Appreciate the song Ray of Mother Fucking Light

Guest bluejean

Guest bluejean

Okay, when this song came out I was very young but to me it was just monstrous. Her best song next to Like a Prayer. I loved it so much I thought it would definitely be a worldwide #1 smash and I still believe had it of been the 1st single it would have been (not that I don't LOVE Frozen.)

Anyway for quite afew years now I've been listening mostly to Sasha's Ultra Violet Radio Edit but today I listened to the album version and it just hit me all over again. It really is a pop masterpiece. I'm obsessed with it.

Bow the fuck down to this track!! All it's incarnations especially the ALBUM VERSION.

One of the most important, most entrancing, uplifting songs of my life.

I remember hearing it on the radio, for one of the first times on z100.

My father drove a truck when I was a kid

and he got out and I quickly raised it at the highest volume and looked through my mirrors

To see when he would be back and I just sang and danced.

I loved that feeling she gave me.

I'll never forget important moments that were random but

They were just a pure expression of escape for me and

Learning more about who I was through Madonna's music.

It's my fourth most favorite Madonna song. (LAP, V, DW being the first three.)

Everything works: the lyrics, the voice, the melody, the production. Everything.

It's exciting, thrilling, fun, lively, mystical but not obvious.

There is not a wasted second on the album version. It's perfect.

I would love a slower acoustic version someday.

I love this song so much! I have really fond memories of being 7 years old and driving around with my dad listening to this really loud!

As an 8 year old kid, I never truly understood what she meant by "and I feel like I just got home." I do recall coming back home from mall shopping with my mom one time during the late spring and just feeling the contrast of rush and relaxation when entering our house and thinking to myself, "this must be the feeling she was talking about." :chuckle:

It's a classic Madonna song, filled with so much life and energy. It's great any day of the week. Rain or shine. Snow or sleet. It's perfect. So much to listen to when driving around the city of Philadelphia.

Epic song. I remember the first time I heard it and the way it absolutely exploded into this orgasmic cosmic rush after the first few bars of the song. Was like nothing I had heard before. Love the lyrics, her vocals, the production and the uniqueness of it all. Brilliant song.

Guest Rachelle of London

I love it! One of my faves! However when I was young I never used to get it. Such a fab song!