MadonnaNation.com Forums

I just discovered her song Cheap thrills.

Its such a good song, positif fresh vibes in my ears !!! Me like !

Cheap Thrills is a great summer song

I saw Finding Dory on Friday and was surprised to hear Sia singing a cover of Unforgettable at the end credits!

Yes, mostly festivals. check her website for dates.

Sia's 'Cheap Thrills' Takes No. 1 on Hot 100 From Drake

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/7446766/sia-cheap-thrills-sean-paul-no-1-hot-100

Sia scores her first leader as an artist, while Paul returns to the top after 10 years, as "Cheap Thrills" replaces Drake's "One Dance" after 10 weeks at No. 1. Still, Drake, and Desiigner, set streaming chart records.

Sia's "Cheap Thrills," featuring Sean Paul, crowns the Billboard Hot 100 (dated Aug. 6), rising 3-1 to become Sia's first Hot 100 No. 1 as an artist, while Paul earns his fourth topper and first in more than 10 years. The song unseats Drake's "One Dance," featuring WizKid and Kyla, which led the Hot 100 for 10 weeks, marking both the longest-leading No. 1 of 2016 and of Drake's career.

As we do every Monday when the Hot 100 is refreshed, let's run down the top 10. Highlights of the airplay, sales and streaming-based Hot 100 post on Billboard.com each Monday, with all charts updated each Tuesday.

"Thrills," released on Monkey Puzzle/RCA Records, and from Sia's album This Is Acting, becomes the 1,056th No. 1 in the Hot 100's history (which dates to Aug. 4, 1958). While it's Sia's first No. 1 as an artist, she previously reigned as a writer, having co-written Rihanna's "Diamonds," which led for three weeks in 2012. "Thrills," meanwhile, was intended to be recorded by Rihanna for her Anti album, but, as fortune would have it, Sia wound up recording it herself.

Paul tallies his fourth Hot 100 No. 1, following "Get Busy" (three weeks, 2003); as featured on Beyonce's "Baby Boy" (nine weeks, 2003); and his own "Temperature" (one week, April 1, 2006). Paul ends the longest break (10 years and four months) between Hot 100 leaders since Dr. Dre went 12 years, two months and three weeks between "No Diggity," by Blackstreet featuring Dr. Dre, in 1996, and "Crack a Bottle," his collab with Eminem and 50 Cent, in 2009.

Then, there's this, from reader Eric M.:

"Great news regarding Sia: if 'Cheap Thrills' goes to No. 1 on Hot 100, she'll be the first female over 40 to reach the top since Madonna and Cher back in 2000 and 1999. Madonna was 42 when 'Music' led for four weeks in 2000, and Cher was 52 when 'Believe' reigned for four in 1999."

As Sia was born Dec. 18, 1975, she's just past 40 years and seven months of age.

More Sia superlatives: "Thrills" reaches No. 1 on the Hot 100 in its 23rd week on the chart, completing the longest climb to the summit since John Legend's "All of Me" led at last in its 30th week on the chart dated May 17, 2014. As for songs by women, the rise to No. 1 on the Hot 100 for "Thrills" is record-tying: it matches the 23-week ascent of Patti Austin's "Baby, Come to Me," with James Ingram, which hit No. 1 on Feb. 19, 1983. (The record for steadiest climb to No. 1 among all acts: 33 weeks for Los Del Rio's "Macarena," which originally reached No. 45 in 1995, then, powered by its Bayside Boys Mix, re-entered the Hot 100 after a four-month break and ruled for 14 weeks beginning nearly 20 years ago, on Aug. 3, 1996.)

As "Thrills" reaches No. 1 on the Hot 100, it holds at its No. 2 high on the Digital Songs sales chart, up by 34 percent to 122,000 downloads sold in the week ending July 21, according to Nielsen Music, the song's best weekly sales (and Sia's top sales frame as a lead act); the increase is good for the Hot 100's top Digital Gainer award (aided in part by 69-cent sale-pricing in the iTunes Store). "Thrills" also keeps at its No. 3 peak on Radio Songs (142 million in airplay audience, up 7 percent), while, on Streaming Songs, it pushes 7-6, hitting a new high (13.1 million U.S. streams, up 4 percent). "Thrills" is the first song to lead the Hot 100 while not ruling any of the chart's three main component tallies (Digital Songs, Radio Songs and Streaming Songs) since Rihanna's "Work," featuring Drake (April 30).

"Thrills" additionally becomes Sia's first No. 1 on Billboard's mainstream top 40-based Pop Songs radio airplay chart (2-1). Paul earns his third Pop Songs No. 1 and first since "Temperature" in 2006, and his 10-year, two-month and three-month gap between Pop Songs No. 1s is record-breaking, passing Mariah Carey's wait of nine years, four months and two weeks between "One Sweet Day," with Boyz II Men (1995-96), and her own "We Belong Together" (2005).

"Thrills" first found global success earlier this year and built further buzz following Sia's April 17 Coachella set, when Kristen Wiig, Paul Dano, Tig Notaro and Dance Moms' Maddie Ziegler (aka, Sia's go-to stand-in for her videos and live performances) appeared either onstage or onscreen, accompanying her vocals.

RCA Records executive vp/GM Joe Riccitelli predicted the chart-topping status of "Thrills" on the Billboard Chart Beat Podcast back in May, based on the song's success in Europe and as it was rising on U.S. radio (then ranking in the 30s on Pop Songs). "I really believe that, come the end of this summer, this is going to be one of the biggest songs of the summer," he said.

(As for Sia's public persona, whereby she remains obscured by her trademark wig, Riccitelli said that "not showing her face comes from the fact that she does not want to be famous." But, "she is not shy in person. When you talk to her, she talks a mile a minute. She is so quick-witted. She is so endearing.")

Yaaaasss u deserve it Queen Si!

Amazing how the song grew organically

Amazing and well deserved, but Chandelier didn't hit #1??!?!?!?!!?!!?!?!!??!?!!?!??!!?!??!?! :ohmy:

QUEENTASTICA !

QUEEN OF POP !

wow!all the time thinking calvin harris-rihanna were going to be the ones taking the number 1 after drake, and Sia has taken before! good for her!

by the way, her song Bird set free appears on the movie the shallow (?), (one about a shark), and it sounds really good

It's one of the most deserving N°1's in a while. I've been addicted to this song since forever.

Also, extremely cool that she is in a selected group, along with Madonna and Cher, of female artists getting a number 1 after hitting forty. It gives me hope that there is a tiny chance than Madonna can still get to the top again with the right song.

Brava Sia! :clap::clap::clap: It's a huge hit here too. Love the song and I'm glad that an over 40 woman topped the chart after so many years. It makes me hope for our girl as well.

Is she the first 40+ y.o. female singer to top the chart since Madonna in 2000 with Music? I don't remember any other 40+ y.o. singer doing that since.

Congratulations Sia!

Then, there's this, from reader Eric M.:

"Great news regarding Sia: if 'Cheap Thrills' goes to No. 1 on Hot 100, she'll be the first female over 40 to reach the top since Madonna and Cher back in 2000 and 1999. Madonna was 42 when 'Music' led for four weeks in 2000, and Cher was 52 when 'Believe' reigned for four in 1999."

As Sia was born Dec. 18, 1975, she's just past 40 years and seven months of age.

that is awesome!

Mimi must be breaking trucks of dishes right now :chuckle:

So happy for sia. Cheap thrills is a great song

Well deserved!

2 items of point:

all you whining yankee doodle dingbats going on and on about American radio not playing women in their 40's??? It's not Madonnas age thats effecting her chart success, but her useless team who don't know how to promote her! For her next album release Madonna needs to give Sia and Beyonce teams a call and learn a thing or two...

Rihanna is an idiot for bypassing Cheap Thrills.

So happy for Sia!

She deserved #1 in the USA with "Breathe Me", "Titanium", "Chandelier", "Elastic Heart", and "I'm Alive" (based on the quality).

Glad she finally got it.

And Adele would have smashed with "Alive" as her second single. Adele is an idiot too.

both Adele and rihanna have had hits with their respective songs, but, on the other hand I must say that CT it´s different to the music of Anti, and it will be a little bit put of place. Same with Alive, although this is more similar to adele´s 25

so so happy - I have loved this song since first listen and love Sia to bits - well done hunny!!!

Guest bluejean

Well deserved!

2 items of point:

all you whining yankee doodle dingbats going on and on about American radio not playing women in their 40's??? It's not Madonnas age thats effecting her chart success, but her useless team who don't know how to promote her! For her next album release Madonna needs to give Sia and Beyonce teams a call and learn a thing or two...

Madonna was well and truly still in the charts and on the radio at 40 though.

So happy for Sia, Cheap Thriills it's such a good song! Also it gives me hope Madonna can still hit #1

so so happy - I have loved this song since first listen and love Sia to bits - well done hunny!!!

It was my favorite off her new album, but I never believed it would become a number one hit!

If you are a woman over 40 and your schtick is to cover your face, they will play you! YAS nothing ageist about that at all.

If you are a woman over 40 and your schtick is to cover your face, they will play you! YAS nothing ageist about that at all.

:laugh:

tumblr_inline_o1om65jMWi1qk485c_500.gif