"Music" appreciation thread.

Crux

I'm listening to the "Music" album right now and the first 3 songs (In particular) are giving me LIFE.

I've always enjoyed it but something has struck a chord with me today and i'm totally in love with it again....and doesn't she look fabulous in the video?

This is her best album. EVEYRYTHING is perfect about that album, the songs, the lead single, the videos, the album artwork and photoshoot, the promo, her look/persona, the tour that followed, EVERYTHING. For those who experienced that era and were going out in clubs a lot back then like me, it was incredible, it was crazy. She was EVERYWHERE, she was the top of the cool among everyone from 5 to 90 yo, everyone were wearing cowboy hats everywhere, daytime and night time in clubs... i could go on and on about that era but really, it was something...

This is her best album. EVEYRYTHING is perfect about that album, the songs, the lead single, the videos, the album artwork and photoshoot, the promo, her look/persona, the tour that followed, EVERYTHING. For those who experienced that era and were going out in clubs a lot back then like me, it was incredible, it was crazy. She was EVERYWHERE, she was the top of the cool among everyone from 5 to 90 yo, everyone were wearing cowboy hats everywhere, daytime and night time in clubs... i could go on and on about that era but really, it was something...

Excellent post, Pressston. I remember going to nightclubs during this era and parading around with my cowboy hat. :lol: but I didn't feel weird or out of place because there was usually a sea of cowboy hats on the dancefloor.

"Music" (the single) was being played everywhere. "Impressive Instant" was played a lot too (for a non single). It was an amazing time. So much fun and energy. Loved it.

I didn't go to clubs at that time because I was six, lol, but I remember that my older cousins played Music (the single) a lot all the time, and now, when I listen to the song they still dance to it.

I love it! It's very well done, her voice sounds so pure and clear, the production is so... delicate. It's a weird way to describe the sound on the album but it's the only one that comes to my mind when I think about it.

It's quite sad that this magnificent record is overshadowed by ROLs sucess and ALs controversy/flop. The cowboy look remains as one of her more iconics tho

Love impressive instant, what it feels like for a girl, paradise, don't tell me

( both album version & above and beyond remix)

the title track was always "eh " to me. But it has since grown on me. She Especially KILLED IT at Live 8.

Just wish there were more singles from the Music album. Really wish Impressive was a single and heavily promoted/ remixed.

Crux, I love the Music album. Impressive Instant always seemed so ahead of it's time and I would have loved it as a single. I also adore the album version of What if feels like for a girl. Another unique and melodic song with a wonderful message. So many great songs on this album.

I remember hearing the album the first time. Tracks such as I Deserve It. Don't tell Me, & Gone sounded so different from her previous albums. I loved it & listened to the entire album a million times.

I never had one favorite M album, but Music is as close as it gets

I LOOOOOOOVE this album!!! It's my favorite of hers. Hands down. Everything about it is perfection and I always feel like it's so overlooked and underrated after coming off the holy Ray of Light. It's just soo cute and honest and pure and just ahhh. Love it.

Music is the most cohesive album in her discography IMO. There's a cool, breezy vibe throughout the whole CD with really smooth transitions between every track. :wow: It's actually one of the few albums IN GENERAL where I don't have to skip any tracks at all.

Presston's signature appreciation!

Oh wait, yes Music is a good album. I appreciate the up and down from techno dancey tracks to the more acoustic guitar based songs. I disagree that Orbit's tracks were not good. I actually like them especially Amazing.

The true gem of this album is WIFLFAG. It must be one of her most underrated singles.

Crux, I love the Music album. Impressive Instant always seemed so ahead of it's time and I would have loved it as a single. I also adore the album version of What if feels like for a girl. Another unique and melodic song with a wonderful message. So many great songs on this album.

isn't a wonderful track?

Amazing is one of Madonna's best album tracks. I like the album, but I wouldn't put it in the same league as ROL or Erotica. I remember when it came out, and I heard the song Music I was so excited because I thought Madonna had done a dance album. How wrong I was. I was disappointed with it initially was expecting something different and definitely something not as slow

Guest bluejean

Amazing album start to end. The song Music is amazing, one of her greatest ever.

Impressive Instant should have been a single followed by Paradise.

I know the label wanted to release Amazing and I do love that track but it was such a Beautiful Stranger retread so no, I think releasing the songs as above made more sense. And they already had a video ready to go for Paradise! Imagine that track remixed!!

This album is probably one of the few albums I can listen to without having to skip some of the tracks. While it has it's ups and downs, it has huge replay value. Even some of the tracks I consider rather weak are not as bad as making me want to skip them, because they're still interesting. This album manages to balance cohesiveness and diversity without coming of as a cluster-fuck of other artists' rejects (see MDNA).

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PRAISE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Her best album ever, her absolute masterpiece to me. This album really doesn't get enough love.

This album is probably one of the few albums I can listen to without having to skip some of the tracks. While it has it's ups and downs, it has huge replay value. Even some of the tracks I consider rather weak are not as bad as making me want to skip them, because they're still interesting. This album manages to balance cohesiveness and diversity without coming of as a cluster-fuck of other artists' rejects (see MDNA).

Exactly.

Amazing album start to end. The song Music is amazing, one of her greatest ever. Impressive Instant should have been a single followed by Paradise. I know the label wanted to release Amazing and I do love that track but it was such a Beautiful Stranger retread so no, I think releasing the songs as above made more sense. And they already had a video ready to go for Paradise! Imagine that track remixed!!

:clap::clap:

I loved that they played the WILFAG spanish version on Italian radio a lot and in August of 2001 they also added Amazing. The Music album is extraordinary from start to finish. And I don't understand the fans that say but it's no ROL. I don't need to compare everything Madonna does to a ROL or Erotica or LAP to appreciate its greatness

My personal Top 5 from the Music album goes like this:

1. Music

2. Amazing

3. WILFLAG/ Lo Que Siente La Mujer

4. Impressive Instant

5. Runaway Lover

I'd also like to add that this is the album which "spawned" the Drowned World Tour which is imo Madonna's all time best vocal delivery. And she topped and magnified and made better the already outstanding vocal renditions of the VT and the Who's That Girl Tour some 15 years prior.

The Drowned World is my favorite tour, and Music is my favorite album of hers.

I think Music is her happiest album, maybe that's why I like it the best. She had just gotten married, had Rocco, and had massive critical and commercial success with ROL. A huge comeback.

She sounds confident, like she wasn't trying to prove anything, if that makes any sense.

One of the thing I like about the album is the statement which it makes about Madonna's pop relevancy. The production seems so fresh/cool, or at least fresh to mainstream ears, that only a pop star like Madonna, even at her age back then, could pull it off.