New album update: Madonna posts lyrics from new song, "Messiah"

Get that Globen Award Madonna!!! Oscar Performance!!!! Finally winning BEST SONG!!! Ok ok I need to calm my tits! Lol

yaaasss!!! :rotfl:

OMG the lyrics of the second page have been revealed :ohmy:

1404750344-unaplogetic.jpg

:dead:

OMG the lyrics of the second page have been revealed :ohmy:

1404750344-unaplogetic.jpg

:dead:

btw, slightly OT, but again (it has been discussed in some general madonna threads...).... madonna hasn't lost 14 millions on W.E.

production budget was around 15 millions, it earned a stunning 1 million+ dollars worldwide, but....the film was co-produced (so she didn't put all the money in it); i think it had some product placement (but i'm not sure) and the production companies didn't earn directly the box-office figures (that you can find here http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=intl&id=wemadonna.htm) but they pre-sold the movies to the local distributions companies (it was them that lost money on the movie). plus...having the movie being filmed on locations in france and other countries maybe there were tax-credit provisions that diminished the expenses....and finally, apart from being pre-sold to distribution companies, it has being pre-sold to tv broadcasts around the world and streaming companies (and i'd add dvd and similar ancillaries).

finally, i can't say if she lost money or even gained from W.E., but for sure she hasn't lost 15 millions.....

Ooh. She's found a new 'fuzzy dream' and 'wait hesitate'.

Behold the 'moon with no light of my own'!

:bow:

For me it's a confirmation. 1 or 2 pages back there were still discussions whether is Messiah new song by Madonna or old by Handel :D

Exactly. At least we now know FOR SURE that Messiah is the title of a new song

How did this soundtrack rumor start? And for what movie?

Didn't Madonna make a post on IG saying something about the Giver soundtrack? She didn't explicitly say she would have a song on it, but Angela Cheng ran with it.

http://www.****adfly.com/2014/07/06/madonna-recorded-song-giver-soundtrack/

Didn't Madonna make a post on IG saying something about the Giver soundtrack?

No she didn't.

Can we please nip this soundtrack rumour in the bud? Unless Madonna or her team or anyone close to a reliable source says anything, as of yet, we have absolutely zero indication that she is doing anything for any soundtrack.

Do not turn this into another ridiculous Billboard snippet or "surprise summer release."

From June 15:

Madonna has recorded enough songs to make two or three albums, but like a photographer, more is better since there is more to choose from in the end. All I know is that Interscope is very impressed with what they have heard, and that’s not just PR hype. We often hear of how “great” an album is by an artist’s PR team and when the album is released, it’s not so good. Madonna’s MDNA is a good example. Early hype and early reviews had the album compared to Ray of Light. But when reality hit, it wasn’t nearly as well received.

However, the good buzz for Madonna’s next project comes from within Interscope. But they are concerned and confused about how the album should be marketed. Should it concentrate on the adult contemporary songs she has recorded (there are quite a few)? If nothing but EDM songs make the final cut, will she be accused of recording another MDNA? Interscope knows that radio won’t play the songs, so they are looking to market the songs in other ways.

One of the songs will likely be used for an upcoming movie. Given how Interscope turned the fortunes of Lady Gaga’s “Applause” around by featuring it in a KIA commercial, you can bet they will use the same method for Madonna. There will be some performances, but not many; Madonna’s management and Interscope are aware of how much Madonna is bashed after any performance she gives these days.

Madonna would be wise to learn from the mistakes of Mariah Carey, Kylie Minogue, Britney Spears and other divas, who face an increasingly ageist music industry. If she wants the album to be any type of success, she has to tone down her image. She has been stuck in a “Look at Me!” rut that is turning off some fans who have stood with her since the beginning. This isn’t about ageism, which I admit Madonna is a victim of more than any other pop star in music history. This is about creativity. Madonna ‘s biggest strength has always been the ability to reinvent herself so much that she comes across as fresh both musically and aesthetically. Her current incarnation has run its course into the ground.

She also has to market the album to her audience, which is largely made up of adults in their 40s and 50s. Marketing the album to teenagers (which she has done for her past two albums) will be a nail in the album’s coffin.

In any case, Madonna is no doubt putting more effort into her latest album than she has in years. Let’s just hope the efforts pay off.

Madonna lost 14 million dollars in that film and she's unable to spend a little money to make better music videos? :zzz:

Girl Gone Wild is one of her greatest.

From June 15:

Madonna has recorded enough songs to make two or three albums, but like a photographer, more is better since there is more to choose from in the end. All I know is that Interscope is very impressed with what they have heard, and that’s not just PR hype. We often hear of how “great” an album is by an artist’s PR team and when the album is released, it’s not so good. Madonna’s MDNA is a good example. Early hype and early reviews had the album compared to Ray of Light. But when reality hit, it wasn’t nearly as well received.

However, the good buzz for Madonna’s next project comes from within Interscope. But they are concerned and confused about how the album should be marketed. Should it concentrate on the adult contemporary songs she has recorded (there are quite a few)? If nothing but EDM songs make the final cut, will she be accused of recording another MDNA? Interscope knows that radio won’t play the songs, so they are looking to market the songs in other ways.

One of the songs will likely be used for an upcoming movie. Given how Interscope turned the fortunes of Lady Gaga’s “Applause” around by featuring it in a KIA commercial, you can bet they will use the same method for Madonna. There will be some performances, but not many; Madonna’s management and Interscope are aware of how much Madonna is bashed after any performance she gives these days.

Madonna would be wise to learn from the mistakes of Mariah Carey, Kylie Minogue, Britney Spears and other divas, who face an increasingly ageist music industry. If she wants the album to be any type of success, she has to tone down her image. She has been stuck in a “Look at Me!” rut that is turning off some fans who have stood with her since the beginning. This isn’t about ageism, which I admit Madonna is a victim of more than any other pop star in music history. This is about creativity. Madonna ‘s biggest strength has always been the ability to reinvent herself so much that she comes across as fresh both musically and aesthetically. Her current incarnation has run its course into the ground.

She also has to market the album to her audience, which is largely made up of adults in their 40s and 50s. Marketing the album to teenagers (which she has done for her past two albums) will be a nail in the album’s coffin.

In any case, Madonna is no doubt putting more effort into her latest album than she has in years. Let’s just hope the efforts pay off.

What is it with you people and your conspiracy theories? What do you do when they don't come true?

Hmmm the fact there's a full on orchestra involved makes me think it could be a film song...

Did she hire this sort of thing for Frozen or any of her albums before???

If Messiah is going to be part of The Giver I think its going to be treated more like a buzz single (And not in the Mariah sense of the word) before the "real" first single from her upcoming album drops.