New Album rumours and discussion: album postponed to 2045.

Guest bluejean

I honestly don't care how the album sells/charts. I just want to enjoy it and the era and tour for myself. Fuck what the masses think.

I honestly don't care how the album sells/charts. I just want to enjoy it and the era and tour for myself. Fuck what the masses think.

Preach!

I don't give a shit about charts or sharts (i.e. 90% of people's post in this thread). I'd rather she debuted at No. 3 with a killer record behind whatever piece of shit is hot in the moment than have a half-arsed album that debuts at No. 1

Let's put it this way: no one remembers that Ray of Light didn't go to No. 1 in the USA and it's one of her best and highly regarded album. Conversely, MDNA and Hard Candy both went to No. 1 and let's face it, neither of them will be seen in the grand scheme of things as two of her best albums.

Anyway, most people here who think she can't release in November are clearly deluded and have not read the Genesis threads. There's no reason why she can't release it before the end of the year. The album is clearly DONE. Once she's back from summer holiday it will be time to plan the first single, mark my words. That includes photo-shoots, video shoot, artwork planning, promo planning, interviews & live perfs.

NTP Awards 2014-2015 saison here we come :wow:

I hope some of the L'Uomo Vouge outtakes are used for the album! we never got to see the one with the motorcycle

When was the last time Madonna used magazine outtakes for album artwork? Never. The album artwork photo shoot will be done (as with all of her album artwork shoots barring Erotica) especially for the record.

However, I wouldn't be surprised if she reprises the L'Uomo look for the "Rebel Heart" video as she did the Interview look for the "Girl Gone Wild" video. The L'Uomo look is very James Dean / Rebel Without a Cause old Hollywood Madonna "Vogue" glamour. Obviously I haven't heard "Rebel Heart" yet (who knows if it's even a song....!) but it would all potentially and theoretically fit nicely!

I don't give a shit about charts or sharts (i.e. 90% of people's post in this thread). I'd rather she debuted at No. 3 with a killer record behind whatever piece of shit is hot in the moment than have a half-arsed album that debuts at No. 1

Let's put it this way: no one remembers that Ray of Light didn't go to No. 1 in the USA and it's one of her best and highly regarded album. Conversely, MDNA and Hard Candy both went to No. 1 and let's face it, neither of them will be seen in the grand scheme of things as two of her best albums.

You make an excellent point but Madonna went up against Titanic, an absolute phonoman.

I think LN Interscope and Madonna all will be banking on a number one album so I think it's only natural they will avoid Adelle as Swift IF they are pencilled in for November (I'm not convinced by Adelle)

Madonna will also shoot brand new artwork alongside a new music video.....I see this happening next month.

Madonna will only move the album to March/April 2015 if it works for her, i.e. if there's another project she may do before that or whatever. Or if there is some kind of big personal circumstance on her part.

There is no way on heaven or earth that she'd shift her album release back a whole quarter because of Adele or Taylor Swift. And if you think she will, then sorry you're clueless. They may play around a bit with the week of release or whatever if there's a particularly big week but that'd about it. It would only mean first week of November instead of third or something like that.

ALL signs are pointing towards a 4th quarter 2014 release for this album. Obviously things may change but for now, there is absolutely no reason to think that she'd be releasing the album next year.

I quite agree but I do think Interscope would step in IF Adelle or Swift are releasing in November.....and play around with the week.

Madonna ONLY has the new album to release there are no side projects, the question is this...

Is the album finished? If the answers yes, it will e out in the next few months.

If the answers no and she's to go back into the studio, we are looking at the start of 2014.

The albums obviously finished and just being finalized. They are probably creating the tracklisting,mixing and mastering (M could be informed on all little details, "okaying" and changing things via email or phone conversation)...

I do think her birthday is like the last week of her relaxing and then it's time to get back to work, probably filming the first video and photo shoots for the album. It's happening sooner and sooner than we think. It's a great thing. I'm overcome with excitement.

Her last bit of vacation will be moving Lola into school. OMg I would die to just see that. I could see her frantically putting everything together in Lola's dorm, folding clothes, putting the sheets on the bed, etc..., :lol:

I can see her crying up a storm when she finally leaves

Guest bluejean

Anyway, most people here who think she can't release in November are clearly deluded and have not read the Genesis threads. There's no reason why she can't release it before the end of the year. The album is clearly DONE. Once she's back from summer holiday it will be time to plan the first single, mark my words. That includes photo-shoots, video shoot, artwork planning, promo planning, interviews & live perfs.

NTP Awards 2014-2015 saison here we come :wow:

Agree 100%!

If she is releasing the album next year why the fuck is she on holidays now? It's just bleeding obvious she finished recording the album and is taking a short break before she kicks into planning the promotion and launching the project.

Otherwise that would mean 6-7 months inbetween finishing the album and releasing it which is just completely ludicrous. Some people here really lack logic.

As for her shifting the release date around Taylor Swift and Adele, this is not Mariah we're talking about here.

Guest bluejean

I could see her frantically putting everything together in Lola's dorm, folding clothes, putting the sheets on the bed, etc..., :lol:

The Queen does not fold clothes or makes beds. She would make Princess Lola do that herself and Princess Lola will secretly pay one of her minions to do it.

I think most of us feel this way. However, what's wrong with hoping for both?

At the risk of sounding crazy: I just intuitively feel that it would be weird to release an album this year. It feel too soon in some way that I cannot fully explain. For one thing: I'm still listening to MDNA. I need to get that out if my system first.

At the risk of sounding crazy: I just intuitively feel that it would be weird to release an album this year. It feel too soon in some way that I cannot fully explain. For one thing: I'm still listening to MDNA. I need to get that out if my system first.

Oh hunni the world got MDNA out of there system about a week after it dropped.

It's definetly time for Madonna to return .

I love MDNA, but it's definitely time for a new album! There was actually a longer gap between HC and MDNA than was usual for her. I think getting back on her usual schedule of about 2 years between albums will only help her as far as keeping people interested in her and building momentum so I certainly hope the album comes out in November or so ,which I think it will. I can see no good reason for delaying it.

It's feels strange that MDNA was only 2.5 years ago (feels like an eternity) which used to be her usual cycle between studio albums and she's about to drop a new album so soon. I don't know or remember anymore how I survived the 4 years between HC and MDNA to be honest. :boozehound:

Wash it away Baby Girl, wash it away...

Guest bluejean

Lock him in a padded cell and throw away the key

Aren't we supposed to get a new madonna song when the giver soundtrack comes out? Didn't she hashtag coming soon like several months ago? Isn't We R Superstars secretly hers? :laugh:

Seems odd that we have no news, not even a rumored track listing. Maybe she just is going to wait to release the album right before a tour like she did the last time and use the next few months to map out the tour. If that does happen, I think its safe to say that she's no longer a recording artist and is now a touring act.