New Album rumours and discussion: album postponed to 2045.

We've stopped talking about the new album haven't we?

If you want to talk about promotion and interviews, please may I direct you all to the designated thread.

This thread is meant to be for new album talk & updates & discussion & rumours & potential exciting things only.

Guest CzarnaWisnia

I was just watching this film and this scene made me think of our waiting-complaining situation in this pre-album period (Chevy Chase being the voice of reason here):

uh the title says different darhling

this wait reminds me of the 1997 long recording of what became 'ray of light' album, so maybe next year we'll get the album.

uh the title says different darhling

this wait reminds me of the 1997 long recording of what became 'ray of light' album, so maybe next year we'll get the album.

It's happening a lot quicker than the wait new wen Hard Candy and MDNA so im grateful....

How about releasing the album name and first single title, does that start a new era for you princess?

Exactly. We don't even have that.

I agree, those interviews are SO boring. I really want journalists to talk more about the music in future interviews, let's hope some of them will be smart enough to ask the right questions.

The Larry Flick radio interview for MDNA was pretty good and music-based.

I think the problem with promotion, re interviews, with Madonna is that journalists often don't even ask her anything about her music and her new album, they just ask her questions about her past work, her private life, how she eats a banana or what's "a normal day for her" (how many times did we hear that doozer). I can understand her reluctance to go through with it in those circumstances.

A-FUCKING-MEN!

I hate most of her interviews. Larry Flick does pretty good, actually. And that interview she did with Attitude magazine in 2005 - now that interview knew his shit. He asked very pertinent questions and even about rumored tracks I think. We need some hardcore fans to interview her with some good questions, not these dumb ass celebrity interviewers. I want to know how songs came together. I want to know whose idea it was to produce a track a certain way or what unexpected things happened during recording that led to completely different outcomes for songs.

My god, her albums have these amazing stories behind them and no one asks shit about the music. "Oh, why are you dating a 25 year old?" Yeah, no one gives a fuck except the uptight bitches who can't get a 25 year old at age 55.

hmm maybe she should just allow journalists who are intelligent and interested in her work and her as a person. kind of like the making of ray of light ultrasound with the mtv guy (but someone better. he seemed tired that day.) just do one interview/semi making of in the studio and such. lots of rockstars & singer-songwriters do it like that. it's a lot more in depth and people also take it more seriously tbh.. those little promo interviews are so brief and silly anyway.

2018?? Really, are you guys serious? Or just saying that because she's taking her sweet mother humpin time?

For real...2018?

Scared!

Guest bluejean

True but the whole purpose of doing interviews is to promote the album and those crappy little promo interviews get shown to wider audiences than indepth making of the album type things that unfortunately the general public do not care about.

If they ask her one more question about motherhood, I'll...well... I'll keep on watching, but still, No more interviews about motherhood!

Guest CzarnaWisnia

"has being a mother changed you?

"yeah it has, and did you know I have a new album out? it's called _____ and is awesome!!"

"yes, thank you Madonna, now back to motherhood, for how long did you breastfeed, and did you enjoy it? what about the plumpiness of your milky breasts?"

If they ask her one more question about motherhood, I'll...well... I'll keep on watching, but still, No more interviews about motherhood!

:lol: So agree. Some interviewers are so obsessed with the whole Yummy Mummy ( I hate that term ) talk and details. Being a mother is a beautiful wonderful thing but Madonna is famous for being a singer and musical icon. So many interviewers spend over half of the interview asking her about her children and relationships. Both times she was married, it was about being a wife.

Guest CzarnaWisnia

Even that interview with whatshername where M said the "reductive" comment, it wasn't in depth at all. It was all about her personal life and other non important stuff. It really wasn't much promotion for MDNA.

Maybe the title of the thread should be changed, some people might actually think the album is postponed to 2018 when it's just a joke.

Edited by CzarnaWisnia

Guest CzarnaWisnia

I call it the "why did the interviewer print all those supposed fan questions and bring them with her for the interview, doesn't she have a green conscience and why carry all that stuff just to ask 2 or 3 questions?" interview

Everyone calls it the reductive interview. I always call it "Rub my feet" interview

:lmao:

I always referred to it as the "streamers" interview myself.

I hated that "reductive" interview. M was soo strange in it. I didn't feel like she was herself at all. It just felt so uncomfortable to watch. I like her better when she's loosened up and not pretentious and trying to be a "serious film director" like when she was on Ellen.

...Maybe the title of the thread should be changed, some people might actually think the album is postponed to 2018 when it's just a joke.

If they're clueless enough to believe that then they deserved to be misinformed lol

I think the problem with promotion, re interviews, with Madonna is that journalists often don't even ask her anything about her music and her new album, they just ask her questions about her past work, her private life, how she eats a banana or what's "a normal day for her" (how many times did we hear that doozer). I can understand her reluctance to go through with it in those circumstances.

I agree.I hope she does an interview with Billboard.Those journalists focus strictly on the *music*.Remember that 2005 Billboard interview that came out in the COADF era? That's what I wanna see more of!

9 November 2014 marks the 25th anniversary of the Berlin Wall. According to the German weekly news magazine Focus, Madonna is in negotiations to headline a special televised show taking place on that day, in front of the Brandenburg Gate.

"Madonna and Gaga are equally desperate for the honour of performing. They both like to think of themselves as very political, and will also have new albums to promote by then. It could reignite their long-running feud as the date draws nearer because neither are used to being told no."

"However, it's highly likely that the organizers would choose the Queen of Pop over Gaga, if push came to shove."

Original article (in German): http://www.focus.de/kultur/musik/madonna-madonna-und-lady-gaga-zanken-sich-um-berliner-mauer_id_4033830.html

I can't wait to hear M's voice on the new tracks... There's something about her voice, it makes me feel like I'm home :dramatic:

:kiss2: Yes, indeed! The sound of her voice can evoke in me blissful feelings that I cannot easily put into words: joy, enchantment, a sense of "belonging"..... Actually, as I'm writing this, I realize that obviously I DO KNOW how to describe them: they are feelings of LOVE and being IN LOVE! :inlove:

:kiss2: Yes, indeed! The sound of her voice can evoke in me blissful feelings that I cannot easily put into words: joy, enchantment, a sense of "belonging"..... Actually, as I'm writing this, I realize that obviously I DO KNOW how to describe them: they are feelings of LOVE and being IN LOVE! :inlove:

Tumbleweedt, that is lovely. Madonna's voice is so under-rated. She sings happy songs with such joy, sad songs with such empathy and emotion and sexy songs so seductively. Also, her voice is lovely to listen to. Plus when she sings about her love for dancing, I always want to dance as well.