Why the world needs a brilliant new Madonna album

Guest sambassile

I mentioned this in a diff thread. I don't want to sound irrational or offensive but all these terrible wars in Israel, Syria, Iraq, and the recent plane crash in Europe are making me appreciate American Life even more. I can't stop listening to it and watch the uncensored video. It is still as relevant as it was back in 2003. I have a strong feeling that the new album will carry an 'American Life' tone and message.

I mentioned this in a diff thread. I don't want to sound irrational or offensive but all these terrible wars in Israel, Syria, Iraq, and the recent plane crash in Europe are making me appreciate American Life even more. I can't stop listening to it and watch the uncensored video. It is still as relevant as it was back in 2003. I have a strong feeling that the new album will carry an 'American Life' tone and message.

:thumbsup:

But American Life the album is all about her.

It's personal and draws on her emotional experiences, failures and successes.

ONLY the video carried a political message.

Artforfreedom is ALL about the message....and I think that this album will explore lyrically political themes!

Guest sambassile

But American Life the album is all about her.

It's personal and draws on her emotional experiences, failures and successes.

ONLY the video carried a political message.

Artforfreedom is ALL about the message....and I think that this album will explore lyrically political themes!

Yes true, but i meant the general political atmosphere at the time is very reminiscent of nowadays and back then Madonna was very opinionated about the war in Iraq and this was reflected in the AL's video, the album's artwork and theme, her interviews... I really hope the new album will continue with the Artforfreedom message and Madonna gets all political again.

Yes true, but i meant the general political atmosphere at the time is very reminiscent of nowadays and back then Madonna was very opinionated about the war in Iraq and this was reflected in the AL's video, the album's artwork and theme, her interviews... I really hope the new album will continue with the Artforfreedom message and Madonna gets all political again.

Couldn't agree more!

Madonna with a message bring it on!

I don't know if I want that. I just get depressed watching the news. It all seems so hopeless and terrible. I don't know if I want to hear more about that on a Madonna album. I want to either escape or listen to relationship songs.

I enjoy it when Madonna sings about empowering yourself and how her journey and lessons learned could be applied to your life. Focusing on the world problems has already been a focal point of her tours and the art for freedom campaign..

I enjoy it when Madonna sings about empowering yourself and how her journey and lessons learned could be applied to your life. Focusing on the world problems has already been a focal point of her tours and the art for freedom campaign..

I couldn't agree more. I like how her music takes her personal journey and struggles and helps you with making your own life better. I'm fine with her speaking out on world problems in instagram, interviews, even tour backdrops but I wouldn't like that to be in the lyrics of her songs.

Guest bluejean

For those hoping for another Ray of Light, Like a Prayer or Confessions you are DREAMING. Knowing the producers she's working with that's not what it's going to be. It's going to be something totally different.

Guest bluejean

What songs has she done so far focusing on "world issues."

Let's see:

Love Makes The World Go Round

Whys It So Hard (sort of)

Freedom

Swim

American Life (sort of)

Hey You (sort of)

4 Minutes :lol:

Can't think of any others. Honestly, it's few and far between. I'm not sure how it would work but Swim is an amazing example.

For those hoping for another Ray of Light, Like a Prayer or Confessions you are DREAMING. Knowing the producers she's working with that's not what it's going to be. It's going to be something totally different.

The only producer who she's working with that matters is Madonna! :sassy:

Edited by Lights Above

the only thing I want from the Like A Prayer, Ray of Light, Confessions era's is the sophistication, great lyrics and precision sound at the right time/place. I don't want another trancy trip hoppy dance album paired with dreamy ballads...nor do I want another homage to disco...I LOVE when she surprises me. I just haven't been that surprised in a while.

ahhh you're amazing. Hot and smart. I hope im not making it awkward for you, just wish we could go on a date :D

ahhh you're amazing. Hot and smart. I hope im not making it awkward for you, just wish we could go on a date :D

thank you, very sweet :kiss2:

I think it's a really good article. Well-written and spot on with many of his comments. The defense of American Life was self-indulgent and unnecessary but liked the fact he also referenced many of her colossal musical achievements.

• 3 weeks later...

I agree, I love the self empowering Madonna songs. Songs where she encourages you and lifts you up.

I think it's a really good article. Well-written and spot on with many of his comments. The defense of American Life was self-indulgent and unnecessary but liked the fact he also referenced many of her colossal musical achievements.

I agree, love Darren Hayes. Tension & the spark was a greta album and this delicate thing we've made was also brilliant. I have to say i was hugely disappointed in secret codes & battleships but whatever.

Also agree the american life references were self indulgent but the rest of the article is good. Not only does the world need a brilliant new Madonna album , but she needs it also. I think she's good deliver the good this time around

Wait a minute, people are debating whether MDNA was rushed or not?! I thought that was a fact. There's so much evidence, and not just what William Orbit said. I like the album, but it's pretty obvious that it was just made for a tour. She's never rushed into a tour like that. She was rehearsing for it before the album was released!

What songs has she done so far focusing on "world issues."

Let's see:

Love Makes The World Go Round

Whys It So Hard (sort of)

Freedom

Swim

American Life (sort of)

Hey You (sort of)

4 Minutes :lol:

Can't think of any others. Honestly, it's few and far between. I'm not sure how it would work but Swim is an amazing example.

I think Nobody Knows Me, I'm So Stupid and It's So Cool might actually be considered "world issue" songs as well, because they're strongly sociocritical.

Swim is a very underrated and amazing song imo. Would've been so much better in place of Frozen on RIT as originally planned. I'm pretty sure this album is going to be 75% fun & dance and 25% ballads & "more serious" songs.

Wait a minute, people are debating whether MDNA was rushed or not?! I thought that was a fact. There's so much evidence, and not just what William Orbit said. I like the album, but it's pretty obvious that it was just made for a tour. She's never rushed into a tour like that. She was rehearsing for it before the album was released!

I think she had to rush MDNA though because she signed with LiveNation and hadn't done anything because of WE. She's spent a lot more time making this album, and I think she's done a great job teasing up via social media.

I think she had to rush MDNA though because she signed with LiveNation and hadn't done anything because of WE. She's spent a lot more time making this album, and I think she's done a great job teasing up via social media.

Completly agree!

WE eat up 3years of a 10-year contract so an album was needed in quick succession!

That said, Madonna herself it seems has put her ideas of directing a second film on the back burner to dedicate herself back to the music!

She said a few times after the MDNA tour that she was going to make another film but she's choosen not too and instead has been piecing together the new album all year.

• 3 weeks later...