Her Best Song, Musically?

IsaacHarris

In terms of non singles, I tend to think that Madonna Dancing Drammatica is the one that gathers instant appeal, so I'll have to go with something like Erotica (Confessions), Deeper and Deeper, Nothing Really Matters, or Get Together.

If we're including everything - then I'd also include:

- every single from Erotica,

- Vogue (IC),

- LAP (original),

- Drowned World/Substitute for Love,

- Jump,

- Secret,

- Live to Tell,

- Human Nature,

- Papa Don't Preach

- Express Yourself (IC)

- Burning Up

- I'll Remember

- Open Your Heart

- Justify My Love

HC honorable mention: She's Not Me

MDNA honorable mention: Falling Free or I'm Addicted

Are you going to put a playlist together?

This thread kinda confuses me, lol. arent all her songs musical? so u mean wats her best song overall or wat?

I didn't create the thread but for me songs that I feel are better musically are not necessarily my favorite songs. My favorite songs have to be amazing in lyrics, feeling and music in that order but the lyrics are the most important part of the song for me. I mentioned Oh Father which happens to hit it out if the park for me in lyrics, feeling and music but there are songs that I think are better musically than some of my other favorites.

I think many people have favorite songs based on how they sound musically though. I know someone who just focuses on the music in songs. He listens and tries to make out every instrument in the song as where I am mostly interested in what is being said.

Madonna = "Physical Attraction" and "Borderline"

Like A Virgin = It has to be "Love Don't Live Here Anymore". I know it's a cover but she does sing her heart out in that song and it seems to be the more serious work throughout the whole album.

True Blue = It's between "Live To Tell" and "Papa, Don't Preach".

Like A Prayer = too many to mention here.. "Like a Prayer" itself, "Til Death Do Us Part", "Promise To try", "Dear Jessie", "Oh father", " Spanish Eye".. For me it's got to be between " Spanish Eyes" and "Oh father".

Dick Tracy OST = "Something To Remember" without a shadow of a doubt

Erotica = "Secret Garden", "Bad Girl" and "Where Life Begins"

Bedtime stories = "Inside Of Me", "Love Tried To Welcome Me", "Sanctuary" and "Bedtime Story".

Ray Of Light = again, too many to mention.. "Drowned World", "Swim", "Skin", "Frozen", "Sky Fits Heaven", "Ray Of Light", "To Have Not To Hold", " Mer Girl"..to be honest the entire album is a masterpiece!!!

Music = "Paradise (Not For Me)", "Gone",

American Life = "Nothing Fails", "Xstatic Process", "Easy Ride", "Intervention" and "Nobody Knows Me".

Confessions On A Dancefloor = "Future Lovers", "Isaac", "Get Together"

Hard Candy = "Even The Devil Wouldn't Recognize You"... possibly "Heartbeat" and "She's Not Me"

MDNA = "Love Spent", "Beautiful Killer", "Falling Free", "I'm Addictive"

A few tracks is way too hard.. there are so many and let's not forget this is a 30 years old career and with each album there's songs which are very enjoyable and appreciated by many. Madonna has so many hits and songs that are so different from each other you can't just round it down to a couple.. if you really need to do that just go with what the general public thinks and mention Like A Prayer, Vogue and Ray Of Light.

As someone who has recently got into Madonna, I would have to say that "Substitute for Love" was the song that made me not listen, but experience Madonna. The entire Ray of Light album is absolutely gorgeous along with Music and COADF. I have so much more to listen to by her but it's absolutely amazing to me how I can listen to these works dating years ago and still feel like it's the future of music. I would say Don't tell me is a very close second.

Edited by Aires

As someone who has recently got into Madonna, I would have to say that "Substitute for Love" was the song that made me not listen, but experience Madonna. The entire Ray of Light album is absolutely gorgeous along with Music and COADF. I have so much more to listen to by her but it's absolutely amazing to me how I can listen to these works dating years ago and still feel like it's the future of music. I would say Don't tell me is a very close second.

113966.gif

Welcome to the Madonna fandom :thumbsup:

I'd have to vote for Drowned World/Substitute for love as well. The years pass by and that song still amazes me.

Honorable mentions: Skin, Secret Garden, Has to be, Isaac, Secret.

Edited by Icykiller

I remain obssessed with the perfection of Express Yourself:

• ferocity of her vocals - never heard her sounding like that before, she doesn't so much sing the song as roar it out: very guttural, commanding, yearn for her to bring that out in her voice again (glimpse again in Rescue Me)
  • the industrial Shep remixes with that mechanical sound ping ponging is just heaven, replay it heaps
  • the fucking epic music video - power crotch grab mandance at the top of the stairs, the slinky silhouette triple crotch thrust, the cat, green dress, lapping up milk on all fours, argh need I go on
  • musically adore the shep remixes & album version equally, album version for its motown funk, trumpets, really get into the swing of it, shep remixes detach her voice from the organic feel and place it against mechanical industrial technoey sounds, perfect compliment to the video
  • why weren't there more remixes! am dying to hear an updated version .... dubtronic?
Edited by brem

I agree with the person above who mentioned the mmmmmm songs -- Frozen, and for me also Secret. There's something very hypnotizing about these songs

I love hearing that in Isaac. They are all like a form of meditation.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Wahoo8888

Have you seen this video. Madonna looks and sounds so beautiful. I think she was pregnant when she made it.

Guest Wahoo8888

Have you seen this video. Madonna looks and sounds so beautiful. I think she was pregnant when it was made.

Watch it and support all Madonna videos on youtube.