New album update: Madonna posts lyrics from new song, "Messiah"

it comes from that troll Angela Cheng - she started the rumour M was going to sing a song for a movie ages ago, and last week she gave hints this is going to be that movie.

Of course it could just be another rumor, but regardless of who started it, this Angela person or not, the facts make it seem like it's in the realm of possibility:

- Interscope Records is releasing the soundtrack: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0435651/companycredits

- The Weinstein Company is releasing the film, which, despite the lackluster performance of W.E., links the project to Madonna via someone (Harvey Weinstein) she's worked with for 25 years. No reports of bad blood between them.

- The recording of a very cinematic-sounding orchestra part for a song likely called "Messiah" (the main character in the movie is a "chosen one" -- my words -- in a futuristic world): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Giver_%28film%29

- As someone else said, Madonna's use of the hashtag #magic could have some connection as well since the film is science fiction

- The soundtrack will be released sometime next month (timing is right for the recording of the strings, which would come last).

- Timing seems right overall. Even though she hasn't released a soundtrack single in a long time, if she were going to do it, this summer makes perfect sense. This is going to be a big fanboy film, and it co-stars Meryl Streep. It could very well flop, but having a single associated with a big movie like this, with the song being used in promos, is great promotion for the upcoming album.

Of course it could just be another rumor, but regardless of who started it, this Angela person or not, the facts make it seem like it's in the realm of possibility:

- Interscope Records is releasing the soundtrack: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0435651/companycredits

- The Weinstein Company is releasing the film, which, despite the lackluster performance of W.E., links the project to Madonna via someone (Harvey Weinstein) she's worked with for 25 years. No reports of bad blood between them.

- The recording of a very cinematic-sounding orchestra part for a song likely called "Messiah" (the main character in the movie is a "chosen one" -- my words -- in a futuristic world): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Giver_%28film%29

- As someone else said, Madonna's use of the hashtag #magic could have some connection as well since the film is science fiction

- The soundtrack will be released sometime next month (timing is right for the recording of the strings, which would come last).

- Timing seems right overall. Even though she hasn't released a soundtrack single in a long time, if she were going to do it, this summer makes perfect sense. This is going to be a big fanboy film, and it co-stars Meryl Streep. It could very well flop, but having a single associated with a big movie like this, with the song being used in promos, is great promotion for the upcoming album.

[Disclosure]Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.[/Disclosure]

This all sounds really good in theory. Then again, so did the Billboard snippet...

A soundtrack song before the album would be beyond awesome anyway...

*cough* masterpiecerepeathistory

Masterpiece" was obviously a different scenario. The focus for M was the film itself and I don't think she ever had any intention to release it as a single.

This is alot like the WeRSuperstars fiasco. people were reading too much into the Vmagazine spread cause she was instagraming John Willie's illustration and using the unapologetic hashtag, and then they saw Katy Perry was involved and assumed it was a duet, ad blah blah blah....

-

I think it's tasteless to use MJ's photos on IG that much if she doesn't have anything special related to him on the new album. We all know that they didn't have a special friendship. It makes her look like she is just using him just to get more exposure for her IG account.

Your crab infested vagina is tasteless.

Hmmm. This Giver soundtrack thing sounds like it could actually be feasible. And if she releases a new single this summer from the movie and follows with a new album in the fall, it will be the first time she's done that in over 10 years.

Was this made a few years ago and took forever to come out? Brenton looks like a kid here and looks so much older in Oculus which came out this year.

Just because Weinstein hasn't badmouthed her in the aftermath of W.E.? That's certainly a bit of a stretch.

I am not sure I get why people think Weinstein is mad at her or vice versa. I am sure he didn't even expect W.E. to be a big money-maker. He tried to help her out and give the movie some industry cred. She got an Oscar nomination out of it (well, Arianne did) and a Golden Globe,

I am not sure what to think about The Giver rumor. Anything's possible, but the film comes out next month. I suppose she could be doing a stand-alone song on the soundtrack but I have to wonder if it would even be single material. And if it is tied to her new album, I would imagine the LP would have to drop with a month or two of the movie release in order for the buzz to have any sales impact.

Yeah I've heard Harvey's said some wonderful things about M, in my mind they get on great

Yeah he loves Madonna. I read awhile back that he wants to do a TV series of some kind, I forgot what it was. He wants Madonna to direct an episode of it.

I don't think Madonna is doing a song for this film. All of her soundtrack songs/singles were for films she starred in or because she had a connection to them; I'll Remember she did for Alex and Pat did the whole soundtrack and Beautiful Stranger because the soundtrack was on Maverick. I'd be amazed if she did this Giver film and even more so as she hasn't done a soundtrack song for 12 years now.

I don't think Madonna is doing a song for this film. All of her soundtrack songs/singles were for films she starred in or because she had a connection to them; I'll Remember she did for Alex and Pat did the whole soundtrack and Beautiful Stranger because the soundtrack was on Maverick. I'd be amazed if she did this Giver film and even more so as she hasn't done a soundtrack song for 12 years now.

You Forgot Live To Tell :mellow:

You Forgot Live To Tell :mellow:

Oh yes! Pat wrote the soundtrack and Sean was in it!

This is alot like the WeRSuperstars fiasco. people were reading too much into the Vmagazine spread cause she was instagraming John Willie's illustration and using the unapologetic hashtag, and then they saw Katy Perry was involved and assumed it was a duet, ad blah blah blah....

-

Maybe, but people on here jumped to the conclusion that Katy would be featured on a song just because they did a photo shoot together. It was a little silly. And I won't even get into the Billboard thing. But her "coming soon" hashtag leads me to believe the orchestra recording was for something other than the album. I doubt there's even a release date for the album or lead single yet, whereas a soundtrack song could drop a lot sooner/faster. Anyway, of all the rumors over the last few months, I don't know why I've decided to try to make a case for this one, but it just feels realistic to me.