New Album rumours and discussion: album postponed to 2045.

I've met/worked with her. She was lovely. I was told to only refer to her as Miss Ross, but she told me to call her Diana and said her 12-year-old son was as tall as I was (don't know why I remember that).

I get the feeling that she's really come down to earth since then and matured. I'm a big fan of hers actually, I like her but I just know from many sources that in the beginning of her career and for many years she was extremely, extremely difficult to work with and be around. I honestly don't blame her. She was the biggest star in the world. I'd probably be the same way if not worse! I've always wondered how harsh M is with her team….she seems really close to them but I get a real Miranda Priestly vibe from her.

Guest Rachelle of London

Diana Ross can be a diva though! She is the epitome of diva! Who wants a saccharine false superstar like Gaga. Diana's fabulous!

Diana Ross can be a diva though! She is the epitome of diva! Who wants a saccharine false superstar like Gaga. Diana's fabulous!

I agree.Diana Ross is great,even if she takes her diva status too seriously at times ;)

Guest bluejean

If your gonna hang your breast out like that, it's expected to have people tap it

If it were Janet's people would steer clear

Tumbleweedt, that is lovely. Madonna's voice is so under-rated. She sings happy songs with such joy, sad songs with such empathy and emotion and sexy songs so seductively. Also, her voice is lovely to listen to. Plus when she sings about her love for dancing, I always want to dance as well.

Exac-fucking-tly!!! Madonna just sings. Her voice flows smoothly, confidently, artistically. She does not need to squeal like a chip monk (Mariah Carey) or rip her throat (Rihanna) or scream like a cat in heat and overact (Lady Gag)... Another thing I love about Madonna's singing is that she pronounces the lyrics a lot more clearly than other artists. As I listen to her songs, it's not just about the beat. With Madonna singing you feel what she's saying and it really goes through your whole body like a heat!

Her four latest albums were all released in the second half of November.

I guess the release following her next album will be a GH. After all, she already had 13 US #1 hits and a total of 25 top 10 hits on the Billboard Hot 100.

Yes, she has already more and bigger hits than M had when she released TIC.

Exac-fucking-tly!!! Madonna just sings. Her voice flows smoothly, confidently, artistically. She does not need to squeal like a chip monk (Mariah Carey) or rip her throat (Rihanna) or scream like a cat in heat and overact (Lady Gag)... Another thing I love about Madonna's singing is that she pronounces the lyrics a lot more clearly than other artists. As I listen to her songs, it's not just about the beat. With Madonna singing you feel what she's saying and it really goes through your whole body like a heat!

"do you wanna go hiiiiiiiieeeeerrrrrrrggggggggggeeeeehgghghghgggh"?

Yes, so true. You can always understand the lyrics Madonna is singing. Like my mother used to always say about Madonna - other singers have bigger ranges so may have technically better voices but Madonna is a much better singer. ( she was referring to Whitney and Mariah ) :laugh:​ They can't sing with the same emotion and feeling.

With this new album, I can't wait to hear her sing the lyrics we have already been shown. Great times ahead.

Yes, she has already more and bigger hits than M had when she released TIC.

Really?? M released TIC 7 years into her career. Rihanna's been going for what? 8 or 9 years? I can only name a handful of Rihanna songs

I've met/worked with her. She was lovely. I was told to only refer to her as Miss Ross, but she told me to call her Diana and said her 12-year-old son was as tall as I was (don't know why I remember that).

Ooh I need to know more! What did you work as?

well, a lot of Riris hits are features with other artists which makes them kinda questionable at first place..

also, most of them are fueled by ridiculously low priced digital sales (compared to physical sales of Madge hits)..

Really?? M released TIC 7 years into her career. Rihanna's been going for what? 8 or 9 years? I can only name a handful of Rihanna songs

Madonna's 7 first years:

• 4 or 5 studio albums, depending on whether or not I'm Breathless is included
  • 20 top 10 hits in the US, including 8 #1 hits
  • 23 top 10 hits in the UK, including 7 #1 hits

Rihanna's 7 first years:

• 7 studio albums
  • 25 top 10 hits in the US, including 13 #1 hits
  • 24 top 10 hits in the UK, including 8 #1 hits

It would make sense for Rihanna to release a GH album soon, even though a few of her major hits have been as a featured artist, and you're right that only a few of them have become classics. Not to mention that co-wrote only a few of her major hits, if any..

Her four latest albums were all released in the second half of November.

I guess the release following her next album will be a GH. After all, she already had 13 US #1 hits and a total of 25 top 10 hits on the Billboard Hot 100.

A RiRi GH. Just imagine. :dramatic::wow:

But apparently she isn't.. it's some soundtrack thing and a new studio album. No one cares about GHs in the iTunes age, that's the difference and why she hasn't released one.

Greatest hits don't sell anymore...

It's already a fact that most of Rihanna's hits are not remembered the way M's hits were, plus she has a lot of featurings... and she never has sold albums... There's something fake in her carreer. We don't know who she is neither.

Why this topic title ? I got worried !! :ohmy::laugh:

Why do people keep insisting Rihanna doesn't sell albums? Has anyone looked up the sales numbers of Good Girl Gone Bad? Not to mention Unapologetic was one of the best-selling albums in 2012 despite being released only at the end of the year.

If we want Madonna's album to hit #1, she defo shouldn't release the same week Rihanna does either. Rihanna's one of the strongest forces in the music industry right now, regardless of whether her hits are memorable or not.

how is no one talking about this?

X FACTOR: @Madonna has been booked to perform at @TheXFactor grand final alongside @takethat and @GaryBarlow #xfactor

from mrcelebUK

Hope it's real!

X FACTOR: @Madonna has been booked to perform at @TheXFactor grand final alongside @takethat and @GaryBarlow #xfactor

from mrcelebUK

hope this is true. Bring on a single and it's video.

A few things about Ree-Ree before getting back to the non-news about M's new album:

- It is much easier today to land a #1 single. If Madonna were at her peak now, she'd be racking up more than Rihanna.

- 7 years into her career, M had at least 13 singles that have become enduring hits (still get played on the radio and everyone knows). Rihanna? I would count 5 or maybe 6 SOLO hits that have endured and are likely to continue to: "Umbrella," "Don't Stop the Music," "Only Girl (In The World)," "We Found Love," maybe "Rude Boy" or "What's My Name?" And by endure I mean still get radio play (AC and Hot AC radio are a good barometer for if a song is "remembered" or enduring).

- Good Girl Gone Bad was an exception to the rule. Loud did kind of well, but even that one hasn't crossed 2m in the U.S. The rest of Rihanna's other albums have barely crossed 1m. Yes, sales are down overall. Yes, times have changed. Yes, Adele is an exception. But she's barely outselling Katy Perry. And at her peak Lady Gaga's The Fame sold 4.5m. To be at the peak of your game and considered one of the biggest female pop stars of the day, to sell what she's selling albums-wise isn't that impressive at all. She's still a singles artist in my mind.

Yes.. Excited that M is in talks to appear on the uk xfactor.... At least we know that the album will be out by then. It would be a great platform for exposure... Xfactor still draws one of the biggest audiences on terrestrial TV each year........ Would be amazing to see her doing a bit of mentoring and then performing the first new single of the new era. But Nov/Dec is soooooo long to wait.... ugggg..!

Rihanna may have lots of hits but most of them will not become classics like the entire TIC.

I'm not rating Rihanna higher than Madonna, but I beg to differ with that statement.

from mrcelebUK

This does SEEM to be confirmation, although I don't know how reliable the source is - otherwise this would definitely warrant a new thread. It's a bit specific for mere conjecture though.

The Sun today claim she is in "talks" to appear on The X Factor sometime in November (the final is in December), The Mirror says, and I quote, "Madonna 'will perform on X Factor live shows'" but is referencing The Sun's source.

Anyway, we can only hope! I want a THREE MINUTE X Factor intro with all the videos and ridiculous hyperbole like "3 BILLION RECORDS SOLD". :wow:

I don't see why they can't give her a 12 minute slot:

1. Classic

2. New song

3. Classic

4. Classic

(Similar to Super Bowl, with shorter performances of the classics for time constraints)

from mrcelebUK

OMG, A LOVE WON'T WAIT DUET?!?!??