprah (1), Rosie (1), Letterman (1), an MTV AL special, charity events (3-Live Aid/Live 8/Live Earth)... am I missing any? (I'm not counting the telethon performance of a cover song, a stream of a mini-concert or as a special guest in another act's performance)

In terms of televised performances, there have been more European ones, especially with promo tours for ROL and beyond.

Anyhow, hasn't the album been postponed until 2027?