New Album rumours and discussion: album postponed to 2045.

I agree if she promotes this album as she did W.E., and of course her passion for artforfreedom is the theme of the album, I see her getting out there and pushing it because she has a lot to say through music and she wants the world to listen.

i love GAYL!!! great video and tour perf (that remix was epic!!!), i admit it wasn't lead single material but i enjoy it!!!

as for the need of promotion, not so much for the album sales, but for the tour awarness, in part i disagree with you chelle, but you know i love you nonetheless!!! :laugh:

Madonna could fart on a British Airways flight and it become headline news before she's even landed. She doesn't need to become anymore relevant in the media. Doing a 1000 talk shows is not gonna make Madonna a superstar, she already is one. There would be no point. The confessions era was 10 years ago, ROL was 16 years ago. Things have changed. Even as an upcoming artist she wasn't pimping herself out promoting her albums. Madonna doesn't need to do useless promo to grab attention. She already has it.

I agree with you, she doesn't need to promote.

But for our pleasure, for the fun to see her on talk-show, performing some songs, she needs to do it! :laugh:

Guest bluejean

Madonna could fart on a British Airways flight and it become headline news before she's even landed.

Not a bad idea at all actually. That would be HUGE news if she did that. NTP at its FINEST. And imagine the accounts of what it smelt like!

Regarding the photo shoot: mad eyes fan sight a while ago posted that Madonna was going to use shots that had already been done for magazine covers ect for the new album release also does any one no who the person is that itunes are releasing an album for on august 31 2014 look it up if you can

I don't believe this.

Madonna ALWAYS shoots brand new artwork for all of her albums, I can't see her new one being any different.

When the news of a new album shoot and music video come, that's when I'll believe new music will be released.

I don't believe this.

Madonna ALWAYS shoots brand new artwork for all of her albums, I can't see her new one being any different.

When the news of a new album shoot and music video come, that's when I'll believe new music will be released.

Yes, I do hope she uses new artwork for the cover and recycle something from magazine shoots or that was already seen on instagram. But how far in advance do you have to do an album shoot or music video? Not that far in advance I don't think. Sometimes with videos don't they film even after the single comes out? I still think the new album will come out some time this fall.

I want M to promote the album. Perhaps not as insane like during the ROL era. But I don't want her to become lazy and think just because she's so big she doesn't have to promote the album. It's very uncharacteristic of her. There's many types of promotion she can do but it'll be nice if she does Trad. Promo even if just a few.

I want M to promote the album. Perhaps not as insane like during the ROL era. But I don't want her to become lazy and think just because she's so big she doesn't have to promote the album. It's very uncharacteristic of her. There's many types of promotion she can do but it'll be nice if she does Trad. Promo even if just a few.

I think a lot of it is to do with sales now.

There's no point going out and plugging an album to sell an extra 100K, it's very rare albums sell over 5million nowerdays...

Gaga and Adelle did it but there in there first 10years Madonnas in her 3rd decade of recording but her sales are still higher than her contempories she started with or that came before her.

I want her to bring her music to the "masses" again.

MDNA felt like a "fan only" album and was treated as such.....ROL was a massive "re-introduction" it had been 4years since she had out out an album and she went out and Completly re introduced herself as a different artist, I'd say that was her biggest re-invention of her career, particularly with her sound.....

Yes, I do hope she uses new artwork for the cover and recycle something from magazine shoots or that was already seen on instagram. But how far in advance do you have to do an album shoot or music video? Not that far in advance I don't think. Sometimes with videos don't they film even after the single comes out? I still think the new album will come out some time this fall.

Music videos usually take a month to edit.

I'd say the "creative" process needs to begin next month for the new album to drop this year.

So that's the album artwork, music video and if she plays and live promo shows to plug the album....then there's the TV spots, and any travelling to around Europe to promote the album.

If JT was so influential in S&S success how come his own tour isn't the most successful solo tour of all time. He does charge about the same as M

selling concerts and selling actual music are 2 different things. M doesn't get #1 songs anymore but is the top touring artist. other young pop stars can sell a ton of singles through itunes but not do good on tour. so looking at it, its probably an age demographic issue. i'd say most of M's fans are older and have more money, so they can afford to see her live. JT and other young pop stars have a younger audience who buy itune singles because they are cheap but can't afford to go to concerts

There's no point going out and plugging an album to sell an extra 100K, it's very rare albums sell over 5million nowerdays...

Gaga and Adelle did it but there in there first 10years Madonnas in her 3rd decade of recording but her sales are still higher than her contempories she started with or that came before her.

MDNA felt like a "fan only" album and was treated as such.....ROL was a massive "re-introduction" it had been 4years since she had out out an album and she went out and Completly re introduced herself as a different artist, I'd say that was her biggest re-invention of her career, particularly with her sound.....

It just seems to me promotion has a much better result with newer artists who people don't have preconceived notions, both positive and negative about. With an artist like Madonna that has been around so long and has been releasing music regularly, people tend to either love her music, hate it or just not interested in her music. Now maybe promotion works with older artists who haven't been releasing stuff regularly, so they can hype up some big comeback but that's not Madonna. People have had a chance to experience her music. I love seeing her on tv, hearing radio interviews, buying magazines with interviews of her just because I love seeing her and hearing her as a fan, but I'm not under any illusion that a lot of promotion is really going to have that huge a result in terms of greater sales.

It just seems to me promotion has a much better result with newer artists who people don't have preconceived notions, both positive and negative about. With an artist like Madonna that has been around so long and has been releasing music regularly, people tend to either love her music, hate it or just not interested in her music. Now maybe promotion works with older artists who haven't been releasing stuff regularly, so they can hype up some big comeback but that's not Madonna. People have had a chance to experience her music. I love seeing her on tv, hearing radio interviews, buying magazines with interviews of her just because I love seeing her and hearing her as a fan, but I'm not under any illusion that a lot of promotion is really going to have that huge a result in terms of greater sales.

Your absolutely right.

Things is, in my opinion, MDNA wouldn't of sold anymore even if she had of follower up Super Bowl with promo, the fact as never did anything following it didn't help GMAYL.....the song was too weak and needed plugging.....i believe she could of had a top five in America AND Europe of she had promoted after the Bowl.

That said, I'm not overly bothered she didn't promote it, as I think it was a low point in her discography.....if the new album is music she genuinely loves with a message, then it deserves promoting....

I know we're not in 1998 anymore but can you imagine Madonna releasing ROL the same way she did Hard Candy or MDNA.....

What I'm trying to get at is that if she turns up with a real classic Madonna golden album that pushes all the right buttons, I think she will want to go out and bring it to the masses.

Which is why she should promote it. Not everyone has the time to check Madonna information on the Internet, which is why she should do push marketing on other avenues. It doesn't mean she has to whore herself like a certain Poopstar. But she should increase her visibility compared to the MDNA era. Sure, she gets headlines even when she posts an Instagram selfie but remember that the Internet is a vast platform and just by being on it doesn't mean one will always encounter a Madonna news every time they go online.

I agree. Also a lot of people didn't know about MDNA. Radio don't play her no more, she has to do a few special performances.

Taylor Swift is probably the artist releasing on August 31st on iTunes. She's performing on VMA's.

Guest bluejean

I think if Madonna brought out a great single/album and promoted it it would be viewed as a "comeback." Yes she has been releasing new music but that doesn't mean people knew about it.

I think it's worth thinking about whether or not Madonna may have filmed a video/videos and done the artwork already.

Who's to say most of that isn't already ready to go and ahe's just waiting for the right time?

We may not find out about them before the release because she may want to surprise with the new single or album.

I don't think she's done anything. I think she's enjoying her last vacation with her family and her bday before getting back to work.

Guest CzarnaWisnia

I think the problem with promotion, re interviews, with Madonna is that journalists often don't even ask her anything about her music and her new album, they just ask her questions about her past work, her private life, how she eats a banana or what's "a normal day for her" (how many times did we hear that doozer). I can understand her reluctance to go through with it in those circumstances.

I think the problem with promotion, re interviews, with Madonna is that journalists often don't even ask her anything about her music and her new album, they just ask her questions about her past work, her private life, how she eats a banana or what's "a normal day for her" (how many times did we hear that doozer). I can understand her reluctance to go through with it in those circumstances.

I agree, those interviews are SO boring. I really want journalists to talk more about the music in future interviews, let's hope some of them will be smart enough to ask the right questions.

Guest CzarnaWisnia

she should do at least one or two interviews with actual music journalists, not pop media journalists.

I think it's worth thinking about whether or not Madonna may have filmed a video/videos and done the artwork already.

Who's to say most of that isn't already ready to go and ahe's just waiting for the right time?

We may not find out about them before the release because she may want to surprise with the new single or album.

We would of heard something by now and the way madonna uses Instagram she would of teased any creative process as we has done with the recording process.

It would be nice to see her again at the VMAs as it is a landmark 30th.

Maybe the first apprerance of the new era?

We would of heard something by now and the way madonna uses Instagram she would of teased any creative process as we has done with the recording process.

It would be nice to see her again at the VMAs as it is a landmark 30th.

Maybe the first apprerance of the new era?

Well, we know she has gotten together with Mert and Marcus and Giovanni because of instagram and that they've at minimum heard some of the new music.

If Beyonce can film 12 videos in secret then I'm sure Madonna could do at least one video and a photo shoot in secret as well. To me it's just a possibility to consider, that more may be done than we realize.

Maybe she won't surprise with anything this era but at this point we don't know.

An important thing to keep in mind is that, while she seems to be purposely revealing certain details about the new album, she's never used social media during the creation of an album before. Therefore, we don't have any genesis timelines or guidelines as to the significance of this information in the broader scheme of things. She could very well have done much more or maybe even less than we think just based off of Instagram postings alone.