New album update: Madonna posts lyrics from new song, "Messiah"

Well I would suggest you google him, the mans been very disrespectful in the past about M, even going out if his way to throw insults to his ex ('MIA) for working with Madonna and selling out.

I'm not one of those fans that look at things too much. I've just known that he insults practically everyone he's worked with. I've been aware of Diplo for many years, his ego is bigger than his musical output tbh

And no one needs to google Madonna. He was aware of her when he was insulting her at every chance.

I totally agree, Diplo just doesn't have the body of work to back an oversized ego. And he has been around for quite some time. The phrase "I googled Madonna" from a 35 year old is preposterous. Of course that doesn't mean that the music will not be good, but I also expect to hear the goods from Avicii.

F-- this diplo character, I googled Madonna, turns out she sold 300 million records. None of these guys seem like professionals nowadays (and they aren't). Just trendy fly-by-nights, if that.

Does baby have to google Elvis too?

edit: lol and don't come back at me saying not everyone's a Madonna fan. Duh. But he's in the music business. It's his job, he should know a little about it outside of the fact he gets a paycheck. Amateurs.

Some of the stupid things people are saying here make me actually not want to post in this forum.

My goodness there are some ridiculous people on the internet.

I believe he googled her to know about trivia facts, like how much she sold around the world, her breaking records, her chart history, etc.

I mean, i have never been a fan of MJ, i only know that thriller sold loads, but how much and about his other albums, i have no idea.

And...Messiah seems to be an amazing song. Can't wait!

Edited by Humby

The Diplo hate here is ridiculous.

It just makes no sense.

For fuck's sake the woman is actually WORKING with him! It's like they've got brain damage or something.

I betcha Patrick Leonard knew who The Beatles were and they were not from his generation, and Patrick Leonard didn't have google at his fingertips back in the day where he could've taken 2 seconds to google them and learn a few things b4 entering the studio yet he still knew who they were. Hell, he probably knew about Buddy Holly too!

And yes, how much they sold too. He's in the studio w/ her, YES. Know a thing or two, it's not hate it's WTF?

Guest Rachelle of London

Major eye roll. Let's all go back to posting

"I can't wait for the new album, it's gonna be amazing" x262737383838

Guest Rachelle of London

I betcha Patrick Leonard knew who The Beatles were and they were not from his generation, and Patrick Leonard didn't have google at his fingertips back in the day where he could've taken 2 seconds to google them b4 entering the studio yet he still knew who they were. Hell, he probably knew about Buddy Holly too!

Don't bother, clearly poor little Diplo had no clue about who Madonna is. If it wasn't for Google he probably of never heard of her. Don't upset the Diplo bodyguards now :lmao:

It just makes no sense.

For fuck's sake the woman is actually WORKING with him! It's like they've got brain damage or something.

I know. I'm with you, it's very hard to post in this forum lately. God, even the pre-Hard Candy times were better!

It just makes no sense.

they're just too GRITTY and RAWâ„¢!

Don't bother, clearly poor little Diplo had no clue about who Madonna is. If it wasn't for Google he probably of never heard of her. Don't upset the Diplo bodyguards now :lmao:

I'm sorry chellehighness, we know you despise Diplo. WE GET IT. Every single time he's mentioned you say the same thing, you're like a broken record. YES, he trashed GAYL (like most of her fans). SO WHAT?

Really, take a break from the Diplo hate. He's a confirmed producer on her album. Madonna is ok with him. Deal with it.

He's giving an interview. He's being flippant for fuck's sake. It's clearly a bit of a pisstake really.

And did any of you "Diplo-bashers" (ugh) actually consider that maybe, just maybe, Madonna actually found that refreshing about him? That's what she's drawn to: fresh young talent and people who are not intimidated by her or her success. And maybe that bravado he has actually reminds her of her earlier days. That's probably exactly why she's enjoyed working with him so much - because he pushed her buttons artistically and perhaps wasn't intimated by the "MADONNA" baggage in the studio. And hopefully that will translate in the songs. We all know what happens when Madonna (or any big artist) is surrounded by sycophants and ego-massagers.

So for now just take a step back and wait until the music is released. If the songs are shit, feel free to piss and shit all over Diplo. But if the music's great, please don't come back biting your words and praising him because you'll just look 10000 times even more stupid than you do now.

Guest Rachelle of London

I'm sorry chellehighness, we know you despise Diplo. WE GET IT. Every single time he's mentioned you say the same thing, you're like a broken record. YES, he trashed GAYL (like most of her fans). SO WHAT?

Really, take a break from the Diplo hate. He's a confirmed producer on her album. Madonna is ok with him. Deal with it.

:dead:

I've mentioned him ONCE before when I agreed with Kim. I don't despise the man at all. He's produced some of my favourite tracks for some of my fave artists including Beyoncé. When it was announced she was working with him I was one of few people on here that didn't go into a meltdown and was looking forward to it.

So I said he has a big ego, is that a bloody crime?

Jeez. I didn't know we all had to agree on here. When did I sign up to sheep nation? Bloody ridiculous

He's giving an interview. He's being flippant for fuck's sake. It's clearly a bit of a pisstake really.

And did any of you idiots actually consider that maybe, just maybe, Madonna actually found that refreshing about him? That's what she's drawn to: fresh young talent and people who are not intimidated by her or her success. That's probably exactly why she's enjoyed working with him so much - because he pushed her buttons artistically and perhaps wasn't intimated by the "MADONNA" baggage in the studio. And hopefully that will translate in the songs. We all know what happens when Madonna (or any big artist) is surrounded by sycophants and ego-massagers.

So for now just take a step back and wait until the music is released. If the songs are shit, feel free to piss and shit all over Diplo. But if the music's great, please don't come back biting your words and praising him because you'll just look 10000 times even more stupid than you do now.

06_wink-pg-horizontal.jpg

1,000 pardons. I wasn't aware this neck of the woods had become DiploNation. I'm going out for a cappuccino.

1,000 pardons. I wasn't aware this neck of the woods had become DiploNation. I'm going out for a cappuccino.

Please do. And take your time while you're out there.

Oh, and your 1,000 apologies accepted.

Guest Rachelle of London

And did any of you idiots actually consider that maybe, just maybe, Madonna actually found that refreshing about him? That's what she's drawn to: fresh young talent and people who are not intimidated by her or her success. That's probably exactly why she's enjoyed working with him so much - because he pushed her buttons artistically and perhaps wasn't intimated by the "MADONNA" baggage in the studio. And hopefully that will translate in the songs. We all know what happens when Madonna (or any big artist) is surrounded by sycophants and ego-massagers.

What in the actual?

When have I EVER said Im not looking forward to the music? I've been a "fan"of Diplo for years. I've even seen him play twice. I won't be back pedalling at all when the musics released.

This is so ridiculous.

I do apologise for saying he has a big ego and stating that he's dissed M in the past. :lmao:

Guest Rachelle of London

lol @ it's hard to post in this forum lately. Type what you want to say and press enter.

:dead:

The only way to be approved on Diplo nation is request pics of penises.

Its nice when you don't know shit about producers because then you don't get bothered being worked up about who Madonna is working with.

I only know one Avicci song and until Madonna never heard of Diplo in my life, so in this case ignorance is bliss.

Just give me some new fucking music already.

i just read the interview and the guy didnt say anything wrong :p. he obviously meant that he did some extra research on her. obviously he knows who she is but he probably just wasnt that into her music or isnt that into that kind of pop world in general. if i'd be a producer and bono would ask me to work with him i'd have to google him and u2 as well. doesnt mean i dont know U2. its just not my world. not my interest. i dont think he really had an opinion about her before working with her. he hears a song (like GMAYL), doesnt like it, and reacts on twitter like they all do. that's it. he probably doesnt even remember what he said anymore. but i dont think you have to take everything he says so literally. i know he is known to talk shit about other artists but again.. it's not hate. it's not that serious. he compliments her now after working with her and is really posotive about her so the time they spent together must have been good. he also talked about projects in july.. maybe the song will come in july? or they're working together again in july.. not sure.