New album thread: "official" information. UPDATE: Diplo tweets about "hot" songs

Yep, he recommended her Pat Mc Carthy for sound engineering. Remember she knows him from his Beastie Boys days during the Virgin tour.

Wow. Thank you. I didn't know that. Such a flopfan.

She wrote many songs with different writers/producers for Ray of Light ( Susannah Melvoin, Rick Knowles, Babyface, Orbit, Patrick Leonard, Marius de Vries) until she had the vision of what she wanted her album to sound like. Natacha Kills, Mozella and even Avicii may only get a writing credit in the end or co-producing credit. She did that before. Check out Music credits too...Mirwais, Orbit, Sigsworth, Talvin Sigh, Mark Spike Stent, Damian le Gassick...Even on Confessions : Mirwais, Price, Joe Henry, Bloodshy & Avant, Bagge & Astrom... The only recent album she did with one writer-producer is American Life and even on this one there's a Stuart Price track , one with Monte Pittman and one with Guy Sigsworth. So relax, that's her usual method of working right here. She exchanges ideas lyrically and then look for the sound she wants the record to sound like. There's a good chance Disclosure will end with the final co-producing job since they come last and she seems completly head over heels with them. Pharrell may only be giving her some advices on the tracks and direction just like Rick Rubin did on Ray of Light.

Excellent post.

She wrote many songs with different writers/producers for Ray of Light ( Susannah Melvoin, Rick Knowles, Babyface, Orbit, Patrick Leonard, Marius de Vries) until she had the vision of what she wanted her album to sound like. Natacha Kills, Mozella and even Avicii may only get a writing credit in the end or co-producing credit. She did that before. Check out Music credits too...Mirwais, Orbit, Sigsworth, Talvin Sigh, Mark Spike Stent, Damian le Gassick...Even on Confessions : Mirwais, Price, Joe Henry, Bloodshy & Avant, Bagge & Astrom... The only recent album she did with one writer-producer is American Life and even on this one there's a Stuart Price track , one with Monte Pittman and one with Guy Sigsworth. So relax, that's her usual method of working right here. She exchanges ideas lyrically and then look for the sound she wants the record to sound like. There's a good chance Disclosure will end with the final co-producing job since they come last and she seems completly head over heels with them. Pharrell may only be giving her some advices on the tracks and direction just like Rick Rubin did on Ray of Light.

:clap:

Madonna's got something to say this time. She'll release her album in connection with Art For Freedom (i think anybody would agree with that.).. so i doubt the amount of producers or collaborators is going to change her vision. In a way it's a positive thing she's willing to work with so many artists without fearing of losing her own identity.

any of you noticed how Guy Oseary has been very quiet on her new music? she is giving hints herself this time, he is not even randomly tweeting like he used to do in the past

Exactly. She is probably trying to figure out which direction she wants to go with the album. I think she has a lot of ideas to work from, but now she is probably fine-tuning those ideas to something cohesive.

Any chance Pharrell recommends her a good sound engineer?

Most likely. Pat mixed the Pharrell tracks on HC. Pharrell has a good ear when it comes to sound too.

Most likely. Pat mixed the Pharrell tracks on HC. Pharrell has a good ear when it comes to sound too.

That was actually Spike Stent that mixed the Pharrell tracks.

I assumed that Pharrell was there to give input rather than produce anything. It was a day or two in the studio, so it would make sense to have his feedback.

My only point of suggesting a double album, or two part album rather, was based on her own comments of "so many good songs" and what has been discussed in interviews by member of the production team. And I know that guy said they weren't sure what would end up on the album from the NK sessions, yadda yadda. I was just curious if anyone else thought the same thing.

JT ultimately fulfilled his contract with 20/20 pts1&2, so I wonder if Madonna is taking that route as well.

I know she's taken on other people as producers to fine tune and rework songs done with other people, specifically starting with Bedtime Stories, all the way through MDNA.

Yes the diference now is that she's showing all the process of recording an album in her instagram. Something that didn't happened in 1998 or when she recorded MUSIC or Confessions.

It is definitely going to sound different from MDNA, that's for sure. MDNA will probably sit nicely in her catalog after this next record.

I think we can anticipate another explicit record but something much more thought out and well executed. Not to mention it seems she has something to say, so it will be message orientated and hopefully political.

It is definitely going to sound different from MDNA, that's for sure. MDNA will probably sit nicely in her catalog after this next record.

I think we can anticipate another explicit record but something much more thought out and well executed. Not to mention it seems she has something to say, so it will be message orientated and hopefully political.

:order: It has this whole time!!!

That was actually Spike Stent that mixed the Pharrell tracks.

:lmao: i should have known that. i guess pat was on the brain when i typed that :rotfl:

I assumed that Pharrell was there to give input rather than produce anything. It was a day or two in the studio, so it would make sense to have his feedback.

My only point of suggesting a double album, or two part album rather, was based on her own comments of "so many good songs" and what has been discussed in interviews by member of the production team. And I know that guy said they weren't sure what would end up on the album from the NK sessions, yadda yadda. I was just curious if anyone else thought the same thing.

JT ultimately fulfilled his contract with 20/20 pts1&2, so I wonder if Madonna is taking that route as well.

I know she's taken on other people as producers to fine tune and rework songs done with other people, specifically starting with Bedtime Stories, all the way through MDNA.

honestly, she did say the album would be connected to artforfreedom. maybe this really isn't a traditional album. maybe it will be released through artforfreedom in some sort of way. like a web only kind of release. who knows.

honestly, she did say the album would be connected to artforfreedom. maybe this really isn't a traditional album. maybe it will be released through artforfreedom in some sort of way. like a web only kind of release. who knows.

I'm thinking: why not. It's not as if M will pull Beyoncé or Adele numbers; and regular albums are non events now, anyway. Maybe instead of non-traditional promo, we can have a non-traditional distribution.

As much I would love a double album of M as a total stan, I actually think that one really tight, cohesive album of 10-12 songs that would be an absolute monster from start to finish would be better. Although I know she doesn't like wasting studio time, it might not be a bad idea to record a lot of songs and only choose the very best of them to go onto the finished album. For example, Beyonce recorded over 80 songs for her self-titled album and only had 14 on the final track listing. Conciseness isn't a bad thing - having as little filler as possible would make it harder for the usual naysayers to say she's become lazy or irrelevant or too creatively self-indulgent.

Besides, when she's in her early 100s she can finally release all of her unreleased material and demos as the most epic box set ever.

so can we say there is possibility she ll realise double album with two leg tour (like s&s) and she s done with contract?

i just hope we ll get new music soon. i need new album(s). miss m sound.

Nothing's impossible, but really nothing more than speculation.

She has 2 albums left to deliver, and for all I know she could release a traditional length album, throw anything left in the vault, or add them as b-sides for singles sales.

Not to mention her idea of "so many" good songs could be 3-4. Lol

so can we say there is possibility she ll realise double album with two leg tour (like s&s) and she s done with contract?

i just hope we ll get new music soon. i need new album(s). miss m sound.

two legs of a tour is still 1 tour

I still think:

first single and album early 2015, tour spring 2015.

It will be a pleasant surprise if there is a release of any kind in the late fall of 2014.

ok...but she can always do a world tour album promo + second leg as a greatest hits tour australia with few big centers in europe and usa....is that two tours?

Not if its under the same tour name and marketing strategy. It would have to be 2 completely separate outing.

LN making money off M until 2017, regardless of the product she's selling, so if she wanted to fulfill it earlier I don't see why she wouldn't renegotiate another contract.

Anyway, on topic after the 2 days of Pharrell pics and lack of new info, I'm betting he just gave her some feedback on the album so far.

I wonder if she has access to A+R people at interscope? Or if she just she's just getting direction from whoever she wants?

I still think:

first single and album early 2015, tour spring 2015.

It will be a pleasant surprise if there is a release of any kind in the late fall of 2014.

two singles pls before an album....album fall 2014 then tour 2015....fuck the skiing M

In Madonna We Trust

30 years of making music and still given us joy!

Yes. I love ALL Madonna eras but I don't love everything about them. That would be absurd anyway and too much to expect. Even if the album ends up being a disappointment to me.. and that's a BIG IF... I know 100% there will be AT LEAST 3 other things about the next era that will become cornerstones of her career (to me). For example, I was disappointed in the MDNA era singles, but that tour may have been one of her best ever. Certainly there were 4 or 5 numbers that rank up w/ her best. Superbowl, reductive, great red carpet events, GAYLUV video and parts of GGW video. I could go on.

Totally here for Hard Candy 2. Said nobody ever.

liz-lemon-eye-roll.gif

Very true. I love HC and ain't looking for a Part 2. What's Issac have to say about this?