Imagery, artwork, photo-shoot... aka Madonna 2014/2015 reinvention MOTHERFUCKERS

But everybody still remembers Browndonna from the LAP video. It's an iconic look! On the other hand nobody except the hardcore fans remember that she went brown for AL because she pulled the fantastic video and wore a stupid cap in the flag video so nobody saw her hair color anyway.

Oh dear, here we are again, discussing her hair.

:laugh: M please give us some news!!

Very true but that's a whole other thread!

The fact that the general public NEVER saw the truly last amazing video she made!

pardon me but everybody remembers also GEISHA madonna....as on grammy...as on videos for TPOGB and NRM....and yes...performance of ROL was BROWN.....video for FROZEN is black.....so there are plenty of brown looks....not only AL or LAP

I think we'll get medieval Madonna with swords, armour, spears, shilelds and helmets and so on :)

Love this idea. Medieval Madonna would be great. I thought of it too because there's a restaurant that opened in my area that features food from the 15th century.

I like her blonde. It suits her. But I think she could try a different style. Maybe a little shorter or with more layers.

I know she's done it before but I also like a punk or gothic look.

I can't see her doing anything drastic with her hair, as in cutting.

But to go with the theme..., maybet a few braids ala ROL? I can see her going strawberry blonde. Just a lil hint of red would be refreshing.

Guest sambassile

Be good to see her go dark brown again..... Always though she looked incredible in the "Power of goodbye" vid.. But yeah, the hair needs sorting and quick.

Yes that was a fantastic look, she also looked stunning in the Frozen and nothing really matter videos with the long black hair. I really hope she goes for darker shades with the new era.

It is a known fact among stylists that darker hair tends to give older women an illusion of a younger appearance. The dark hair effect slim out the contours of the face and brings out the eyes, making a person look brighter and younger. Blond hair does the opposite for older people. It washes out their skin tone, makes eyes look smaller and puts on a few ounces around the face. Also, darker eyebrows vs. ligher eyebrows causes the same effect.

I think the next persona/theme will be inspired by her Purim/game of thrones look from this year. She keeps on tagging sorceress & magic for a while... I love it !

2014%20Madonna%20leaving%20Jewish%20Puripurim_501.jpgNoticia-97466-madonna-daenerys_targaryen

I LOVE thiz look

It is a known fact among stylists that darker hair tends to give older women an illusion of a younger appearance. The dark hair effect slim out the contours of the face and brings out the eyes, making a person look brighter and younger. Blond hair does the opposite for older people. It washes out their skin tone, makes eyes look smaller and puts on a few ounces around the face. Also, darker eyebrows vs. ligher eyebrows causes the same effect.

Are you a stylist? What fact sheet are you reading? That's not a known fact, nor is it accurate.

Madonna could pull off brunette again if a multi-tonal color job was done, but the average 55 year old woman usually steers clear of darker tones. I do color everyday, and at some point women of a certain age start highlighting.

I'm down for whatever (even if she doesn't change anything) but I don't think she'd invest the time and the health of her hair to go brunette for an album launch. She's always been blonde on tour, so to turn around and go back to blonde after a brief brunette period wouldn't be advisable unless she got a significant haircut as well.

If I were doing her hair for this era, I'd go a little something like this:

9CC3BED2-9A4E-4360-A929-AD08B4F5D884_zps

I know a new look is easily accomplished with wigs, and I'm not opposed to her using them for an effective quick change, but one thing I've loved about Madonna's image overhauls over the years is that (even when they're over the top) there's an organic quality to them. She was Breathless. She was Dita. She was the earth mother of ROL. She was a cowgirl. She was disco roller girl Farrah.

I would love to see her really going for something new and owning it.

She's never recycled a magazine shoot for an album era before, so I don't see her doing so now. I don't think All the luomo vogue and V mag images will be part of this era, unless it's for the tour book. At least, I hope we get something new. It depends on the music I guess.

Are you a stylist? What fact sheet are you reading? That's not a known fact, nor is it accurate.

Madonna could pull off brunette again if a multi-tonal color job was done, but the average 55 year old woman usually steers clear of darker tones. I do color everyday, and at some point women of a certain age start highlighting.

I'm down for whatever (even if she doesn't change anything) but I don't think she'd invest the time and the health of her hair to go brunette for an album launch. She's always been blonde on tour, so to turn around and go back to blonde after a brief brunette period wouldn't be advisable unless she got a significant haircut as well.

That's very Swept Away:

ariannephillips08-712839.jpg

I know a new look is easily accomplished with wigs, and I'm not opposed to her using them for an effective quick change, but one thing I've loved about Madonna's image overhauls over the years is that (even when they're over the top) there's an organic quality to them. She was Breathless. She was Dita. She was the earth mother of ROL. She was a cowgirl. She was disco roller girl Farrah.

I would love to see her really going for something new and owning it.

She's never recycled a magazine shoot for an album era before, so I don't see her doing so now. I don't think All the luomo vogue and V mag images will be part of this era, unless it's for the tour book. At least, I hope we get something new. It depends on the music I guess.

The Rolling Stone Flesh Fantasy spread of 91' did point us in the right direction for Erotica lookwise. And we did get hints at ROL from the Vanity Fair spread from 97.

We should start a campaign to get Madonna's people and Madonna herself to know all about Madryan. Then she could hire him as her personal hair-dresser.

Thanks jan ;-)

I really think if this is the "rebel heart" era, there's so many visuals that can be done with the word "rebel", although Americana immediately springs to mind.

The pic I used as the go by for her hair was more of an updated virgin era style, swept away never even crossed my mind! Lol

No I am not a stylist. My family member is. I hear this a lot, that blond hair makes older women look older. It's almost like a substitute for gray hair. I respect your opinion though so no need to argue about this.

I am no expert but have heard that dying hair black is very hard to maintain as it goes dry and like straw. Not sure if this is right, just what I have been told by a few women who once had dark hair. Madryan will know if this is true. I have noticed with aunts etc who were brunette when younger, dyed their hair blonde and red later on because they said the dark hair looked like straw and they looked like witches ! Their words, not mine. I have always loved Madonna as both a brunette and a blonde.