New album thread: "official" information. UPDATE: Diplo tweets about "hot" songs

With zero other projects planned and a lot of studio time already wrapped I think we will definetly see the new album dropping this year!

I'm hoping a new single drops aroun August\september i know the VMAs are rather lame these days BUT that would seriously set the new material up to the kind of audience she wants....

Plus it's 30th anniversary and after the iconic 20tg anniversary it would be wonderful to have the queen of the video back on THAT stage slaying the pretenders to the throne....

Just a point on disclosure, I don't think it's just pleasure her being at their gig, I think it's buisness and they will definetly feature somewhere on te new album....

Guest Rachelle of London

They should release in November, or late October the earliest. Rihanna releases all her albums November time to get those Xmas sales, M should follow suit. Look at how many casual listeners Madonna has, who will just buy her album because its Madonna. Stuck on a Xmas prezzie, gift someone a Madonna album on iTunes, or Amazon. Even CD sales.

First single the monday after the VMAs (if she appears), and then the album in October :)

Even though the show has been shit for years, she REALLY needs to do a VMA performance.

Shut the place down once again.

Why? It's such a shit show. No need for her to be around all those kids and one hit wonders. She'd be so out of place.

Why? It's such a shit show. No need for her to be around all those kids and one hit wonders. She'd be so out of place.

That would be the case with any award show at this point.

I was thinking, if she hasn't worked with Disclosure for her new album, maybe she wants to take them on her tour, kinda like Kalakan?

:oprah favorite things fan reaction gif:

I was thinking, if she hasn't worked with Disclosure for her new album, maybe she wants to take them on her tour, kinda like Kalakan?

"Last summer I was in New York, and in a concert, these two fine young gentlemen played for me. They're from Reigate, Surrey. They're called Disclosure and they make me wanna sshhhhhake it!"

:wow:

"Last summer I was in New York, and in a concert, these two fine young gentlemen played for me. They're from Reigate, Surrey. They're called Disclosure and they make me wanna sshhhhhake it!"

:rotfl:

More like summer single in August, album in late September

Of course not. You must be completely clueless about Madonna, her release history & the music industry if you think this is possible.

I always find that speech a bit cringeworthy :shy:

Disclosure had a UK Number 1 album; they're big. They wouldn't join her on tour.

These are the things Disclosure might do with Madonna:

1. Co-write / Produce some songs for the new album

2. Remix some tracks from the new album

3. Open for her on select (stadium) dates on the new tour, e.g. UK stadium dates

Ideally I'd love all 3. They're great.

END OF.

Disclosure had a UK Number 1 album. They wouldn't join her on tour.

These are the things Disclosure might do with Madonna:

1. Co-write / Produce some songs for the new album

2. Remix some tracks from the new album

3. Open for her on select (stadium) dates on the new tour, e.g. UK stadium dates

Ideally I'd love all 3. They're great.

END OF.

Umm they just kinda shaded her 3 days ago

Who are some other major female artists you'd like to collaborate with?

It's a difficult one because there's so many. I don't know, man. Mary is basically setting the bar extraordinarily high, so we're pretty happy with her for now. We haven't gotten into writing the next record yet - that's gonna happen later in the year - but I think we'll have a better idea of who we wanna work with at that point.

Maybe Beyonce? Maybe Madonna?

I'd love to work with Beyonce - I don't know who wouldn't.

What pop music informs your sound? What are you listening to currently, and who did you grow up on?

Anything with class, anything with soul. Nothing cheesy and formulaic. Anything that has a touch of originality to it but is also really catchy - that's what really impresses me. Making an eight-minute techno song is an art form but writing a three-minute pop song is also an art form in itself. Both are equally difficult to do, and it's rare you can find someone who can do both of those things. So, for me, obviously Beyonce and people like that who are just working with amazing producers and have a really good vision about what they wanna do. Her latest album is fucking brilliant. Modern-day people like her and obviously Sam Smith, whose album is so soulful and classy and has some amazing ballads on there. In the past it was people like Stevie Wonder and Michael Jackson. Anything with soul and good songwriting is what we're into.

Is it just me or is Disclosure not really all that? I'm not as blown away by them as everyone else seems to be. They're not bad but to me they're not that innovative. To me there are just repeating a 90's house sound. But that doesn't mean they couldn't do something cool with Madonna, but to me their songs don't have a pop sense. They are more just club tracks. Avicii although people say he is too commercial has more of a pop sense and he mixes in other genres. The same with Diplo who has produced and written for lots of pop artists. Have Disclosure produced or written for any other artists? It just seems more they're just done their own album.

Is this interview months old? I have a feeling Madonna will be on their album.

Maybe, it was posted 3 days ago but doesnt really say, although this makes me think so:

Makes sense, then, that they're getting their groove on with Madonna. If chummy Instagram photos with the legend are any indication, presumably they'll be working with the icon on her next album. Word broke just after I spoke with Guy for this gay press exclusive (Howard couldn't be reached for our scheduled interview, so like a good brother, Guy stepped in for him last-minute). Though he didn't acknowledge Madonna at the time, the 23-year-old did reveal what other pop icon he's drunk in love with: Beyonce.

Is this interview months old? I have a feeling Madonna will be on their album.

It's possible they were told not to talk about working with Madonna (if they even are). They sort of just ignored the question and focused on Beyonce, who they're obviously NOT working with right now.

Is it just me or is Disclosure not really all that? I'm not as blown away by them as everyone else seems to be. They're not bad but to me they're not that innovative. To me there are just repeating a 90's house sound. But that doesn't mean they couldn't do something cool with Madonna, but to me their songs don't have a pop sense. They are more just club tracks. Avicii although people say he is too commercial has more of a pop sense and he mixes in other genres. The same with Diplo who has produced and written for lots of pop artists. Have Disclosure produced or written for any other artists? It just seems more they're just done their own album.

That's where M would come in though. William Orbit didn't exactly have a pop sense either. His early stuff is way ambient and structureless. I'm not a huge fan of Disclosure's album either, but if it means she returns to that '90s house sound, I'm all for it. EDM today has so little soul.

Hopefully all this networking gets her some decent name remixes that might actually get played in decent clubs. I've never understood working with a great producer and then letting the likes of Tracy Young or someone near it.

I found this on Madonnachile. It was posted by a member who seems reliable. He registered in 2006.

I have to admit that I have not been happy with Madonna for sometime. I have complained about her laziness and not caring about her music. I am now proved wrong. A designer friend who just did London fashion week had a long 128 clip as he wanted to use it for his show. Eventually Madonna's people said no, it was too early to launch. It was fucking amazing. It us no Hard a Candy or MDNA. It's nothing really new, but definitely a new sound for her. The closest sound is Saturday Night by Natalia Kills which should be of no surprise.

Saturday Night was my jam last summer, but that's what I was afraid of. I don't want Madonna to copy the sound of Natalia Kills, I don't think it would suit her and even if it does it's nothing new, but i'm gonna wait to make my final judgement.