Unpopular Madonna Opinions

MPowered

GMYAL is a better song than 4 Minutes. Is that an unpopular opinion? Probably. To me it's as clear as the day is bright.

:iloveyou:

i never liked LIKE A PRAYER.

-video

-album

-live performances

and i cant help myself

-I have never cared much for "Express Yourself". The song has a great message and the video is among her best but the song has never been one of my faves from M.

i never liked LIKE A PRAYER.

-video

-album

-live performances

yll.gif

I know these are classic pop tracks but for some reason I never been very into vogue, papa don't preach, open your heart, & dress you up.

I also love M singles much better from 90's & 00's as opposed to her eighties mega hits.

I LOVE La isla Bonita and i want it in the next tour, with live instruments, compete version.

Most unpopular opinion in this thread tbh. :sassy:

Here's my second shot:

- I have quite a dislike towards many of her singles. I feel like they are kinda overexposed, especially the ones from the 80's like Holiday and Like a Virgin.

- I actually think the LAV album is one of her worst albums along with Erotica. Angel, Over and Over and Dress YOu Up are the standouts for me and I came to love LDLHA and think it would've been a good single along with Over and Over if CFY/Gambler/ITG never happened. I do enjoy Into the Groove and the songs from Vision Quest more than most of the songs from LAV.

- I like Papa Don't Preach but I never really listen to it.

- I love La Isla Bonita, but I don't ever wanna see it on tour again.

- Till Death Do Us Part and Spanish eyes should've been singles. Cherish is a nice song, but I can see why Madonna isn't really fond of it. It has a great video but imo the songs I mentioned above could've worked as single just as weel. Dear Jessie was a shit single choice, but the song itself is LOVELY.

- Oh Father is one of the best songs of her career.

- I actually kinda dislike Erotica, the song. I like it sometimes, but I reckon it was a shit single-choice and the song itself really isn't that good.

- I despise Waiting. The spoken verses throw me off and the chorus is repetitive and boring. #JML2.0

- Bad Girl and Deeper and Deeper would've been hits if SEX never happened.

- Fever and Words are among the best songs from Erotica.

- The setlist for the Girlie show is a disappointment.

- Secret is kinda boring and generic.

- One More Chance is not THAT bad. It's still not a great song, however.

- Amazing is one of the best songs from Music and should've been released instead of WIFLFAG, because that single was bound to be a failure, anyway. Amazing was a hit waiting to happen.

- Intervention is the best song from American Life and could've been a single.

- I'm So Stupid is an amazing song and would've had a kick-ass performance if she hadn't decided to cut it from RIT. It could've worked well as a single, too imo.

- The album version of Nobody Knows Me kind of sucks.

- American Life is not a bad song and it wasn't a bad single, either. The US simply reacted very sensitive towards her imagery and the way she portrayed the American Dream.

- I want Madonna to turn brunette and never change it back, because she loks so much better with dark hair.

- Push and Isaac are among the best songs from COADF

- ILNY is another very underrated song. It's really good.

- 4 Minutes was the best way to start the HC era.

- Hard Candy is a good album, but some people are acting quite delusional over it and need to stop and move onto something else.

- Give It 2 Me is one of her all-time worst songs and the video sucks ass.

- Girl Gone Wild should've been MDNA's lead single, because it's single/hit-worthy.

- Masterpiece did not deserve to win the Golden Globe because it's not that good. Of course I love that it won, but I don't think it was deserved.

- I don't like the MDNA Tour that much, except for it's costumes and visuals.

In my opinion: 1. Despite it contains two her most iconic songs , Like a Virgin is her worst album. 2. Erotica is an album that has to be listened in a really determined mood, otherwise it becomes boring, repetitive and really long. 3. GMAYL is really a fun and fresh song and it has her best video since the uncensored version of the American Life video. 4. Regarding her appearance, she looks great with the fillers but her eyes look weird since the last couple of years.

Mad'House's version of Like a Prayer is better than the original

Ain't No Big Deal is better than anything on Hard Candy

Love Song is her second worst duet

A Certain Sacrifice had a better script than Body of Evidence

Brahim is better than Sean Penn

Ray of Light is her best video

Love Makes the World Go Round at Live Aid is one of her best performances

Paul Oakenfold is her best producer ever

Into the Hollywood Groove with Missy Elliot was a brilliant mash-up of two all time classics

Queen's English is as good as her solo stuff

The American Life flags version is better than the uncut original

Mad'House's version of Like a Prayer is better than the original

Ain't No Big Deal is better than anything on Hard Candy

Love Song is her second worst duet

A Certain Sacrifice had a better script than Body of Evidence

Brahim is better than Sean Penn

Ray of Light is her best video

Love Makes the World Go Round at Live Aid is one of her best performances

Paul Oakenfold is her best producer ever

Into the Hollywood Groove with Missy Elliot was a brilliant mash-up of two all time classics

Queen's English is as good as her solo stuff

The American Life flags version is better than the uncut original

Don't try to stir up shit, honey! :stir:

i think Madonna should take a break and disappear for no more than 3 years after her deal with Live Nation is over...like completely take a break from movies, directing, music, red carpet-all of it...relax,read chill and write poetry....and then no more than 3-4 years later, while no one is watching...BAM!

go back in the studio with pat and joe for a folksy ballad collection, followed by a 'intimate' world tour...

Like a Prayer to me is overrated. I prefer True Blue (despite JJ)

American Life wasn't so bad a lead single (as was discussed on the first page). I first heard it on the radio, I thought wow, this sucks. But then a few months later, I was at a restaurant, and It was playing really loud. All you could hear was the beat and I thought, wow, this sounds really cool without the lyrics!

Music is my favorite Madonna album

So i'm not the only one??? YES!!!!!

Here's my unpopular opinion: i think Ray of Light is overrated. Amazing album but not her best.

NOW THAT'S AN UNPOPULAR OPINION:

I wish Shep produced the whole LAP album. Just imagine that house sound on Till Death Do Us Part. I think the whole album would sound less 'dated' and a true departure from True Blue. I think it sounds WAY TOO MUCH like True Blue as it is.

Oh no!!

The LAP album simply cannot exsist without Like a Prayer!! And therefore without Patrick!

For me the album is perfection!

The ONLY thing wrong is that Supernatural wasn't included.....plenty of room for it!

It doesn't mean I want LAP to be out of it. :megamanson:

I just wish she had asked Shep to 'remix' the whole thing, in the same way she did with BS and ROL.

I see what you meen!

Personally, I love it as It stands!

I do think it's aged well....I like the fact it has the "80s" sound all over it.

I CAN'T @ people dissing LAP. Even those people who thinks pop music is 4 fags think that song is a MASTERPIECE.

The song is a masterpiece, I mean the rest of the album is a bit overrated, In my opinion.

Oh no!!

The LAP album simply cannot exsist without Like a Prayer!! And therefore without Patrick!

For me the album is perfection!

The ONLY thing wrong is that Supernatural wasn't included.....plenty of room for it!

Agree with everything!

NOW THAT'S AN UNPOPULAR OPINION:

I wish Shep produced the whole LAP album. Just imagine that house sound on Till Death Do Us Part. I think the whole album would sound less 'dated' and a true departure from True Blue. I think it sounds WAY TOO MUCH like True Blue as it is.

Have you listened to Erotica aka. her most dated-sounding album? I think LAP sounds completely different from True Blue. It's much more mature in it#s content and the production sounds less dated and more organic.

I strongly dislike the album version of Express Yourself.

+1