Madonna's daughter is a University of Michigan student

Fuzzy Dream

^^Too bad your not going to the same college as lola. From my understanding, Ann Arbor is very nice place to live & the people in the communities living there are educated & open-minded.

If you wind up living in NY for NYU, all the many opportunities to experience NY culture are amazing. You will never get bored & hopefully make a lot of good friends!

I could've gone to college with her!!! I'm the same age as Lola (just graduated high school) and got into U of M but chose NYU over it! Oh well!!

you're the second poster ive seen who said they were Lola's age...I find that fascinating. I am not being sarcastic I am really interested in the younger fans perspective of her legacy and if you had the same evolution myself and other early 80's babies had....

I could've gone to college with her!!! I'm the same age as Lola (just graduated high school) and got into U of M but chose NYU over it! Oh well!!

Im only 2 years older than Lola! & I just finished my general ed at my community college.. what if i transfer to U of M :ohmy::electropop::elite:

^^Too bad your not going to the same college as lola. From my understanding, Ann Arbor is very nice place to live & the people in the communities living there are educated & open-minded.

If you wind up living in NY for NYU, all the many opportunities to experience NY culture are amazing. You will never get bored & hopefully make a lot of good friends!

Thanks! U of M was a top choice for me. My dad went there, love Ann Arbor, it's very prestigious. But I just couldn't pass up Manhattan! Hoping to experience some M sightings in lieu of a possible kinship with Lola :)

you're the second poster ive seen who said they were Lola's age...I find that fascinating. I am not being sarcastic I am really interested in the younger fans perspective of her legacy and if you had the same evolution myself and other early 80's babies had....

That's a good question. We should probably have another thread about this but whatever…in the beginning I LOVED Madonna's music but didn't realize I did, if that makes any sense…when Hung Up and Sorry came out when I was like 9/10 I remember watching the videos on MTV all the time and just being obsessed. It wasn't really until 2010 when I randomly watched her 1984 MTV LAV performance that I fell in love and just had a week long binge of in depth Madonna research. Since then I've been addicted! But I guess I really worked through her career backwards since I was most familiar with 4 Minutes Madonna compared to Material Girl Madonna. However, discovering that a bunch of her old songs that I loved that I didn't realize were hers at the time, was awesome and made me love her even more!

Guest gang bang

I LOVE that shes keeping it real so to speak...no fancy shmancy French speaking elite college in the hills of Antarctica...Michigan is where the family is from ...its very down to earth for such a high profile student.

BUT....

This is how old I feel...

23.jpg

:laugh:

That's a good question. We should probably have another thread about this but whatever…in the beginning I LOVED Madonna's music but didn't realize I did, if that makes any sense…when Hung Up and Sorry came out when I was like 9/10 I remember watching the videos on MTV all the time and just being obsessed. It wasn't really until 2010 when I randomly watched her 1984 MTV LAV performance that I fell in love and just had a week long binge of in depth Madonna research. Since then I've been addicted! But I guess I really worked through her career backwards since I was most familiar with 4 Minutes Madonna compared to Material Girl Madonna. However, discovering that a bunch of her old songs that I loved that I didn't realize were hers at the time, was awesome and made me love her even more!

Aw bless!!! I find this so sweet!! Great to read things like this from young fans.

Well done Lola ! At first I thought she would have chosen to attend one of the ivy league universities ( ie Yale ,Brown etc )

She'll live on campus and have the slutty college girl life partying all the time. She's gonna love it.

Oh she totally will. Ann Arbor is one of the most liberal towns in America and that campus has 40,000+ students. Have FUN, girl!! :)

Also, love seeing M and Carlos at her graduation ceremony!

^ Oh god! I feel sorry for the poor girl. What are they going to do next - throw her a welcoming parade? This is one instance where I can see that it's really hard sometimes being Madonna's daughter.

It'll die down soon. Any news with the name "Madonna" in it is automatically huge. But once Lola starts classes and becomes just one of thousands and thousands of students, it'll chill out. There's not paparazzi camping out in Ann Arbor on a regular basis like there is in NYC or LA.

Like a (mom's) prayer: Madonna's daughter heading to U-M

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20140624/SCHOOLS/306240141#ixzz35lMHjaIb

Like mother, like daughter: Madonna’s oldest child is headed to the University of Michigan.

Lourdes Ciccone Leon now is listed as an undergraduate student affiliated with the U-M School of Music, Theatre & Dance, according to the school’s student directory posted online.

It was unclear when the 17-year-old daughter of the Grammy-winning superstar — one of the school’s most well-known attendees — would start. Undergraduates admitted for the summer term, which begins Thursday, were scheduled to attend an orientation Monday through Wednesday, according to the U-M Office of New Student Programs.

In a recent posting for a blog associated with the Material Girl fashion line that Lourdes and her mom have launched, the teen noted how “very happy and slightly saddened I am that my High School years are now coming to an end.”

Whenever Lourdes officially joins other freshmen in Ann Arbor, her famous mom apparently was in town this week. Madonna posted a picture Tuesday on her Instagram page of the M Den, a merchandise store for U-M gear on State Street. The caption read: “I think ill stop in here!”

In a 2012 interview on the NFL Network, the entertainer said she hoped her daughter would also become a Wolverine.

The wish was natural. The Michigan native, who graduated from Rochester Adams High School, attended U-M on a dance scholarship in the 1970s before dropping out and relocating to New York to follow her dreams to become a dancer.

The return jaunt at her former stomping grounds follows a Metro Detroit visit on June 3, when the 55-year-old musical icon breezed through local spots including the Detroit Achievement Academy charter school and Ponyride, an incubator for arts-related groups where she met with the women of the Empowerment Plan.

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20140624/SCHOOLS/306240141#ixzz35lMZqxbE

Also, in the comments, someone posted this clip I've never heard before...

very cool...i had somewhat similar experience...loving LAP era....Erotica was over head...and then bam Bedtime Stories...while Bedtime Stories was out they would play video retrospects on mtv or vh1....i was shocked and amazed at her back catalog of songs/videos...i always knew of MADONNA-the most famous woman on the planet-but i hadnt REALLY known her yet. I soon realized there wasnt i madonna song i didnt like...her personality really sealed the deal for me tho...shes so cute, smart as a whip and has a freakin sense of humor...

While watching TV yesterday! It was all over the local news. :wow:

10494821_10152262501003282_4062265358424

at least lola doesn't seem to be filmed here yet. i remember some pics showed up on her first day of her new york high school but other than that.. just those smoking pics i believe.. i think she won't have to worry about cameras in michigan. maybe a few curious students at first but I'm sure after a few days the exciting/new buzz about her will be pretty much gone.

Thanks! U of M was a top choice for me. My dad went there, love Ann Arbor, it's very prestigious. But I just couldn't pass up Manhattan! Hoping to experience some M sightings in lieu of a possible kinship with Lola :)

Paula you better get out of here quick because I can not bare the jealousness I am feeling of you right now. Going to university in freaking NYC? Oh my fucking god!!! I WANT YOUR LIFE!!!