William Orbit again on ROL and MDNA

TearsInHeaven

I think that ultimately Madonna was the one who dropped the ball with MDNA....not that its such a disaster or anything...but as orbit said, she had other projects going on and came on board later, most likely to provide vocals. MDNA doesn't seem like an album that she was heavily involved in, creatively...the vision was second thought..."just get it out...we have a tour to do'

the album to me looking back is a not very cohesive and centered. the type of album she could get away with in her 20's. (if she was 28. GGW would have hit #1)

Orbits tracks imo are some of the more disappointing tracks anyway...I think that he is disappointed in the sales of the album and ZERO singles were released that he had produced.

I think that ultimately Madonna was the one who dropped the ball with MDNA....not that its such a disaster or anything...but as orbit said, she had other projects going on and came on board later, most likely to provide vocals. MDNA doesn't seem like an album that she was heavily involved in, creatively...the vision was second thought..."just get it out...we have a tour to do'

the album to me looking back is a not very cohesive and centered. the type of album she could get away with in her 20's. (if she was 28. GGW would have hit #1)

Orbits tracks imo are some of the more disappointing tracks anyway...I think that he is disappointed in the sales of the album and ZERO singles were released that he had produced.

Luckily she had the career building TB then; the foundations of her career. GGW would have made her a footnote in history! I agree with everything else.

Oh William Orbit. Ugh. Yes Ray of Light was great but it was never going to happen again the way Like a Prayer was never going to happen again. The way Confessions will never happen again.

Hence why he was brought in later. Hence why his tracks on Music are the fans least favorite of the album.

Madonna knows this about William, Patrick and Stuart.

So you all need to learn this too. And STFU and trust madonnas process.

Glad to be here to help. :rotfl:

+1

I agree. Orbit is a dead horse.

He should just stay with producing Britney.

Do you guys really need to attack Orbit? He was just stating his opinion, nothing wrong with that.

And Amazing happen to be one of my favorite songs on Music so i disagree about him being no good outside of Ray of Light.

Luckily she had the career building TB then; the foundations of her career. GGW would have made her a footnote in history! I agree with everything else.

GGW is a good pop song. most of my friends who don't care for Madonna much, really liked that song. if GGW was the track to get the radio deal GMAYL got, then maybe it would have grown song legs and stood on its own radio wise...

peoples reactions to GMAYL:

bsi.gif

People hearing Girl Gone Wild:

original.gif

Guest Rachelle of London

GGW is a good pop song. most of my friends who don't care for Madonna much, really liked that song. if GGW was the track to get the radio deal GMAYL got, then maybe it would have grown song legs and stood on its own radio wise...

peoples reactions to GMAYL:

bsi.gif

People hearing Girl Gone Wild:

original.gif

So true!

Madonna + William Orbit = magic.

I will always want them to hook up.

Guest Pud Whacker

Do you guys really need to attack Orbit? He was just stating his opinion, nothing wrong with that.

And Amazing happen to be one of my favorite songs on Music so i disagree about him being no good outside of Ray of Light.

Runaway Lover is one of mine. but you missed the whole point probably loving the spice girls and shyt. everyone will expect a Ray of Light with Orbit and its never going to happen again. except with what popeline said.

I'm pleased he won't be working on this album. He is wonderful and together in that space they had all those years ago they were magic but the beauty of Madonna is evolution, sure that concept has has its missteps but whether it works or not it'll be something she hasn't tried before and that's obviously important to her.

Falling Free and Love Spent are in my book the best tracks on MDNA, I'm sinner is a rehash , Some Girls could have been good but the mix is awful. Masterpiece is not bad but totally forgettable in a "One more chance" way...Gang Bang is boring, long, repetitive and aged badly.

William Orbit of today is not William Orbit of 1998. His remix on soundcloud only show how out of touch he is. They are lame. What he did with Britney and Chris Brown is godawful.

If Madonna wants to make another Ray of Light/Like a prayer album she'll go with someone else. Ariel Rechtshaid is a good contender for the job. We know Joe Henry is waiting to make a whole album with her too. And i'm sorry but Ray of Light is far from being perfect and is a product of its time.

Runaway Lover is one of mine. but you missed the whole point probably loving the spice girls and shyt. everyone will expect a Ray of Light with Orbit and its never going to happen again. except with what popeline said.

What?

I don't expect another Ray of Light, it's not my favorite Madonna album anyway.

WO is great, he was one of the few who knew what they were doing on MDNA... I wouldve loved MDNA produced by him... I think we would ve had more mature, sophisticated album and I love MDNA :). I still think they can grow and improve on ROL if they really collaborated (M was focused on the album as she is now) and I still prefer his tracks over the others on MDNA (Although I love love BK and I totally adore I m Addicted but somehow I think I m Addicted is mainly Madonna).

We know Joe Henry is waiting to make a whole album with her too

The-Best-GIF-Ever.gif

i'm sorry but Ray of Light is far from being perfect and is a product of its time.

581256.gif

hm orbit said nothing wrong. he praises her. with MDNA she just had a lot of other things going on too but everyone knows that. that's not a secret. come on now this guy really likes M. he always goes on about how amazing her vocals are and that she is so involved in everything etc...

I wonder if those of us with a slight distaste for Orbit aren't affected more by his perpetual self-defining through a period long gone. Ray Of Light is almost two decades old, and his entire career has been Madonna-related ever since. I think there is a quirkiness to older people discovering social media who think and post before they have learned to contextualize modern communication techniques in a public forum. His latest Strange Cargo output on Soundcloud is dull, dated and pretty much sums up everything about his style that I dislike. However, I think his contribution to MDNA was fine. He should have simply shut the fuck up, or gone gung ho in his statements by making them political and about the music industry and the product-whoring that might hinder the creative process when corporations hold the reins. He most certainly appeared to bite the hand that feeds, but that is his prerogative. I personally think that Madonna has always thought of him as a socially inept type who needs more discipline and control, and so I imagine without the ease of intimacy that enveloped the Ray Of Light recording sessions, she probably felt awkward, and he probably didn't like that big corporate Madonna was delegating and approaching her creative output like it was visceral to a hierarchy of handlers and hired talent.

Madonna is in constant flux. I feel she herself became frustrated by her limitations through endless ties to expanding her brand in 2012. This new album will probably be focused on the notion of being sonically innovative once again. One last pioneering album before she's sixty and the legacy is set for life, and all the average or disappointing moments will be forgotten quicker than a ray of light! The general public may even embrace it wholeheartedly if she appears earnest in her output.

I'm clearly one of the very few who loves MDNA. Oddly enough, my two favourite tracks and my two least favourite tracks all come from WO, with everyone else's contributions falling somewhere in between. I agree that those instrumentals he posted recently sound so much more detailed than the ones that ended up on the album. Like others, I find it interesting that no one is really focusing on the positive comments he made about Madonna (e.g. her work as a mixer - he specifically said that he wished he could have worked with Madonna by herself on mixing the album).

I do feel, though, that it's unprofessional of William to comment publicly about other producers' work. I wonder what he would say about Mirwais's contributions to "Music"? No one ever asks him about that album - it's only ever about ROL and MDNA.

After keeping Stuart on board for two musical projects, it's interesting that Madonna has completely changed collaborators on every project she's undertaken since COADF. No one has even managed a single track on subsequent albums (Joe Henry aside, but he's a special case).

I wonder what William thinks of "Bang Bang" and whether he would have been as proud if it as he is "Gang Bang"?

I don't know why MDNA is considered by many to be sub-par. I think it is fantastic. The more I listen to it with good headphones, the more I notice parts where they clearly put thought into it production-wise, for example. There simply was no promotion campaign to create a narrative for the songs with the public and thus created a vacuum in which pop songs cannot exist. But, that's all.

The whole album was pretty appalling. Theres a reason its Madonna's worst selling album. Its garbage

There's a good chance that the next album will sell less, if the times have anything to tell us. Will the next sales report be correlated to the quality, too?

I'm clearly one of the very few who loves MDNA. Oddly enough, my two favourite tracks and my two least favourite tracks all come from WO, with everyone else's contributions falling somewhere in between. I agree that those instrumentals he posted recently sound so much more detailed than the ones that ended up on the album. Like others, I find it interesting that no one is really focusing on the positive comments he made about Madonna (e.g. her work as a mixer - he specifically said that he wished he could have worked with Madonna by herself on mixing the album).

I do feel, though, that it's unprofessional of William to comment publicly about other producers' work. I wonder what he would say about Mirwais's contributions to "Music"? No one ever asks him about that album - it's only ever about ROL and MDNA.

After keeping Stuart on board for two musical projects, it's interesting that Madonna has completely changed collaborators on every project she's undertaken since COADF. No one has even managed a single track on subsequent albums (Joe Henry aside, but he's a special case).

I wonder what William thinks of "Bang Bang" and whether he would have been as proud if it as he is "Gang Bang"?

tumblr_mt80mvKYGn1rqfhi2o1_500.gif

I don't know why MDNA is considered by many to be sub-par. I think it is fantastic. The more I listen to it with good headphones, the more I notice parts where they clearly put thought into it production-wise, for example. There simply was no promotion campaign to create a narrative for the songs with the public and thus created a vacuum in which pop songs cannot exist. But, that's all.

tumblr_lst0lbXkXf1qzjix8.gif

There's a good chance that the next album will sell less, if the times have anything to tell us. Will the next sales report be correlated to the quality, too?

I like your posts. And you're from Philly, even better.

The whole album was pretty appalling. Theres a reason its Madonna's worst selling album. Its garbage

As I've said elsewhere, this is just your opinion :)

What do you think of people who love the album? Do we have appalling taste? :)

:thumbsup: