New Album rumours and discussion: album postponed to 2045.

It's feels strange that MDNA was only 2.5 years ago (feels like an eternity) which used to be her usual cycle between studio albums and she's about to drop a new album so soon. I don't know or remember anymore how I survived the 4 years between HC and MDNA to be honest. :boozehound:

Well, S&S got a second leg and we got Celebration in between, so that helped.

Aren't we supposed to get a new madonna song when the giver soundtrack comes out? Didn't she hashtag coming soon like several months ago? Isn't We R Superstars secretly hers? :laugh:

Seems odd that we have no news, not even a rumored track listing. Maybe she just is going to wait to release the album right before a tour like she did the last time and use the next few months to map out the tour. If that does happen, I think its safe to say that she's no longer a recording artist and is now a touring act.

This makes no sense. As long as she's still recording albums and playing new songs on her tours, she's a recording artist. She would only be a touring artist if she didn't record albums and just did old material. And we do have rumored song titles from her instagram and even some lyrics from there.

M isn't part of WBR anymore. All those fansite sources in the past were people from Warner. Now that she's no longer with Warner, those connections have been capute. That's why we haven't gotten any rumored tracklists or album titles or anything. Any information from those fansites should be taken with a grain of salt. Just trust Madonnas Instagram.

Well, S&S got a second leg and we got Celebration in between, so that helped.

Yeah but 2010 and 2011 were killer. Especially since she was hard at work on her film and almost completely absent from the media. So dull.

At the risk of sounding crazy: I just intuitively feel that it would be weird to release an album this year. It feel too soon in some way that I cannot fully explain. For one thing: I'm still listening to MDNA. I need to get that out if my system first.

I'm sure once news gets to Midge that you're still listening to MDNA and need to get it out of your system first before she drops her new album that she'll push it back until next year for you honey...I don't think the weird thing in this equation would be madonna releasing an album in 2014...

completely agree with you.

i think the new album is gonna be released in march 2015.

she's gonna be back at beginning of september, i just think it's too tight to get everything done for release by november.

It's possible that some stuff has happened that we don't know about, so I am not completely convinced it will come out in 2015, but let's just say if they announce it for next year, I will not be surprised. I am still hoping this year. A few months ago, I felt certain it would be out by Christmas. One never knows what the Lady has planned.

We'll see what happens and then everyone who guessed correctly can say "I told you so" and claim some divine connection to Madonna. As usual for this forum. :rolleyes:

From a business point of view, it makes sense to have a single out before September, then the album out in November for holiday sales. But considering the "promotion" of MDNA, I assume she doesn't care about that. So I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see anything until next year.

...I don't know or remember anymore how I survived the 4 years between HC and MDNA to be honest. :boozehound:

Shit that's nothing compared to going 8 years w/o a tour.

Her last bit of vacation will be moving Lola into school. OMg I would die to just see that. I could see her frantically putting everything together in Lola's dorm, folding clothes, putting the sheets on the bed, etc..., :lol:

I can see her crying up a storm when she finally leaves

To kill two birds with one stone she's gonna shoot this for her video, her driving Lola to Michigan in her Station Wagon loaded with stuff #LivingForLove

If she releases an album this year, it will be exciting that she only let 2 1/2 years go between MDNA and the new record. It's very reminiscent of the release time between American Life and Confessions

As others have already mentioned, 2 1/2 years was her usual album cycle from 1998-2008. :)

Early 1998: Ray of Light

Late 2000: Music

Early 2003: American Life

Late 2005: Confessions on a Dance Floor

Early 2008: Hard Candy

Madonna will release the album this year and since she wont start touring until closer to Spring, we will most definitely get an era with a rich promotion, strong theme, a powerful message and spectacular performances!!! So excited! I can't wait for Madonna to kick ass in USA and wow every single one of those ignorant fucks who thought she was too old to continue music! I can already predict the public finally giving in and realizing that Madonna is here to stay! That she is THE Queen of pop! That her music is incredibly beautiful and unique! My God, I know this is coming. She is about to rule the charts all over the world. And I know it's not important really, but guys, this era is gonna slay!!!

Her last bit of vacation will be moving Lola into school. OMg I would die to just see that. I could see her frantically putting everything together in Lola's dorm, folding clothes, putting the sheets on the bed, etc..., :lol:

I can see her crying up a storm when she finally leaves

Can you imagine the mayhem she's going to cause? Literally 10,000 kids are going to be moving into their dorms and all of sudden MADONNA with her whole entourage appears in the middle of it, instantly attracting hundreds of onlookers and heavy local media attention. Sometimes I feel so sorry for poor Lola. :lol:

It's possible that some stuff has happened that we don't know about, so I am not completely convinced it will come out in 2015, but let's just say if they announce it for next year, I will not be surprised. I am still hoping this year. A few months ago, I felt certain it would be out by Christmas. One never knows what the Lady has planned.

We'll see what happens and then everyone who guessed correctly can say "I told you so" and claim some divine connection to Madonna. As usual for this forum. :rolleyes:

:clap:

So true and I agree 100%.

Of course 2015 is highly probable as you say.

I just hate the way some people here are talking as if November 2014 is now almost entirely out of the question or something.

Guest bluejean

It doesn't make any sense to wait til next year imo. Assuming the album is done that means 6-7 months of just sitting on it. Seems unlikely.

Why all this nonsense that the album is not coming out this year? Wtf happened? It IS coming out this year. All the artists releasing music in October and November have released NO info, NO dates, NO lead singles yet. Why do you want Madonna to give such important information in the middle of August when everyone is on holiday and no one spends time online or watches TV?

Guest bluejean

I really hope we get a bunch of leaks of older stuff in the next month to keep us entertained. What a great prelude to the new era that would be!

:lol:

Relax people, we will start to get the first official info about the new album (title, date, etc) in September. Now she is on holiday. First half of the year she made the album, middle of the year, holiday break, second half of the year she will release the album. Simple as that ! That's what anyone would do ;-)

She's definitely going to promote more than MDNA. She wants to promote the Art for Freedom movement and it has been mentioned the new album will tie in with it. She's not going to miss an opportunity to promote them both and she doesn't seem sidetracked by other project like last time. I just hope she does performances with a political/revolution stance that captures the Express Yourself ethios but does it in a fun way. I want upbeat with a strong message.