New Album rumours and discussion: album postponed to 2045.

Madonna on the xfactor is rumoured EVERY year...

I can't see Madonna doing it BUT it would be the perfect platform to promote brand new material if she's seriously coming back with a bang....

The massive audience figures and press attention the show gets could give the new single an incredible platform.....and prove to everybody just how brillient and relevant Madonna still is.

But I don't believe the rumour, she hasn't done it in the last 10years BUT with no Bowl this time round this could be the very best promo tool she hasn't yet taken advantage of!

The timing has never really been right for the X Factor before, the finals being over Nov/Dec but it looks perfect this time. As shit as it is, it still rates highly and would be perfect promo. just like the National Lottery (tacky but a very big deal back then) perf of Frozen in '98 guaranteed her that No 1 after such a long gap since the last...and right in time for the EMAs as well.

Oh and Graham Norton? No need for that, just one X Factor perf needed.

Guest Rachelle of London

If she does go on those shows HOW do you get tickets to be in the audience?? We all need to be there

If she does X factor final it's virtually impossible to get tickets. Any other night it would be so easy. :(

She NEEDS to do promo in the US. And positive promo. Nothing cringeworthy or else the media will tear her to shreds. I'm almost positive she'll do Letterman since he's leaving in a few months although Fallon would be better since he's much hipper and his show's super popular now. Although I absolutely loathe the AMAs and think they're super cheesy, that's the only big awards show and venue to promote yourself at that time of year so I don't know what other option she has. Do they do concerts on GMA and the Today Show in the winter time too or is that only in the summer?

Unless one of those photoshoots done in the spring is being used for the album, I'd think we still have a little ways to go before the final product is ready. I mean, they recorded the choir at the end of July and then she went on vacation. I am assuming she'll be back to work by the end of August or early September, but they still have to master and mix the album, shoot a video and prepare the promo schedule.

It's going to be a tight fit to make it by November. With COADF, the album title, release date, and first single were announced in late July - and the mastering was done. That was 3 months before the album release.

I am not saying everything will happen the same way this time, but past is often prologue.

How do we know she hasn't already done a photoshoot? If it's the official album shoot she may not have wanted to share any of that on Instagram yet and it's not like we know where she is and what she's doing every minute. As for a video, that can be done when she's done with vacation. Videos often come out a little while after a single's been released anyways so she has plenty of time to do that. And she doesn't have to announce anything about the title or release date until it's time. People tend not to do that anymore so far in advance anyways.

Guest CzarnaWisnia

It's his last season and they have a very well known history together. It would be smart from a ratings and media attention perspective.

Oh I agree, it's just not what I had in mind with my revolutionarily funny remark.

If she does X factor final it's virtually impossible to get tickets. Any other night it would be so easy. :(

I know people who work on it so I could get tickets but I don't think even M could compel me to sit through an entire recording of the X Factor

Guest Rachelle of London

I know people who work on it so I could get tickets but I don't think even M could compel me to sit through an entire recording of the X Factor

:lmao:

I know the final is really hard to get into. Even relatives of the finalists don't get tickets. They save them for all the z listers. I remember one of the Irish guys who reached the final complaining because they gave his dad's ticket to Tara Palmer Tomkinson :dead:

Guest bluejean

I will gladly take those off your hands ;)

Unless one of those photoshoots done in the spring is being used for the album, I'd think we still have a little ways to go before the final product is ready. I mean, they recorded the choir at the end of July and then she went on vacation. I am assuming she'll be back to work by the end of August or early September, but they still have to master and mix the album, shoot a video and prepare the promo schedule.

It's going to be a tight fit to make it by November. With COADF, the album title, release date, and first single were announced in late July - and the mastering was done. That was 3 months before the album release.

I am not saying everything will happen the same way this time, but past is often prologue.

completely agree with you.

i think the new album is gonna be released in march 2015.

she's gonna be back at beginning of september, i just think it's too tight to get everything done for release by november.

i think the new album is gonna be released in march 2015.

I hope not! That means no promotion.She will immediately start tour rehearsals around that time.We'll see a repeat of the MDNA situation :(

Rumor / Speculation???

From Mtribe:

Dance2nite wrote:

We will get an Official Press Release next month, the album is DONE & is currently being mixed while M is on holiday. She will shoot the Artwork later this month when she returns from her trip & shoot the First Single Music Video next month. The album will come in November (mid) before Adele's, Take That & 1Direction's albums in late November.

I think the recording process is finished.

The creative process doesn't take long.

4-6 weeks to shoot the new artwork, shoot a music video and prepare promo spots.

So it's STILL plausible we will get the album in November/December...

Guest bluejean

Why do so many people question the possibility of a November release? It is currently early august. 3 months to mix, master an album, shoot some photos and a video. It's very doable.

I don't know what kind of contract she has with Universal but Warner was pushing her for release dates while she was recording, she had deadlines (since they were financing the recordings by advancing the money) so now i don't know how she does, is she financing the recording herself or Universal is also paying for studio time. All this have an incidence on the release of the album since if she's financing it herself she'll release the album when she thinks it's done wether when she's contractually due to release it.

Why do so many people question the possibility of a November release? It is currently early august. 3 months to mix, master an album, shoot some photos and a video. It's very doable.

I agree however, it's just reflecting on past releases...

Madonna has always taken her time on the period between "finishing" the album and "releasing it".

As far as I'm concerned the creative process (artwork music video) HAS to happen next month.

If it doesn't then the album won't be released until 2015.

I think it'll be released late Nov-early Dec. After she completes next years tour, doesn't she have to record a final album and tour again before her contract expires in 2017? It could be done of course but things are going to be pretty tight considering there's usually a 2-3 year gap between albums.

^ Contracts were designed to be renegotiated. They can be extended, changed, etc. And if there's an "option" to extend the agreement for, say, another three albums or something, it would likely happen before the final album in the original contract anyway.

I don't know what kind of contract she has with Universal but Warner was pushing her for release dates while she was recording, she had deadlines (since they were financing the recordings by advancing the money) so now i don't know how she does, is she financing the recording herself or Universal is also paying for studio time. All this have an incidence on the release of the album since if she's financing it herself she'll release the album when she thinks it's done wether when she's contractually due to release it.

I believe LN pays for the recording of the album. And if not, Universal would be, so either way she's definitely not paying out of pocket. And you know Madonna - she's not going to take her sweet time. Tick tock, tick tock.

And I don't see why M would need to be there for the mixing. Even if she were in town, she wouldn't be sitting there while the engineer mixed it. She would pop in at the end and give her approval. And the way things work today, most of the songs would have been mixed throughout the recording process, especially if she's working with different producers. In other words, if the Avicii tracks were done months ago, they're likely already mixed. Then there's mastering, which she definitely wouldn't be present for. If she's on vacation right now, she's probably having tracks sent to her for approval. I can't imagine this is not a working holiday. The woman isn't capable of sitting still. You know mommy's on her phone/laptop in between family time. I still say 2014 is possible.

I agree however, it's just reflecting on past releases...

Madonna has always taken her time on the period between "finishing" the album and "releasing it".

As far as I'm concerned the creative process (artwork music video) HAS to happen next month.

If it doesn't then the album won't be released until 2015.

Wasn't she still working on Bedtime Stories in August and it was released in October? I'd have to check those (fabulous) Genesis Timelines...

^ She handed in the final album to WB in August, which means it was mixed by then. We also got an announcement about the title and first single release date. So that means this stuff would need to happen by September for a November release. However, I wouldn't rely on a 20-year-old (!) album for an indication of what's happening today. Times have changed.

Rumor / Speculation???

From Mtribe:

Dance2nite wrote:

We will get an Official Press Release next month, the album is DONE & is currently being mixed while M is on holiday. She will shoot the Artwork later this month when she returns from her trip & shoot the First Single Music Video next month. The album will come in November (mid) before Adele's, Take That & 1Direction's albums in late November.

This is just speculation aka wishful thinking...

But I'm still crossing my fingers for a November release.

It is still too early. So many artists are releasing in October and November but we know NOTHING about their albums and lead singles. Does that mean they are not releasing? No!

All the signs show that Nov the 3rd of the 10th are the key dates. October belongs to Taylor Swift and the second half of November to Adele, Take That, One Direction and Garth Brooks.