New Album rumours and discussion: album postponed to 2045.

That 1D thing is simply weird. Most of them are ugly and the songs aren't great. At least with other boybands they were handsome and had good tracks.

Or maybe i was younger and didn't know better, hahaha

That 1D thing is simply weird. Most of them are ugly and the songs aren't great. At least with other boybands they were handsome and had good tracks.

Or maybe i was younger and didn't know better, hahaha

I think Harry, Louis and Zane are really cute. I used to ship Larry Stylinson, but grew bored with it after a while lol. I love "Moments" by 1D and "The Story of My Life". They generally have beautiful music. This is getting off topic though. Lets get back to Madonna ;)

Cher is on tour? Again!

Come on M, get a single out, quick. And make sure it is chart eligible in the UK, don't want a repeat of GMAYL having half its sales discounted.

Ive never been able to hear the musical reference of Hung Up in Love Spent which is weird because Love Spent is probably my favourite Madonna song closely followed by Hung Up somewhere in my top 5.

Can someone tell me where in the song this reference is???

You can hear it around the 1:01 mark.

Ive never been able to hear the musical reference of Hung Up in Love Spent which is weird because Love Spent is probably my favourite Madonna song closely followed by Hung Up somewhere in my top 5.

Can someone tell me where in the song this reference is???

It's the ABBA sample basically

But didn't Madonna instagram she was going to own 2014? She must have believed the album would be finished and released within this year... Just a thought.

Doesn't everyone say this during the new year? I know I do.

I know some of you think time is getting on, but there's still plenty of time for a November release this year. After all, we haven't heard anything concrete about other supposed Nov/Dec releases yet (One Direction, Adele etc.) regarding album titles and release dates.

HOWEVER, just to put things into perspective (info taken from Genesis Timelines):

• Confessions was released November 11, but Madonna.com confirmed the album title and first single on July 26 (Madonna had of course earlier confirmed the title at Live 8 on July 2.)

If the new album IS being scheduled for a November release, we certainly had a lot more information regarding Confessions by this point in time. Album release date and Hung Up radio-add date were confirmed August 4, (although Madonna.com had confirmed a 'late November' release as early as June 17.)

So if she IS releasing this year, we should hear something really soon.

I know some of you think time is getting on, but there's still plenty of time for a November release this year. After all, we haven't heard anything concrete about other supposed Nov/Dec releases yet (One Direction, Adele etc.) regarding album titles and release dates.

HOWEVER, just to put things into perspective (info taken from Genesis Timelines):

• Confessions was released November 11, but Madonna.com confirmed the album title and first single on July 26 (Madonna had of course earlier confirmed the title at Live 8 on July 2.)

If the new album IS being scheduled for a November release, we certainly had a lot more information regarding Confessions by this point in time. Album release date and Hung Up radio-add date were confirmed August 4, (although Madonna.com had confirmed a 'late November' release as early as June 17.)

So if she IS releasing this year, we should hear something really soon.

Things have changed drastically since then. Announcing single and album titles and release dates make them more vulnerable for leaks, which is in part why musicians release more and more music on the go or look at the Beyonce surprise album for instance! I think we'll be getting an announcement very close to the release, if we even get one!

MDNAs title was announced in middle january during that Graham norton interview just two months before its release. So if the album IS going to be released around november, we shouldn't expect much till september or october the latest

Things have changed drastically since then. Announcing single and album titles and release dates make them more vulnerable for leaks, which is in part why musicians release more and more music on the go or look at the Beyonce surprise album for instance! I think we'll be getting an announcement very close to the release, if we even get one!

I agree. Looking back to 2005, which was almost 10 years ago and when she was on a totally different label, isn't the best comparison. What's important is the production timeline. And it seems like they're entering the mixing and mastering phase, if they haven't already. That means an album before the end of the year is still very likely. At least I hope so, not just because I want to hear but because it would really stupid to repeat the MDNA model.

Guest bluejean

Maybe this time she wants to enjoy the process and won't release the album until she thinks it's ready.

That's impossible. A world tour has to be booked months in advance and the album needs to fit in with that. Depending on the progress of the album I would imagine they already have a plan of roughly when it's being released.

They will definitely know whether it's 2014 or 2015. I think 2014 is very possible, it is only August.

Do artists these days usually announce the album at the release of the first single? Or how is it normally done these days?

Guest bluejean

I hope so. How unbelievably exciting.

Open the tour in Europe again please Madonna! I want to see the opening show.

I agree. No one announces their album months in advance. Apart from Gaga.

Didn't the stupid bitch announce Artflop twelve months in advance?

Things are very calm....

I don't think they will want a repeat of the MDNA model....

So I do think the timescale will be late THIS year for the album to allow time to promote...

That leave next year to tour, she tours much longer now since joining LiveNation so with tour prep/rehearsals and the actual live dates....

The tour will take up all of 2015

I'm betting on a November/December album release.