New album update: Madonna posts lyrics from new song, "Messiah"

Guest Rachelle of London

Going back to the burqa look didn't she want to do some video 2 years ago with that look and her team said no! She wanted white full dress with a machine gun or something i recall.

That was an article from The Sun newspaper

I'm loving the fact the album is looking "finished" or at least with song titles being seemingly "confirmed" by Diplo and Madonna in recent days, it's getting close!

It's the Video Music Awards 30th anniversary on August 24th....there ain't NO better way to launch the new era than with a performance of the lead single!!

I know it's utter shite now BUT the exposure of a sizzling performance would rocket her back into the music scene radar!

This is were Madonna CAN still rule, particularly in the states without radio.....the timings havnt been there for her last 3albums to perform but this time round the timings could be perfect...

I really hope IF the lead single is ready to drop this September....she performs! The exposure for the new album wouldn't come any better!

There wasn't a black "Christ" in LAP video.

I always thought of him as Jesus who was also persecuted. The Jesus statue in the Catholic church I grew up in was posed as he was and Madonna shows stigmata after he leaves. I mean when I saw it I immediately thought of him as Jesus. Of course it is up to the viewer's own thoughts and interpretation.

Messiah is a great song/single title but I doubt that will be the album title as well.

I still prefer Rebel Heart or Living For Love as album titles...

Remember she said the album would be tied to artforfreedom. And for artforfreedom she made her own short litle short film, #secretproject. Maybe for this album she's making another mini art movie to go along with it?

That would be great! Even better than a video for each song. Just one mini movie! Love that idea whoopie :)

Thank the Christ for Art for Freedom!

It's the most creative and thought provoking she's been in years!

That clip is not only lush in it's visual (she hasn't been in her visual content for years, unless on a tour) but the words were stunning aswell. The message was iconic Madonna, making a stand for freedom everywhere!

So bring it on! I'd rather an album of "revolution" than nite songs about shooting a lover in the head!

I'm so excited, we actually might be getting something along the lines of Ray of Lighy and Like a Prayer instead of Hard Candy and MDNA!

Yes please!!

THIS is what we and the General Public need from her. A complete turnaround in sound and lyrics. Give me a thought provoking album over ooo la la anytime.

I refuse to get excited. Must stick w/ my instincts that a new hairstyle is the tell-tale sign and don't get suckered in by rumors. I'M SO DAMN EXCITED THOUGH

Out of topic. During MDNA era I always checked Madonnarama for news but with this era they are sooo slow, they have not even posted the Messiah pic and video yet...

Remember she said the album would be tied to artforfreedom. And for artforfreedom she made her own short litle short film, #secretproject. Maybe for this album she's making another mini art movie to go along with it?

mini art movie to go with album?? aren't those called music videos? And besides, why would she use and pay for an orchestra for music that isn't going to be on the new album she's currently finishing up?

grasping-at-straws.jpg

Out of topic. During MDNA era I always checked Madonnarama for news but with this era they are sooo slow, they have not even posted the Messiah pic and video yet...

I used to check out Madonnarama and All About Madonna, but MNation is the best place. Yeah there's a lot of running away w/ rumors that gets downright silly, but when something really goes down, it's posted here in minutes. MNationers don't play. Thank you to everyone here for that, btw

mini art movie to go with album?? aren't those called music videos? And besides, why would she use and pay for an orchestra for music that isn't going to be on the new album she's currently finishing up?

grasping-at-straws.jpg

Who said it wasn't going to be on the album? :manson:

Maybe she is going to explore religion again in the first video? Maybe this time she is going to dress in different religious costumes and place herself in the firing line to bring awareness or whatever to the wars and fighting that goes on between different religions and how silly it all is. Remember the quote in I'm Going To Tell You A Secret about the way religious costumes separate people? I'd love it if we got another controversial era from her and I'd love it if she could spread her views on these subjects to the general public like she has in her films and tours over the last 10 years.

Just a thought.

Maybe she is going to explore religion again in the first video? Maybe this time she is going to dress in different religious costumes and place herself in the firing line to bring awareness or whatever to the wars and fighting that goes on between different religions and how silly it all is. Remember the quote in I'm Going To Tell You A Secret about the way religious costumes separate people? I'd love it if we got another controversial era from her and I'd love it if she could spread her views on these subjects to the general public like she has in her films and tours over the last 10 years.

Just a thought.

I really appreciate it when Madonna is extra philosophical and tackles religion/politics

after knowing all i know about madonna musical history/legacy, i just think its comical that madonna hired her kids birthday party entertainer for her new album...

You know what's also comical? The fact that you're making assumptions based on what someone said on a messageboard, and they weren't even serious. But yeah, 'how the mighty have fallen' and all that. I like how 'fans' are eager to take the most random piexe of info (and that person was just throwing ideas out there, not stating it as a fact) in order to discredit Madonna.

You know what's also comical? The fact that you're making assumptions based on what someone said on a messageboard, and they weren't even serious. But yeah, 'how the mighty have fallen' and all that. I like how 'fans' are eager to take the most random piexe of info (and that person was just throwing ideas out there, not stating it as a fact) in order to discredit Madonna

WTF-Why-So-Serious.jpg

I'm loving the fact the album is looking "finished" or at least with song titles being seemingly "confirmed" by Diplo and Madonna in recent days, it's getting close!

It's the Video Music Awards 30th anniversary on August 24th....there ain't NO better way to launch the new era than with a performance of the lead single!!

I know it's utter shite now BUT the exposure of a sizzling performance would rocket her back into the music scene radar!

This is were Madonna CAN still rule, particularly in the states without radio.....the timings havnt been there for her last 3albums to perform but this time round the timings could be perfect...

I really hope IF the lead single is ready to drop this September....she performs! The exposure for the new album wouldn't come any better!

That (VMA performance) would be good old fun!

BTW: nice nickname, "CONFESSIT" ! :clap:

What is this?

I mean, mmmmmmm and give yourself to me is obviously from Frozen but it still got me scratching my head. lol

How do they change melodies from old vocals???

I don't know the source, but this was posted on the PopJustice forum:

I don't know if it's been said yet but that Messiah thing is not to do with the new album. It is an old piece of music from the 1800s and the recording studio thing was actually somewhere she was visiting, one of her friends that is using the music in his new musical.