New album thread: "official" information. UPDATE: Diplo tweets about "hot" songs

No, Daft Punk are not part of this album, they rejected working with her ages ago and they rejected her again. I know this from a VERY reliable source

Uh they're so cool. Have they ever actually collaborated with a woman? I can see their tired-asses shitting in their pants as Madonna barks orders at them.

Uh they're so cool. Have they ever actually collaborated with a woman? I can see their tired-asses shitting in their pants as Madonna barks orders at them.

Good question. I'm not sure they ever worked with a woman.

are daft punk really that up their own ass to refuse to work with M? it's not like they're moroder himself. and she's madonna. not britney or some stupid pop girl.

fuck them then. M can do her own thing with other producers and maybe even do a better job.

Guest Rachelle of London

sorry for the stupid question, but where did this pharell rumours start?

She posted a pic on Instagram of Pharrells stuff messing with her OCD. Rocco also posted pics of a studio.

sorry for the stupid question, but where did this pharell rumours start?

She hang out with him last night according to her instagram... that's it

Believe it or not, but not everybody in the world is desperate to collaborate with M. They can admire and respect her but that doesn't mean that they want to be associated musically with her. Two completely different pair of shoes. And I do believe my friend who is working for more than 10 years in the industry and actually hangs out with DP in private more than anyone else. So there...

So who's this friend?? Name and shame. Now!

I personally don't believe Daft Punk don't want to work with Madonna... If anything Madonna started all this Daft Punk sound when she released Music! So i think they do owe her in a sense... All Around The World was released in 1997 but it only became a huge hit years later... after Madonna had already released Music, playing that sound to a worldwide audience.

If anything i do think it's Madonna who wouldn't work with them... she might say nice things about them but when it comes down to it she made their sound popular with Mirwais (French producer by the way) before they ever did.

I can guarantee if some big name refuses to work with Madonna that would be picked up by the media.. Prodigy refused to produce Ray Of Light and everybody knows it.. Madonna always mentions the people who don't want to work with her.. In a way she names them and shames them lol Who can forget when she deliberately said Gaga wouldn't perform with her? Or Goldie not getting in touch with her after she had sent him the Little Star demo? Trust me we wouldn't need the opinion of your buddy to know if some top producer refuses to work with her...

so who's this friend of yours??

Edited by MeakMaker

If Pharrell produced 1-2 tracks, it's okay for me, but no more. I don't think he can bring any new to the table, but I like him, so I don't mind if they collaborate once more.

I would be so very happy if she never collaborates with Daft Punk. I adore their first album and more than hate all the ones that came after this one. They are overrated to the max. There are way more talented and interesting electronica (yeah i use that term because EDM stands for generic 10's shit) producers in France. To me in terms of production : LCD SOUNDSYSTEM > daft punk.

As for Pharrell if she can bring him back to his early stuff that could be awesome.

I personally don't believe Daft Punk don't want to work with Madonna... If anything Madonna started all this Daft Punk sound when she released Music! So i think they do owe her in a sense... All Around The World was released in 1997 but it only became a huge hit years later... after Madonna had already released Music, playing that sound to a worldwide audience.

If anything i do think it's Madonna who wouldn't work with them... she might say nice things about them but when it comes down to it she made their sound popular with Mirwais (French producer by the way) before they ever did.

I can guarantee if some big name refuses to work with Madonna that would be picked up by the media.. Prodigy refused to produce Ray Of Light and everybody knows it.. Madonna always mentions the people who don't want to work with her.. In a way she names them and shames them lol Who can forget when she deliberately said Gaga wouldn't perform with her? Or Goldie not getting in touch with her after she had sent him the Little Star demo? Trust me we wouldn't need the opinion of your buddy to know if some top producer refuses to work with her...

Believe what the hell you want, I don't care, but you're completely wrong with everything you said.

I certainly won't say his name cause that may bring him into trouble. I'm an active poster on Madonna forums for more than 10 years and certainly don't need to make up stuff for attention.

There are always too cool for school "artists" that will take some sort of pride in refusing a big name like Madonna, whether they're classless enough to make it public or not. Madge has said, however filppantly, that she's "waiting for them to return her call" but I'm pretty sure that even she knows that's one tired old bandwagon that doesn't need jumped on. Their loss. What kind of idiot wouldn't want Madonna on their CV? Especially if it extends the inevitable road to obscurity that awaits them.

Let's just move on from the Daft Punk they issue. They don't want to work with her. Fine. The world is not going to crumble without their collaboration.

I am not really excited for her working again with Pretty Boy.

There are many undiscovered, not yet famous, underground musicians & producers out there. I hope Madonna goes back to scouring for them. If she lots of time to Instagram then maybe she can go to SoundCloud or whatever music social network to discover and bring to fame some unknowns.

The thing is that when they said they didn't want to work with her they weren't making the kind of music that they are now. Or have been. I think they just didn't see themselves making an appropriate use of a collaboration with her. Nothing offensive...

IF she works with all those different producers, I'm really excited to find out if she will try to make a cohesive album with a theme and put the pieces together so that it feels like a journey or if she wants to put out an album with smash after smash, kind of like a collection of amazing songs, a real rollercoaster of beats and sounds...hmmm

Maybe she ll record with million producers and then give the songs to Disclosure to finally produce them in early 90ties sound?

I think Madonna just wants to make a very diverse album,with several different styles.Maybe she chose Pharrell so she could have a few tracks that are R&B flavored? And if you're gonna do R&B in 2014,Pharrell is an excellent choice (especially after "Blurred Lines" and "Happy").

There's no guarantee that she is working with Pharell again. I don't see the Natalia Kills tag on that instagram post so not sure why some are saying she did.

I do feel like there are an enormous amount of producers on this record though:

Avicii, Diplo, Ariel Rechtshaid, Martin Kierszenbaum, S1, and now maybe Disclosure (possibly) and Pharell?

We have no idea who the executive producer is either. Certainly hope it's not too many cooks in the kitchen

I think Madonna just wants to make a very diverse album,with several different styles.Maybe she chose Pharrell so she could have a few tracks that are R&B flavored? And if you're gonna do R&B in 2014,Pharrell is an excellent choice (especially after "Blurred Lines" and "Happy").

:crazy:

There's no guarantee that she is working with Pharell again. I don't see the Natalia Kills tag on that instagram post so not sure why some are saying she did.

I do feel like there are an enormous amount of producers on this record though:

Avicii, Diplo, Ariel Rechtshaid, Martin Kierszenbaum, S1, and now maybe Disclosure (possibly) and Pharell?

We have no idea who the executive producer is either. Certainly hope it's not too many cooks in the kitchen

I agree. MDNA suffered from this. I'm sure this will be fantastic.

are daft punk really that up their own ass to refuse to work with M? it's not like they're moroder himself. and she's madonna. not britney or some stupid pop girl.

fuck them then. M can do her own thing with other producers and maybe even do a better job.

I agree.