New album update: Madonna posts lyrics from new song, "Messiah"

Guest Rachelle of London

Honestly, it wasn't funny the first 5039229 times. Give it up already.

Yes Suedey. It's not like YOU would never repeat a joke.

What in the actual?

When have I EVER said Im not looking forward to the music? I've been a "fan"of Diplo for years. I've even seen him play twice. I won't be back pedalling at all when the musics released.

This is so ridiculous.

I do apologise for saying he has a big ego and stating that he's dissed M in the past. :lmao:

You're not getting it. And this is not about you personally, although your jokes about "DiploNation" and insinuations about people here only looking forward to her work with Diplo because they are horny gays or whatever is way out of line. Patronising, unfunny and quite insulting.

And it's not just about Diplo, and it's not directed personally at you necessarily, so calm down.

Three months ago, it was Avicii. Moan, moan, whinge whinge, blah blah... and no one has actually heard a single note of anything yet! (Unless "Messiah" is a new composition from the new album which is actually bloody good).

I'm not saying everyone should just bow at the church of Diplo or Avicii or Natalia Kills or whomever. But the tone the discussions have taken over the past few months is increasingly ridiculous.

Its nice when you don't know shit about producers because then you don't get bothered being worked up about who Madonna is working with.

I only know one Avicci song and until Madonna never heard of Diplo in my life, so in this case ignorance is bliss.

Just give me some new fucking music already.

same here Skin. i am not very familiar with Diplo's or Avicci's music and i cannot wait to listen to what they have created with Madge :wow:

Its nice when you don't know shit about producers because then you don't get bothered being worked up about who Madonna is working with.

I only know one Avicci song and until Madonna never heard of Diplo in my life, so in this case ignorance is bliss.

Just give me some new fucking music already.

Can I get an AMEN up in HERE! :wow::clap:

He's giving an interview. He's being flippant for fuck's sake. It's clearly a bit of a pisstake really.

And did any of you "Diplo-bashers" (ugh) actually consider that maybe, just maybe, Madonna actually found that refreshing about him? That's what she's drawn to: fresh young talent and people who are not intimidated by her or her success. And maybe that bravado he has actually reminds her of her earlier days. That's probably exactly why she's enjoyed working with him so much - because he pushed her buttons artistically and perhaps wasn't intimated by the "MADONNA" baggage in the studio. And hopefully that will translate in the songs. We all know what happens when Madonna (or any big artist) is surrounded by sycophants and ego-massagers.

So for now just take a step back and wait until the music is released. If the songs are shit, feel free to piss and shit all over Diplo. But if the music's great, please don't come back biting your words and praising him because you'll just look 10000 times even more stupid than you do now.

YES. madonna often praises other artists who openly disrespect her. she doesnt really care. remember goldfrapp? same with diplo.. she even said some jokes to deadmau5. i love that about her. i wish I could be like that as well actually. it's such a positive aspect to have: to just not be so sensitive to people's opinions and not change your opinion of them after hearing what they said about you. in fact, maybe it motivates her to meet them. she loves a challenge!

Guest Rachelle of London

About 18 months ago I started a Twitter petition to get M to work with Diplo :lmao:

I'm psychic

I understand him, i mean she knew that M is a legend is just that he didn't knew the facts, i'm pretty sure that he readed her wiki page.

Now he knows that that she's the biggest female singer, 300M records sold, her tour power and that was when he knew that she was so big.

Can't wait for more info, at least he is talking about the album.

Out of the 2, I'm far more excited about Avicci than Diplo.

Yes he's more "commercial" but from what I've heard by Diplo.....it's not as rythemic or anthems for my personal taste....THAT said he is experimental, and that's what madonna NEEDS, Redently she's lost that "edge".

He has never ever insulted Madonna.

He said he didn't like GMAYL.....like MOST of her even loyalist fans, thank fuck she's working with someone who doesn't like that song is all I have to say!!

The fact he's confirmed 7 songs is exciting!

But her "actual" studio time hasn't been as vast as we first thought?

That said I still think the album is set for a release this fall....with polished songs already being chosen.

Wasn't that troll Angela Cheng the first one to claim M's next musical project was a soundtrack for an upcoming movie?

Well this is what she just wrote on Twitter:

Looking forward to seeing #TheGiver. The soundtranck should be, um, quite interesting.

I double checked and the movie is produced by The Westein Company, to be released on August, 15th

Guest bluejean

Obviously he knew she was one of the biggest sellers of all time and was just checking the actual figures out of curiosity.

Like can we all state how many records Elvis or Michael Jackson has sold. I wouldn't know off the top of my head. Sometimes I google info like that too.

It's quite possible the guy didn't know a lot about her. Everyone knows her biggest songs and bits and pieces but the average person does not know the ins and outs. Why would they? He's a producer not a music journalist. He's not obligated to know the history of pop music back to front.

did anyone else have chills running down their spine when Diplo said "those records are gonna be crazy-sounding. We really pushed the envelope with some of the stuff we were doing"??

:dramatic: :dramatic: :dramatic: :dramatic: :dramatic: :dramatic: :dramatic: :dramatic: :dramatic: :dramatic:

Yes Suedey. It's not like YOU would never repeat a joke.

I don't get those track listing things he's always posting. Must be 100s of them throughout threads. I just skip over them.

I wonder if Madonna was in the room when he googled her...Madonna: "actually its more but we don't know exact #s pre soundscan"

but anyways I don't care if he googled her or not, I google her all the time! what is interesting is that only 4-5 tracks will hopefully make the album, the remaining 6-8 are from avicci?

did anyone else have chills running down their spine when Diplo said "those records are gonna be crazy-sounding. We really pushed the envelope with some of the stuff we were doing"??

:dramatic: :dramatic: :dramatic: :dramatic: :dramatic: :dramatic: :dramatic: :dramatic: :dramatic: :dramatic:

Not really. Timbaland said the same thing. Every collaborator says that shit.

That is true!

I remember months before MDNA started....pre-WE, madonna put out a message on her Facebook declaring she wanted to work with the "coolest maddest craziest" people.....

Not to put on a downer on it, that said the stuff Diplo and Avicci have both done exciting things....there spot on the money at the moment just like Timerland and Timberlake were BUT it's in the genre I think Madonna best suits, anthem dance.....especially Avicci, madonnas vocal on his tunes woukd certainly set dancefloors on fire!

Timbaland never said they were pushing the envelope!

He was only gushing over working with Madonna saying she's some funky lady and they were listening to her early records and he mentioned something about Latte as he thought it was a sick song.. which didn't even make it in the final version of the album or even in the deluxe edition.

Also, Timbaland was so big back then he didn't feel the need to pump up the album that much because he was pretty much producing anybody...Pharrell didnt' say much about the album either. Nor Pharrel or Timbaland/Timberlake said they were going to push the envelope and that's because they knew that what they were doing was just giving Madonna their already tried out sound. Reason why Across The Sky didn't make it in the album was because it did sound exactly like that Nelly Furtado song... Please, let's not compare Hard Candy to this new project.. Madonna will be back with a bang this time.. you waaaaatch bitches!!

Edited by MeakMaker

If it's not successful then Madonna will quickly become a Greatest Hits act. This is pretty much make or break for her. I hate to say that being an enormous fan but I think it's true.

She's already a GH act to non-fans and the general public, and she's still selling millions. If the GP warm even a little to a new song or album, she'll be instantly relevant again, because she's Madonna.

Edited by xxianyxx

GMAYL is a shit song, especially by Madonna terms!!!

Don't hold THAT against him!

You don't think William Orbit, Patrick Lenoard and Shep all think EXACTLY the same about it?

I hope she sticks to just 2 producers for the album Diplo and (Avicci?)...

She can have as many musicians and songwriters as she wants but the less producers the more cohesive this album will sound for me.

I hope Diplo is the Executive Producer and tweaks the Avicci track a bit too.

I agree with just the 2 producers!

There's been a lot of great songwriters on board in the sessions which is what was lacking with MDNA.....not all producers are great with lyrics, she did the right thing getting a creative "team" together!

So Diplo an Madonna are getting together again later this month.....she does seen to be working with him a lot more than Avicci.....is Avicci busy on tour or something??

Sounds like a lot of songs are in the big already....

I do think it's kind of ridiculous that Diplo didn't know more about the person he was scheduled to work with but at the same time Madonna called him a slave driver. So, I'm not going to comment on his work ethic.

However, I don't think there's an issue with him saying he would give the collaboration a week to see how things went.

That's just being an upfront and honest person. If the chemistry isn't there, then it just simple isn't there.

The one thing I like and respect about him is that he speaks his mind.

Edited by Arnian

Guest Rachelle of London

Please guys, too much praise for Diplo in this last page! chellehighness is having a nervous breakdown! I mean, Diplo had the nerve to INSULT HER SONG! And what about the google thing? He's EVIL!!

:dead:

And you are?

Where do all these dried up members come from anyway!

I was gonna quote some posts, but forget it. This thread=pathetica

I just want new M music. And I'm glad she's working with new people. Everything I've heard about this album seems to be pointing in the right direction of iconica.

It's gonna be brilliant y'all.

I'm gonna go shower now.

Guest Rachelle of London

Where on Gods planet have I ever praised the shiftest that was GMAYL?

Where on Gods planet have I ever dissed Diplo?I'm a fuckin fan of his. I've even been to see him :lmao:

All these men that have crushes on him need to get a LIFE all I said was that he had a big ego. End of! Move on with your lives! I'm sorry I said that. I really am. You can commence wanking after him.