• 4 Minutes
    • Miles Away
    • Celebration
    • Revolver
    • Give Me All Your Luvin
    • Girl Gone Wild
    • Turn Up The Radio
    • Other

Revolver is really a throwaway single along with Celebration, which doesn't sound half as good as the version that originally leaked. I was going to vote Dear Jessie but I know better than to desecrate the pillar that is Like a Prayer.

Happy-Clap.gif

yeah, I hate the original American Life. A couple of remixes grew on me but I still don't like the original whilst I actually love GMAYL and listen to it a lot. Nothing Fails would have gone well in the UK as it was being played a lot. By the time they actually released NF, nobody cared. Big shame.

I wonder how AL would have turned out if AL hadn't made it to the album at all.

Dear Jessie is beautiful! Why are y'all hating on it? :(

Me Against Madonna is actually quite ok IMO, it took me a bit at first to get used to it, but now I enjoy it. Definitely prefer it over the collabs with M as the lead singer (4 Minutes, GMAYL etc.)

I'd say purely judging the quality of the songs, One More Chance, Revolver and Girl Gone Wild would be the worst singles. However, those releases were rather unimportant and largely went unnoticed due to lack of promotion, while American Life and GMAYL, which are better but still dire to say the least, were freaking lead singles! She had a message with AL though, so I'm gonna go for GMAYL as the worst single.

I voted for Me Against The Music, but yeah, I don't consider it a Madonna single. Revolver is pretty horrible, but I love the live performance. I really like One More Chance. I remember listening to it on repeat when I first got the album. I think it's more hated by her European fans because it was a single there. And I agree that she has to make better single choices. It's really frustrating that she has great songs, yet picks the bad ones.

One More Chance is amazing, even only for those real vocals!

Revolver is one of my fav songs!

So the worst single is a toss between MATM & GMAYL. Both suck.

I don't really consider OMC a proper single. It was a dumb idea to release that just to try and keep STR sales going.

MATM isn't a Madonna song to me. I don't think I've ever heard it in full.

I'd say AL is possibly her worst single - just a collection of noises.

I don't mind GMAYL. I thought it was lack lustre but not terrible or hard on the ears. I hoped GGW would be better but it's one of the worst things she's recorded and I think destroyed any chance the album had to get bigger.

A toss up between AL and GGW for me.

DJ and OMC were not singles in the US. No airplay whatsoever and no commercial release. Hey You was a single on iTunes here and even had a video. Thankfully it had no airplay. Pharell produced that turd. No wonder he's been overcompensating now.

Guest sambassile

Personally i consider American Life the single and the album among her best work. I remember the single being a hit where i was living at the time. Give Me All Your Luvin on the other hand is probably the worst thing she has ever recorded. She shouldn't have considered it not even as a Super Bowl one off. Very very very disappointing and embarrassing. The video is descent though and she looked hot.

Edited by sambassile

AL and GMAYL!

Both dreadful songs.....especially as leads!

She is trying to be something she isn't on both tracks.

AL Completly killed her creadability after a commercial high.....the rap is terrible, YES the video is amazing.....but in my mind it wouldn't of saved the album or the song....

But it was the FIRST (and last so far...) time she had made an amazing memorable video to a bad forgettable song!

GMAYL was cheesy, tacky and sounded like Katy Perry should of been singing it!

The fact she choose to premier it at the Bowl was horrendous.....this was her BIGGEST audience in America....forget radio, EVERYONE was watching, regardless of her age ect. And she chose to run with that? YIKES!

What if DAD was the lead single and the James Bond thing never existed? I think it would be awesome.

I thought the association with Bond was perfect for Madonna, and her cameo in it was brillient!

I doubt we would of got the kick ass video for DAD without the fact it was the theme song for the film.

Plus he hype and publicity surrounding it was all welcomed after a massive music-break between Music and American Life!

Guest sambassile

What if DAD was the lead single and the James Bond thing never existed? I think it would be awesome.

Isn't it in a way the 1st single from American Life? Yes it was a James Bond song but it only came out about 5 months prior to the album. It didn't feel like a huge gap and the whole 'violence' theme continued during the album's campaign.

Edited by sambassile

Worst single?

Pretty much ALL the singles from Hard Candy and MDNA for me, none of them had that Madonna Wow power.

Her last big single for me was Hung Up.

Worst single?

Pretty much ALL the singles from Hard Candy and MDNA for me, none of them had that Madonna Wow power.

Not just for you.

Id say stepping away from the fans, most of the world thinks Madonnas last big single was Hung Up.....considering that moment was almost a decade ago....it's time for another HUGE memorable single!

I listen to a million times just about all the singles listed, but agree singles starting with 4M have been sounding less original & unique(they are still great!).

My least favorites are Look of Love & GMAYL. At least with GMAYL, I thought the video was very good & the live performance was pretty amazing. I'm still somewhat surprised it reached the top ten in the US, but it dropped pretty fast.

Worst single?

Give it 2 me was her last truly great single although not a well known song really. That still gets spins from time to time here.