New album update: Madonna posts lyrics from new song, "Messiah"

Waking up to read that diplo article made my week. soooo fucking excited! How much longer are you going to make me wait, M? :dramatic:

Guest Rachelle of London

And why keep going at it? Let's stop derailing the thread. Please.

How the hell am I going back to it. I left this thread SEVEN hours ago and Cosmic person is STILL chatting shit. I LOVED the news that she was working with Diplo. I started a petition during MDNA for her to work with Diplo. Why are these idiots making out like I've killed the man.

I'm sorry jeez

He's giving an interview. He's being flippant for fuck's sake. It's clearly a bit of a pisstake really.

And did any of you "Diplo-bashers" (ugh) actually consider that maybe, just maybe, Madonna actually found that refreshing about him? That's what she's drawn to: fresh young talent and people who are not intimidated by her or her success. And maybe that bravado he has actually reminds her of her earlier days. That's probably exactly why she's enjoyed working with him so much - because he pushed her buttons artistically and perhaps wasn't intimated by the "MADONNA" baggage in the studio. And hopefully that will translate in the songs. We all know what happens when Madonna (or any big artist) is surrounded by sycophants and ego-massagers.

So for now just take a step back and wait until the music is released. If the songs are shit, feel free to piss and shit all over Diplo. But if the music's great, please don't come back biting your words and praising him because you'll just look 10000 times even more stupid than you do now.

Exactly.

It reminds me of early 80s Madonna on a panel with Empty Halls & Stale Oats and some other huge act at the time and they were discussing music videos, Madonna stood her ground and gave her opinion that it was a valid complementary artform while the others pissed and moaned it detracted from musicianship. She didn't defer to them simply because they had been in the game longer with a track record of success.

I see the same independent, assertive attitude with Diplo.

The worst thing would be Madonna having someone scared to challenge and test her in the studio. We get the sense Pharrell did just that (by pushing M to the point of crying) and most people claim his work on Hard Candy to be superior.

How the hell am I going back to it. I left this thread SEVEN hours ago and Cosmic person is STILL chatting shit. I LOVED the news that she was working with Diplo. I started a petition during MDNA for her to work with Diplo. Why are these idiots making out like I've killed the man.

I'm sorry jeez

Chelle I love you, and I'm not trying to start an argument or anything. But it's best you just follow your own advice:

Just ignore. We weren't all adults I n the 90s. Some of us weren't even born yet.

It's not worth it having to keep comment and address what others are saying. Just ignore, and I'm sure they'll ignore it too. It goes for everyone else. I use to be like that too, but it's just not worth it anymore. Who cares what others think, it's just a bloody message board. Let's not get this thread locked.

Guest Rachelle of London

Chelle I love you, and I'm not trying to start an argument or anything. But it's best you just follow your own advice:

It's not worth it having to keep comment and address what others are saying. Just ignore, and I'm sure they'll ignore it too. It goes for everyone else. I use to be like that too, but it's just not worth it anymore. Who cares what others think, it's just a bloody message board. Let's not get this thread locked.

I agree it's just not fair to have members saying I've had a breakdown or I must suffer from brain damage just because I've said something they disagree with.

Over it.

Exactly.

It reminds me of early 80s Madonna on a panel with Empty Halls & Stale Oats and some other huge act at the time and they were discussing music videos, Madonna stood her ground and gave her opinion that it was a valid complementary artform while the others pissed and moaned it detracted from musicianship. She didn't defer to them simply because they had been in the game longer with a track record of success.

I see the same independent, assertive attitude with Diplo.

The worst thing would be Madonna having someone scared to challenge and test her in the studio. We get the sense Pharrell did just that (by pushing M to the point of crying) and most people claim his work on Hard Candy to be superior.

This.

I was gonna quote some posts, but forget it. This thread=pathetica

I just want new M music. And I'm glad she's working with new people. Everything I've heard about this album seems to be pointing in the right direction of iconica.

It's gonna be brilliant y'all.

I'm gonna go shower now.

Yaaaaaaaaas whoop. Tell em. This album is gonna be fantastic and if anybody doesn't wanna believe that, then have fun with your sad life. :cool:

So if someone says anything negative about a producer that automatically means they think the album's gonna be shit?

18t8wsxkz667fgif.gif

Guest Rachelle of London

So if someone says anything negative about a producer that automatically means they think the album's gonna be shit?

18t8wsxkz667fgif.gif

Love that gif!

I think its so interesting that people are worried. Ive never been worried about a new Madonna album. excited yes, worried no...ive disappointed in certain albums way after the fact but ive seriously enjoyed and have been fully entertained by all her albums when they come out. most you guys can probably understand what I am saying.

Guest ditaluver

Omg at all the passive aggressive teenage bull shit up in here

fucking christ! Shut the fuck up

I trust M 100% I'm gonna love the music.I don't give a fuck who helps her create

Guest Rachelle of London

Is M in LA recording? I wonder if she's meeting with people. It is rather exciting that she's over on the West Coast.

People are to quick to judge and speculate. We should be grateful that we are getting info and pics of the recording sessions. ...not to long ago we wouldn't have had this much info or insight to her recording process....it amazes me that people are dragging producers and potential songs without even hearing them...have patience and enjoy the ride!

18t8wsxkz667fgif.gif

You can always leave.

In fact, please do.

"Diplo spoke about the creation of one song in particular, which came about on their final night in the studio together: "The last night we were just having fun, and she was like, 'Yo, give me some of the craziest shit you’ve got right now,' and we literally wrote a song that night on the craziest record I had. And it worked. All of the best songs happen on a whim."

Oh, just like Music, that was recorded on a whim, the last day!

And on a whim, like Into The Grove. Or Gang Bang!

Am just looking forward to the New Madonna album. The woman is 56 years old and she's working with exciting new people like Diplo / Avicii / MoZella , S1 etc.

What is there not to look forward to ?

Am just looking forward to the New Madonna album. The woman is 56 years old and she's working with exciting new people like Diplo / Avicii / MoZella , S1 etc.

What is there not to look forward to ?

You sir win this thread! :yes: Totally agree!

So Disclosure confirmed AGAIN in a new interview that they did NOT work with Madonna on any MUSIC.

http://www.dazeddigital.com/music/article/20650/1/disclosure-gain-momentum

Not sure I like their "hmm" reaction when the interviewer says that it's a shame that they are not working with her. Maybe I'm reading too much into it though. :laugh:

I would have loved to see them working on one or two tracks together but it's probably for the best because, let's face it, when Madonna did this 90s house thing, they weren't even born. Why should she go back to that sound when there's so much more to explore.

So Disclosure confirmed AGAIN in a new interview that they did NOT work with Madonna on any MUSIC.

http://www.dazeddigital.com/music/article/20650/1/disclosure-gain-momentum

Not sure I like their "hmm" reaction when the interviewer says that it's a shame that they are not working with her. Maybe I'm reading too much into it though. :laugh:

I would have loved to see them working on one or two tracks together but it's probably for the best because, let's face it, when Madonna did this 90s house thing, they weren't even born. Why should she go back to that sound when there's so much more to explore.

Well that's a big letdown for me, but I assumed it anyway… I still hope they are going to remix her new single.

That interview suggests to me that something will happen in the future. Me thinks it will be for their own album.

Quotes from that interview:

It was the first time we'd met her. But no, we haven't made any music together as of yet."

It's a shame you're not working with her though isn't it?

Guy Lawrence: Hmm!

You sir win this thread! :yes: Totally agree!

Isn't it exciting time. I have been a Madonna fan for 20 + years and am super excited . I'm not saying we can't complain / moan / bitch about her choices but we have heard absolutely nothing regarding the music.

I think she will surprise us all with this one !

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/diplo-madonna-asked-for-craziest-record-i-had-for-new-album-20140703

Diplo: Madonna Asked for 'Craziest Record I Had' for New Album Producer teases new songs set to appear on superstar's upcoming LP
{C}{C}
{C}
{C}
{C}{C}
{C}
diplo-600-1404396996.jpg
{C}
Diplo performs in Chicago, Illinois.
Daniel Boczarski/Getty Images
July 3, 2014 10:25 AM ET

Madonna has been at work in the studio compiling the follow-up to her 2012 effort, MDNA, and one of the album's producers, Diplo, teased his process with the singer in a new interview with Idolator.

How Madonna Became Madonna: An Oral History

"We've written about seven songs now, and hopefully maybe four or five will make it to the album," the super-producer/DJ said. "I've done about three weeks with her, and we’re gonna do some more projects at the end of July. She’s just really cool. I think as far as artists reinventing themselves, she did it before anybody else. She kind of began that trend of actually coming back with a whole new look and style and sound and winning it and hitting the top of the charts. Those records are gonna be crazy-sounding. We really pushed the envelope with some of the stuff we were doing."

While Diplo noted he typically needs around a week to know if there's chemistry with an artist, it was there immediately with Madonna. "he was up for anything," he said. "I love when an artist gives a producer the confidence he needs to work with them, and Madonna was very open-minded to my ideas… she was down from day one."

Diplo spoke about the creation of one song in particular, which came about on their final night in the studio together: "The last night we were just having fun, and she was like, 'Yo, give me some of the craziest shit you’ve got right now,' and we literally wrote a song that night on the craziest record I had. And it worked. All of the best songs happen on a whim."

Proving his point, Diplo ticked off a few of his hits with similar spontaneous origins, including Alex Clare's "Too Close," Usher's "Climax" — which was made, per Diplo, "in literally like ten minutes" — and M.I.A.'s "Paper Planes," which came together on a roof in the Caribbean.

Madonna has been intermittently teasing her upcoming record via Instagram. Earlier this week, the singer posted a photo of the sheet music for one track, "Messiah," as well as a video of an orchestra playing a section of the cut. The singer had previously posted in-studio photos with Avicii and British singer/producer Natalia Kills.

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/diplo-madonna-asked-for-craziest-record-i-had-for-new-album-20140703#ixzz36QkRreA9

Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook

He's lovely and I am so excited about this project :clap:

Guest Rachelle of London

I hope I don't offend anyone here but I'm gutted that it's looking like Disclosure aren't gonna be on this record. Love them

Isn't it exciting time. I have been a Madonna fan for 20 + years and am super excited . I'm not saying we can't complain / moan / bitch about her choices but we have heard absolutely nothing regarding the music.

I think she will surprise us all with this one !

I love reading posts like this :clap: