New album update: Madonna posts lyrics from new song, "Messiah"

:wow:

you all need to stop nitpicking, how would he know what she was gonna be like in the studio? not everyone gets along and/or can work with each other

Yes, I don't see anything wrong with his comment. Some people are so sensitive. It's very possible to love someone's music and think they're talented but then when you meet them your personalities clash and you don't have any type of personal chemistry to write together. How are you going to know how someone is like until you spend time with them? You need time to get to know each other and your methods of working together.

Maybe she asked him to curate something for Art for Freedom. The word "projects" clearly indicates it's not the album. There a million things they could have talked about doing. Madonna is constantly working on multiple things at once.

it's nice to read a detailed description from Diplo (I mean at least SOME info on the album) but I'm not sure I like the fact that Madonna was open to ANY of his ideas. He isn't really a genius or as versatile as many other producers. I think he is cool and has created a lot of good beats but I hope Madonna actually told him the direction she wants to go and took the lead. I'm pretty sure she wasn't as 'passive' as he describes her but it still worries me a tiny little bit.

As for other projects at the end of July, I don't think it's album related or he would have worded it differently, like "we will meet again in a month to finish the tracks". Why would he say 'other projects'. Could be anything really, maybe a single for Rocco. lol

I don't see anything wrong with this comment either. I love that about Madonna that she is interested in what other people bring to the table and is open to their ideas. Why would you chose to work with someone unless you are going to be interested in and like what they do? That she is interested in other people's ideas brings out the best in them, better than if she just gives them orders. If you just want to give orders and not listen to other people's ideas, you might as well not work with anyone and produce your own stuff like Prince or someone. He didn't say she didn't have input as well.

Yes, I don't see anything wrong with his comment. Some people are so sensitive. It's very possible to love someone's music and think they're talented but then when you meet them your personalities clash and you don't have any type of personal chemistry to write together. How are you going to know how someone is like until you spend time with them? You need time to get to know each other and your methods of working together.

Please Glinda! The people he's produced for doesn't lead me to believe he takes time to think about much more than the size of the paycheck: Chris Brown, Kelly Rowland, Justin Bieber, Tamar Braxton, Britney.

Please Glinda! The people he's produced for doesn't lead me to believe he takes time to think about much more than the size of the paycheck: Chris Brown, Kelly Rowland, Justin Bieber, Tamar Braxton, Britney.

It just seemed to me like a pretty normal comment that producers say about artists all the time. I don't think he meant any disrespect to Madonna at all. I think some people for whatever reason don't like Diplo and are reading something negative into a comment when none was intended.

His comments about creating some crazy sounding songs is really exciting.

The one thing MDNA didn't have much was experimentation or big risks.

Happy to know that she's thinking outside the box on this new record.

I'm ok with the album not being done, I want her to spend as much time as she can to make sure the music is right this time.

Guest Rachelle of London

I agree with you and whatatramp completely but Diplo comes across as very bitter. He despised Madonna beforehand and now started working with her he had to google her to find more info. He just comes across as such a bitch. If this project isn't successful watch how he's gonna be slating her in the press.

I agree with you and whatatramp completely but Diplo comes across as very bitter. He despised Madonna beforehand and now started working with her he had to google her to find more info. He just comes across as such a bitch. If this project isn't successful watch how he's gonna be slating her in the press.

If it's not successful then Madonna will quickly become a Greatest Hits act. This is pretty much make or break for her. I hate to say that being an enormous fan but I think it's true.

Edited by Arnian

I wasn't even aware that he said bad things about her in the past. What did he say? I wasn't aware what he said about her and I saw nothing wrong with the interview or him being bitchy. Perhaps you're reading things into what he says because you have in your mind the things he said about her in the press and that's coloring your interpretation of what he said. I don't see anything wrong with googling someone you are working with. You have to realize not everyone follows Madonna as closely as we all do on this forum.

If it's not successful then Madonna will quickly become a Greatest Hits act. This is pretty much make or break for her. I hate to say that being an enormous fan but I think it's true.

Don't you think that's a little overdramatic! People will always be interested in the next thing from Madonna because she's an exciting lady, even if they don't like the current album or it's not a gigantic hit. With Madonna's level of money and success, she will always be able to make new albums if she wants to. It's not like she's some no name who's going to get dropped from a label and then can't afford to make another album.

Guest Rachelle of London

I wasn't even aware that he said bad things about her in the past. What did he say? I wasn't aware what he said about her and I saw nothing wrong with the interview or him being bitchy. Perhaps you're reading things into what he says because you have in your mind the things he said about her in the press and that's coloring your interpretation of what he said. I don't see anything wrong with googling someone you are working with. You have to realize not everyone follows Madonna as closely as we all do on this forum.

Well I would suggest you google him, the mans been very disrespectful in the past about M, even going out if his way to throw insults to his ex ('MIA) for working with Madonna and selling out.

I'm not one of those fans that look at things too much. I've just known that he insults practically everyone he's worked with. I've been aware of Diplo for many years, his ego is bigger than his musical output tbh

And no one needs to google Madonna. He was aware of her when he was insulting her at every chance.

Guest Rachelle of London

How the hell can it be make it or break it for her. Madonna is an established artist. The biggest selling female artist of all time. She's already made it. She could release an album of farts and it wouldn't "break her"

Don't you think that's a little overdramatic! People will always be interested in the next thing from Madonna because she's an exciting lady, even if they don't like the current album or it's not a gigantic hit. With Madonna's level of money and success, she will always be able to make new albums if she wants to. It's not like she's some no name who's going to get dropped from a label and then can't afford to make another album.

I think people will always be interested in her always, and she will always be successful when she goes on tour. I do believe all of that is true. My point is that I don't think she can survive the perspective of having released three disappointing albums in a row. It's bad enough that a lot of people associate her with making "flop" albums or not so great music because of MDNA, can you imagine two MDNA'S in a row?

But no sadly I don't think it's over dramatic at all. She needs to release great music this time around and further cement her legacy.

Please, Madonna can have 5 flops in a row, but as long as fans are raving about the album and filling stadiums she will be on top. Is Bruce Springsteen a Greatest Hits act, for example? NOPE.

Charts are a joke nowadays and those who fill venues aren't even in the charts! Look at Kate Bush, for example! And she's not a GH artist.

Of course, if people want her to have a number one single all over the world like Hung Up, they can wait seated. It may happen, of course, but all the odds are against her.

A number one album all over the world, that sells several millions is another thing. She just need a good album and snap! Several millions. Even Hard Candy, that divided her fanbase, was among the 10 bestselling albums around the world.

Why charts are all about the singles and not the albums? The albums are the ones that counts!

He didn't like GMAYL, haven't heard any other insults from him tbh.

Think you guys reading too much into it. He probably wanted to know stats, how much she sold. Not everyone is a Madonna loon.

Guest Rachelle of London

Ugh Paleez I'm not one of those fans that thinks everyone's a Madonna loon. Not me at all. I'm excited for their output to be revealed, I just hope he doesn't trash her like he's done to other artists considering everyone that's worked with her in the past has praised her.

Please, Madonna can have 5 flops in a row, but as long as fans are raving about the album and filling stadiums she will be on top. Is Bruce Springsteen a Greatest Hits act, for example? NOPE.

Charts are a joke nowadays and those who fill venues aren't even in the charts! Look at Kate Bush, for example! And she's not a GH artist.

Fans haven't been raving about the two previous albums though. They've been quite debated over quality wise. I'm not talking a flop in the sense of it just under performing but I'm talking an all around flop of the music not being good either.

I just want her to release jamming high quality music. That to me will be a success.

Edited by Arnian

Ugh Paleez I'm not one of those fans that thinks everyone's a Madonna loon. Not me at all. I'm excited for their output to be revealed, I just hope he doesn't trash her like he's done to other artists considering everyone that's worked with her in the past has praised her.

It will make him look like a complete dicklo if he does that. I'm more fascinated with what she has done with Avicci..

Guest Rachelle of London

It will make him look like a complete dicklo if he does that. I'm more fascinated with what she has done with Avicci..

Same I like Avicci I would love to hear the sound they went for

How the hell can it be make it or break it for her. Madonna is an established artist. The biggest selling female artist of all time. She's already made it. She could release an album of farts and it wouldn't "break her"

:lmao:

tell him, girl!!!!!!!!!

I think people will always be interested in her always, and she will always be successful when she goes on tour. I do believe all of that is true. My point is that I don't think she can survive the perspective of having released three disappointing albums in a row. It's bad enough that a lot of people associate her with making "flop" albums or not so great music because of MDNA, can you imagine two MDNA'S in a row?

But no sadly I don't think it's over dramatic at all. She needs to release great music this time around and further cement her legacy.

People don't remember the flops. And her legacy is one the biggest acts in the history of music, what do you further that into?

Eventually, like any act, Madonna's gong to be less of a commercial force with new music.Just thew way it is. I's getting good artistic vibes for this project, moreso than the last couple albums, anyhow.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/diplo-madonna-asked-for-craziest-record-i-had-for-new-album-20140703

Diplo: Madonna Asked for 'Craziest Record I Had' for New Album Producer teases new songs set to appear on superstar's upcoming LP
{C}{C}
{C}
{C}
{C}{C}
{C}
diplo-600-1404396996.jpg
{C}
Diplo performs in Chicago, Illinois.
Daniel Boczarski/Getty Images
July 3, 2014 10:25 AM ET

Madonna has been at work in the studio compiling the follow-up to her 2012 effort, MDNA, and one of the album's producers, Diplo, teased his process with the singer in a new interview with Idolator.

How Madonna Became Madonna: An Oral History

"We've written about seven songs now, and hopefully maybe four or five will make it to the album," the super-producer/DJ said. "I've done about three weeks with her, and we’re gonna do some more projects at the end of July. She’s just really cool. I think as far as artists reinventing themselves, she did it before anybody else. She kind of began that trend of actually coming back with a whole new look and style and sound and winning it and hitting the top of the charts. Those records are gonna be crazy-sounding. We really pushed the envelope with some of the stuff we were doing."

While Diplo noted he typically needs around a week to know if there's chemistry with an artist, it was there immediately with Madonna. "he was up for anything," he said. "I love when an artist gives a producer the confidence he needs to work with them, and Madonna was very open-minded to my ideas… she was down from day one."

Diplo spoke about the creation of one song in particular, which came about on their final night in the studio together: "The last night we were just having fun, and she was like, 'Yo, give me some of the craziest shit you’ve got right now,' and we literally wrote a song that night on the craziest record I had. And it worked. All of the best songs happen on a whim."

Proving his point, Diplo ticked off a few of his hits with similar spontaneous origins, including Alex Clare's "Too Close," Usher's "Climax" — which was made, per Diplo, "in literally like ten minutes" — and M.I.A.'s "Paper Planes," which came together on a roof in the Caribbean.

Madonna has been intermittently teasing her upcoming record via Instagram. Earlier this week, the singer posted a photo of the sheet music for one track, "Messiah," as well as a video of an orchestra playing a section of the cut. The singer had previously posted in-studio photos with Avicii and British singer/producer Natalia Kills.

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/diplo-madonna-asked-for-craziest-record-i-had-for-new-album-20140703#ixzz36QkRreA9
Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook

I would not take Diplo's comments too seriously. He's a funny guy on Instagram and Twitter. He seems to be joking most of the time.

Besides, he could not like M before but had a change of opinion once he got to work with her. Doesn't that happen to us sometime?

And not everyone will know that much about Madonna. Before I was a fan, I just knew she was an icon and declared the Queen of Pop. I didn't know the amount of stuff she sold or how big her impact really is until I Googled her and read things about her on the Internet.

Let's wait until the music is released before we can trash their output.