New Album rumours and discussion: album postponed to 2045.

most of the people around MADONNA are claiming to have heard the album and it is great...

this album may be finished already... why would MADONNA let her friends hear an unfinished album... this album will be released 2014 definitely... it's just a question on what week of the 4th quarter

This does SEEM to be confirmation, although I don't know how reliable the source is - otherwise this would definitely warrant a new thread. It's a bit specific for mere conjecture though.

The Sun today claim she is in "talks" to appear on The X Factor sometime in November (the final is in December), The Mirror says, and I quote, "Madonna 'will perform on X Factor live shows'" but is referencing The Sun's source.

Anyway, we can only hope! I want a THREE MINUTE X Factor intro with all the videos and ridiculous hyperbole like "3 BILLION RECORDS SOLD". :wow:

I don't see why they can't give her a 12 minute slot:

1. Classic

2. New song

3. Classic

4. Classic

(Similar to Super Bowl, with shorter performances of the classics for time constraints)

Madonna on the xfactor is rumoured EVERY year...

I can't see Madonna doing it BUT it would be the perfect platform to promote brand new material if she's seriously coming back with a bang....

The massive audience figures and press attention the show gets could give the new single an incredible platform.....and prove to everybody just how brillient and relevant Madonna still is.

But I don't believe the rumour, she hasn't done it in the last 10years BUT with no Bowl this time round this could be the very best promo tool she hasn't yet taken advantage of!

I'm not rating Rihanna higher than Madonna, but I beg to differ with that statement.

Aside from "Umbrella," "Don't Stop the Music," and "We Found Love," what Rihanna hits are going to be "classic" 20 years from now? Madonna has more classic/iconic #2 hits than Rihanna has potentially "classic" #1's. And I'm still just talking about the first 7 years. If Rihanna released a greatest hits, half would be skippable.

The rare and wonderful thing about Madonnas greatest hits, The Immaculate Collection, is that every other song on it IS a classic.

That's an amazing achievement, everything from 1983-1990 was pure pop gold.

No wonder TIC became the biggest selling compilation for a female.

It's untouchable.

Guest gang bang

Madonna's 7 first years:

• 4 or 5 studio albums, depending on whether or not I'm Breathless is included
  • 20 top 10 hits in the US, including 8 #1 hits
  • 23 top 10 hits in the UK, including 7 #1 hits

Rihanna's 7 first years:

• 7 studio albums
  • 25 top 10 hits in the US, including 13 #1 hits
  • 24 top 10 hits in the UK, including 8 #1 hits

It would make sense for Rihanna to release a GH album soon, even though a few of her major hits have been as a featured artist, and you're right that only a few of them have become classics. Not to mention that co-wrote only a few of her major hits, if any..

nooo , she will flop so hard , her only classic well semi classic is Umbrella ...

Guest Rachelle of London

Contrary to some members beliefs if M released the same month as Rihanna then that would be strong competition. Even though I hate X factor it would be great for M to be on a prime time tv show

Just b4 Madonna broke up w/ Brahim he did dancing w/ the stars, some kind of reality show, and called it tacky? I didn't think she would ever do these kinds of shows. I hate them and would rather not see her stoop down to this level. On the other hand, I want a new Madonna performance. Anywhere. idc if it's in a bathroom stall.

Even though I hate X factor it would be great for M to be on a prime time tv show

I'd hate to see her on the final singing with one of those losers,, even if Queen B did it. Her facial expressions at the clueless French ones was enough.

okay i know it would be good for promo but i'd rather she wouldn't be associated with anything related to those tacky shows. pick the EMAs instead if autumn is release time.

and i agree with chelle about rihanna. and contrary to popular belief, she's NOT only a singles artist. her albums sell pretty well.

she hates that "performance" :lmao: and the woman tries to be all sexy during the frozen performance when that obviously isn't the point of the song :p but hey they can't know everything :lmao:

Too funny...... M`s facial expressions are just priceless....... She musta thought.... WHY AM I HERE...! JUST WHY...........!

Those performances were truly dreadful... No wonder she couldn't`t take that " Jesus Christ, what is this" Smile off her face...

she could perform at the Graham Norton's show, although i don't remember if people actually perform there or they're just being interviewed

Otherwise she could still do Stricly :D - jk

Hmmmm

I get what everyone's saying BUT Madonna has shared the stage with Miley Cyrus, collaborated with Niki Minaj is about to release music with Avicci.....

If she's willing to do all of these things to somewhat, stay relevant, why not perform on the biggest TV show......she could use it to her advantage not disadvantage!

She's already got slagged from here to here for singing with Cyrus.....who cares?

One UK performance would be enough if that allowed her to come over to mainland Europe as well, she could perform on a talk show in France or Germany for example. Those are the biggest European music markets (along with the UK obvs) after all.

Aaargh I would love a COADF-type promo with several performances all over Europe!

Yes, so true. You can always understand the lyrics Madonna is singing. Like my mother used to always say about Madonna - other singers have bigger ranges so may have technically better voices but Madonna is a much better singer. ( she was referring to Whitney and Mariah ) :laugh:​ They can't sing with the same emotion and feeling.

With this new album, I can't wait to hear her sing the lyrics we have already been shown. Great times ahead.

I agree with what your saying but I feel Whitney could put emotion in a song. I can't explain it with Madonna. She draws you into the song and it almost feels like she's reading your mind as she's singing. I adore the sound of her voice. It's comforting. I always loved Mariah's music and voice but feel a slight distance. It sounds great but too many times it feels as if it's all about her.

Oh and I love love love Diana Ross but check out her twitter that I "believe" is her twitter that she seems to have stopped using in 2013.

That was an ouch moment that someone posted earlier about the vmas and I'm sure Diana has made her comments. Mary Wilson talked about Diana and her need for the spotlight.

I do love Diana though. Love her music, her voice, her movies, she's beautiful. Just watched her concert in Central Park a few weeks ago.