New album update: Madonna posts lyrics from new song, "Messiah"

Madonna is the Messiah. Surprise! She's been holding back on her true identity for years. Now it's time to make it official.

:lol:

Messiah is a great song/single title but I doubt that will be the album title as well.

I still prefer Rebel Heart or Living For Love as album titles...

Living for Love would make a great album title

You know what's also comical? The fact that you're making assumptions based on what someone said on a messageboard, and they weren't even serious. But yeah, 'how the mighty have fallen' and all that. I like how 'fans' are eager to take the most random piexe of info (and that person was just throwing ideas out there, not stating it as a fact) in order to discredit Madonna.

you are so right here. some people just need to post on Mtrite or TOS and leave this place to constructive criticism.

I don't know the source, but this was posted on the PopJustice forum:

I don't know if it's been said yet but that Messiah thing is not to do with the new album. It is an old piece of music from the 1800s and the recording studio thing was actually somewhere she was visiting, one of her friends that is using the music in his new musical.

aw :(

I don't know if it's been said yet but that Messiah thing is not to do with the new album. It is an old piece of music from the 1800s and the recording studio thing was actually somewhere she was visiting, one of her friends that is using the music in his new musical.

I've heard this claim but has anyone checked it out to ascertain it's validity?

The sheet song she posted, she wrote "coming soon..." Could just well be her friends musical or whatever. But also why would Monte repost both Messiah posts? Ugh!

Her hole team has been posting the note's not just Monty! And I'm sure if that 1800 peace of music was from back then some one would have picked up on that by now and posted it in it's original form. M has been none to use others music in the past ie hung up abba short memory's.

oh gosh all this fucking confusion. nothing worse than hearing a lovely piece of music may be for a completely different project M has little to do with. (I don't think so though - as M's team reposted it - but it really ruins the excitement)

We will be SICK of the album even before it's released!

Speak for yourself karby ;)

Oh, remember the Secret Project? We were discussing and speculating for several months and it's true that the waiting was frustrating and the bitching was annoying... But when it started it was glorious! It ended up being one of my favorite things that Madonna ever put out there :)

If that snippet was only related to one of her friends i'm going to be seriously pissed. I like anticipating but some OFFICIAL information would be good at this point. And i really hoped it could be some indication about the musical direction of the album :(

We'll see what happens next.

Guest bluejean

Why are people trying to convince themselves this is not to do with the new album? Madonna doesn't use Instagram for kicks, she's there to hype her new album.

Of course it has to do with her album what's wrong with you guys?

And don't forget Mozella has a track called Messiah, it wouldn't be the first time she reworked some of her collaborators' stuff.

Magic makes the people come to together...

OMG, it's Harry Potter 8! :dramatic:

Speaking of chameleons, youre working with Madonna who is known for consistently reinventing herself. For you as a producer, is that a good thing because youre able to do whatever you want or is it a challenge?

DIPLO: I think with her I didnt know what to expect. I didnt know if we were going to actually make records or not. It was kind of like Id give her a week to see if the chemistry was there, but she was up for anything. I love when an artist gives a producer the confidence he needs to work with them, and Madonna was very very open-minded to my ideas. I really love that. A lot of times Im having to sell my projects and my ideas to them, but she was down from day one. Weve written about seven songs now, and hopefully maybe four or five will make it to the album. Ive done about three weeks with her, and were gonna do some more projects at the end of July. Shes just really cool. I think as far as artists reinventing themselves, she did it before anybody else. She kind of began that trend of actually coming back with a whole new look and style and sound and winning it and hitting the top of the charts. I dont think anybody had done it to that level. She works hard. In the studio, I was Googling her while I was working with her, and shes literally sold like 300 million copies of songs. Shes a force to be reckoned with. We had a lot of fun. Those records are gonna be crazy sounding. We really pushed the envelope with some of the stuff we were doing. The last night we were just having fun, and she was like, Yo, give me some of the craziest shit youve got right now, and we literally wrote a song that night on the craziest record I had. And it worked. All of the best songs happen on a whim.

http://www.idolator.com/7525216/diplo-major-lazer-madonna-gwen-stefani-interview?mobile_redirect=false

Why are people trying to convince themselves this is not to do with the new album? Madonna doesn't use Instagram for kicks, she's there to hype her new album.

Let's hope it's true! I want to hear this kind of sound on the new album so badly.

Speaking of chameleons, youre working with Madonna who is known for consistently reinventing herself. For you as a producer, is that a good thing because youre able to do whatever you want or is it a challenge?

DIPLO: I think with her I didnt know what to expect. I didnt know if we were going to actually make records or not. It was kind of like Id give her a week to see if the chemistry was there, but she was up for anything. I love when an artist gives a producer the confidence he needs to work with them, and Madonna was very very open-minded to my ideas. I really love that. A lot of times Im having to sell my projects and my ideas to them, but she was down from day one. Weve written about seven songs now, and hopefully maybe four or five will make it to the album. Ive done about three weeks with her, and were gonna do some more projects at the end of July. Shes just really cool. I think as far as artists reinventing themselves, she did it before anybody else. She kind of began that trend of actually coming back with a whole new look and style and sound and winning it and hitting the top of the charts. I dont think anybody had done it to that level. She works hard. In the studio, I was Googling her while I was working with her, and shes literally sold like 300 million copies of songs. Shes a force to be reckoned with. We had a lot of fun. Those records are gonna be crazy sounding. We really pushed the envelope with some of the stuff we were doing. The last night we were just having fun, and she was like, Yo, give me some of the craziest shit youve got right now, and we literally wrote a song that night on the craziest record I had. And it worked. All of the best songs happen on a whim.

http://www.idolator.com/7525216/diplo-major-lazer-madonna-gwen-stefani-interview?mobile_redirect=false

In b4 people claiming the album is not anywhere near finished and will be released earliest in 2016.

^ Cool stuff. "I'd give her a week to see if the chemistry was there" is hilarious though. Head up your own ass much?

lol my thoughts exactly. Anyway i can't wait to listen to those bloody beats :wow:

Diplo is either stupid or dimwitted. First of all "i'd giver a week :lmao::lmao: Secondly "I Googled her" :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao: .

As somebody said here, if the album underperforms or Madonna pass and no song is in the album, this douchebag will have the biggest tantrum ever.

"Some other projects" imply different project than the album to me.

:lmao: And it's starting. Apart from working on songs the only projects she can do with Diplo is the mastering, remixing of the tracks or shooting a music video with a Diplo cameo. I cannot see anything other than album-related project that involves Diplo. But I'm sure that by other projects he meant finishing up the songs they've recorded.

:lmao: And it's starting. Apart from working on songs the only projects she can do with Diplo is the mastering, remixing of the tracks or shooting a music video with a Diplo cameo. I cannot see anything other than album-related project that involves Diplo. But I'm sure that by other projects he meant finishing up the songs they've recorded.

+1

And maybe he is going to make new versions from old songs for the upcoming tour.

Guest whatatramp

:wow:

you all need to stop nitpicking, how would he know what she was gonna be like in the studio? not everyone gets along and/or can work with each other

I have the feeling it's related to a movie. I think she's recording for the soundtrack of a movie.... maybe she'll even act in a musical movie or something. That post about "a door she's been waiting for so long to open" makes me think so. Anway the post refers to something she wants to do for a long time but never had the chance to do before. What could it be ? I know one of her biggest dream was to be recognized as a talented actress, she kinda gave up this dream for a few years now but who knows, maybe she's finally been offered THE role she's been waiting for years... just an idea.

that was Evita.

more likely a script to direct.

I think that anybody with a minimum music knowledge would be so THRILLED to work with the living legend that wouldn't have the nerve to go and say "i'd give her a week".

Please. Would you give Woody Allen a week. Would you give Banksy a week? Would you give Murakami a week? Imagine a movie director, modern artist or writer googling those above to know how relevant they are?

Stupid cunt.

and were gonna do some more projects at the end of July.

album is not finished.

it's nice to read a detailed description from Diplo (I mean at least SOME info on the album) but I'm not sure I like the fact that Madonna was open to ANY of his ideas. He isn't really a genius or as versatile as many other producers. I think he is cool and has created a lot of good beats but I hope Madonna actually told him the direction she wants to go and took the lead. I'm pretty sure she wasn't as 'passive' as he describes her but it still worries me a tiny little bit.

As for other projects at the end of July, I don't think it's album related or he would have worded it differently, like "we will meet again in a month to finish the tracks". Why would he say 'other projects'. Could be anything really, maybe a single for Rocco. lol