New Album rumours and discussion: album postponed to 2045.

Didn't the stupid bitch announce Artflop twelve months in advance?

She also delayed it 87 million times. It was originally supposed to come out in late 2012, then early 2013, then summer 2013, then finally fourth quarter. Dumb bitch.

Things are very calm....

I don't think they will want a repeat of the MDNA model....

So I do think the timescale will be late THIS year for the album to allow time to promote...

That leave next year to tour, she tours much longer now since joining LiveNation so with tour prep/rehearsals and the actual live dates....

The tour will take up all of 2015

I'm betting on a November/December album release.

This.

I wouldn't even rule out an October release. It's not ten years ago. Like someone said, these things don't get announced months in advance anymore. Anyone who thinks she'll wait until next year are in for a happy surprise!

I would hope this whole era is about making up for the MDNA model. Usually if something she does doesn't work, she immediately goes back to the drawing board to do something better or more successful.

Definitely hope we get more promotion this time around and that she focuses solely on the release of the album.

Edited by Arnian

I would hope this whole era is about making up for the MDNA model. Usually if something she does doesn't work, she immediately goes back to the drawing board to do something better or more successful.

Definitely hope we get more promotion this time around and that she focuses solely on the release of the album.

and always fans have unrealistic ideas..

She will definitely focus on her Tour, promotion for the album will likely be like last time as she's on the same label and distributor. They don't have the promotional machine that WB had.

And there won't be any Super Bowl like event this time, which gave MDNA a huge push.

She will definitely focus on her Tour, promotion for the album will likely be like last time as she's on the same label and distributor. They don't have the promotional machine that WB had.

And there won't be any Super Bowl like event this time, which gave MDNA a huge push.

Completely agree!

Madonna hasn't had an album era properly since Ray of Light!

I can't see her rolling one out after 15years?

She IS all about touring now....that said I do think she will set the album up BIG, if it wasn't for the Bowl MDNA would have had zero of anything!

Would anyone even if known madonna had a new record out?

So I think a big publicised performance of the lead is defiently on the cards!!!!

Completely agree!

Erm, did you forget Confessions on a Dance Floor?

She has to promote or make herself appear for people to know she will be on tour. Last time she had Super Bowl so job done for the tour to sell out.

This time, no Super Bowl so she has to somehow let people (casual buyers not fans) to know she will be touring. She needs to promote and perform!

The movie 'The Giver' is being released in 9 days and so far nothing about Messiah being in the movie, so I guess you guys were right...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0435651/soundtrack

Completely agree!

She IS all about touring now....that said I do think she will set the album up BIG, if it wasn't for the Bowl MDNA would have had zero of anything!

Would anyone even if known madonna had a new record out?

So I think a big publicised performance of the lead is defiently on the cards!!!!

She didnt have a huge family back then, I think she prefers spending more time with them and I commend it tbh

May be unrealistic but I want to also be optimistic before every era, it is a part of the fun even if it can be a let down at times.

There have been rumors this is her most ambitious project in 10 years, if there's any truth to those rumors then we could get something special.

Still going to hope we get some good promotion from her this time around because you are right, she doesn't have the Super Bowl promotion this time. All though that only really promoted MDNA in the U.S., she definitely needs more international promotion this time.

i just wanted to ask same question...

i think we ll get COADF meets AL things out. and that doesent seems bad.

i really hope we ll get something like COADF kind of promotion for album. even if album is again politicaly filled, i guess with more general subjects of pro peace and pro humanic messages she needs to go around and do small shows and apearings on tv (like with coadf) to spread all these messages to general audience. not only to fans and tour consumers. that would be great.

Serioysly what,makes some of you guys think that Madonna wont promote this time aroound?

She promoted the hell out of W.E. and did 3 major magazine cover shoots and SNL, Grammys and MTV Unplugged performances this past year with NOTHING to promote!

M did a lot of promo for HC if you think about it, she even appeared on radio shows.

That's one of the reasons why 4 minutes was a decent sized radio hit, because she did so many radio shows.

Hoping we get a Confessions type promotional push for the release.

M did a lot of promo for HC if you think about it, she even appeared on radio shows.

True, especially in the United States - the whole album was really targeted towards the US market. She pushed 4 Minutes hard and I think that's a big part of why it was able to hit #3 on the Hot 100 when almost all of her other singles this past decade struggled on the charts.

Guest Rachelle of London

From a financial standpoint there isn't much point m doing a lot of promo. What difference it make. She may sell a few more thousand copies. For us fans it will very exciting of course but what's the point. M just needs a great lead single. The music will sell itself.

Guest Rachelle of London

True, especially in the United States - the whole album was really targeted towards the US market. She pushed 4 Minutes hard and I think that's a big part of why it was able to hit #3 on the Hot 100 when almost all of her other singles this past decade struggled on the charts.

Even in Europe. She did Radio Ones Big Weekend, Olympia, BBC interviews etc and it scored her a number one. She was very out there in the lead up to HC.

American fans got some goodies too. Heck she even appeared on 106 & Park!

From a financial standpoint there isn't much point m doing a lot of promo. What difference it make. She may sell a few more thousand copies. For us fans it will very exciting of course but what's the point. M just needs a great lead single. The music will sell itself.

I think that, with the current music business model, it's better to think of promotion for an album as being promotion for the entire era (including the tour). Yes, Madonna hardly needs any more music sales and earns only a very small portion of her income from it, but being visible in the media and having popular music is incredibly important for selling tickets. For example, I'm sure a big part of why the MDNA Tour had such a big gross was because she had the massive promotional push of the Super Bowl literally days before tour tickets went on sale worldwide.

MDNAs title was announced in middle january during that Graham norton interview just two months before its release. So if the album IS going to be released around november, we shouldn't expect much till september or october the latest

But she had shot the first single video and album photoshoot during the fall of the year before.

Guest Rachelle of London

Honestly, I hope she pulls another MDNA era.

I think the same. Id rather have another amazing tour to look back on then some random tv interviews. Wouldn't mind more magazine shoots this time round.

Even in Europe. She did Radio Ones Big Weekend, Olympia, BBC interviews etc and it scored her a number one. She was very out there in the lead up to HC.

American fans got some goodies too. Heck she even appeared on 106 & Park!

Omg I remember that day seeing her! Ugh...I wish I still had the pic I snapped.

I agree that was her last real big push as it was certainly the last time she had a full theme, new look for an album...

But it wasn't an album era.

Ray of light was the last time she rolled out full promotion for every single, concentrated on every video.....1998 was FULL of promoting that album!

COADF was like a mini era.

I agree that was her last real big push as it was certainly the last time she had a full theme, new look for an album...

But it wasn't an album era.

Ray of light was the last time she rolled out full promotion for every single, concentrated on every video.....1998 was FULL of promoting that album!

COADF was like a mini era.

Ray of Light also sold 16 million copies - nowadays, it's impossible to even come close to that. The economics of the business have changed so that it's all about touring, where Madonna is undispuatedly dominant.

Well, there was obviously no tour following ROL therefore she could have dedicated herself to an extended album promotion...I fully agree with MDNA scenario, just incorporate the new album into the next fabulous tour.

I don't think MDNA era was all that bad, the album did well and the tour was magnificent. She did some interviews during the tour and also the fb chat. The only thing it lacked was a promo tour (what for when we have an actual amazing tour?) and magazine covers. Add 2 magazine spreads like the ones we've gotten so far and count me in for another MDNA scenario.

Anyway, in the end, isn't music the most important?

Edited by juanmaxxx