New album thread: "official" information. UPDATE: Diplo tweets about "hot" songs

I'm not so sure it's good news. It sounds very Britney/Kylie/Beyoncé. Tons and tons of songs recorded and a pretty random album selection in the end. She usually does less songs for an album.

That's not always true though

That's not always true though

Of course it's not always true, but it's a different way of working for her. The idea that they did like 11 songs with Avicii in one week is a little bit scary to me. Of course, time will tell and I'm very positive about this new album.

I don't think it's about "time" though when you look back at her recording her other albums...

Hard candy was recorded over a full year, in my opinion the result was nowhere near the "quality" or Ray of light, which was amazing, again recoded over a full year.

But then again Like a prayer was licked up in a matter of weeks!!!

One things or sure, madonnas eye is COMPLETLY back on the music....yes she completed 11 songs, but as a deejay in sure avicci had many tunage locked up ready to use for vocals just like Mirwais and Orbit did for a Music and Ray of light!

But she's back in the studio with diplo and continued recording, plus she's hanging out with disclosure so it's sounding like she's surrounding herself with lots of inspiration!

I don't think "time" depicts a great album though.

If the songs are there.....then it doesn't take an eternity to put together.

Of course it's not always true, but it's a different way of working for her. The idea that they did like 11 songs with Avicii in one week is a little bit scary to me. Of course, time will tell and I'm very positive about this new album.

After Superstar and B-Day Song I'm no longer scared. We've been past the worst. Also I have a feeling she recorded the same songs with different producers like Infinity/Give It 2 Me.

I've never gotten this whole idea that rushing to make an album equals less quality.

Madonna isn't, for example sarah maclachlan, who spends five years writing songs then release basically the same album every time.

In my opinion, Madonna's best music is the kind she doesn't labor over forever.

(We know she doesn't like to sing a song too many times while recording)

I wouldn't be surprised if there's a wealth of material with all the sessions she's had, and if she's happy with all of the songs she'll release all of them... Whether that's a double album or a 2 part album.

All this creativity and the art for freedom platform she's created seems to have really focused her musical output.

Who knows what we'll actually get from all this, but I'm 100% sure I'll love it.

I swear no one said MDNA sounded rushed until WO said he would have liked to have more time with it.

Honestly (I love MDNA and don't think the pace of scheduling made any difference on the quality) but people did say it was rushed before WO said it. When he said it, it just gave everyone more ammunition to say "told ya so"...anyway I love MDNA!!! When the FUCK are we getting any news on the new album!!!! I really don't see it happening any time soon anymore :(

I'm sensing early 2015

Maybe they are going to follow the same release pattern as MDNA and tour.

Even if she releases in early 2015, I don't know why some of you act like we should have got official info by now. It's only June, it could easily be released in November and even then we might get info only in September with a single in early October. It wouldn't surprise me at all. I'd rather have the news 2-3 months prior to the release then get a release date 5-6 months earlier (that's what Gaga always does, sorry to bring her into the topic, but she's just the perfect example for that).

Edited by DanM

Even if she releases in early 2015, I don't know why some of you act like we should have got official info by now. It's only June, it could easily be released in November and even then we might get info only in September with a single in early October. It wouldn't surprise me at all. I'd rather have the news 2-3 months prior to the release then get a release date 5-6 months earlier (that's what Gaga always does, sorry to bring her into the topic, but she's just the perfect example for that).

I'm just anxious! I miss my Queen!!!!!

But at the end of the day, we don't know the full content and details of all these sessions. Those 11 songs could have been demos. She could have taken some of those songs to S1 or Diplo.

I swear no one said MDNA sounded rushed until WO said he would have liked to have more time with it.

I remember the "phoned in vocals" comments after the I heart radio mega mix surfaced.

Ultimately, I don't care what anyone else thinks or likes. Madonna hasn't ever disappointed me with her music, and she can take her time if she wants. I'm okay with waiting, but I don't think we're going to have to wait till next year.

The recording process doesn't take as long as it used to. And with all the Macs I saw in the studio pics, those tracks are getting polished up as we speak, with or without Madonna being present.

I remember the "phoned in vocals" comments after the I heart radio mega mix surfaced.

Ultimately, I don't care what anyone else thinks or likes. Madonna hasn't ever disappointed me with her music, and she can take her time if she wants. I'm okay with waiting, but I don't think we're going to have to wait till next year.

The recording process doesn't take as long as it used to. And with all the Macs I saw in the studio pics, those tracks are getting polished up as we speak, with or without Madonna being present.

I agree with everything.

I'm 22, all my best friends LOVE her too!!

I'm 21 and my marginally older friend Rachelle loves her too. Then you have senior members such as Pink Matter and gang bang. It's a broad age range in her fan base.

diplo-madonna-songs-rocks.jpg

Diplo is not bad looking, yum

Mmm.

I couldn't even finish reading that shit. It was so ill-informed. First, I doubt anyone at Interscope has heard the album since they really have no part in the creation of the album. They'll receive it when it's done since they're only licensing it for marketing and distribution. Second, MDNA was hardly "all EDM." It was mostly NOT that.

Interscope are still her bosses and I'm sure they'd want to hear parts of the album along the way since she does represent them and they would need to hear it to develop a marketing strategy months in advance.

Guest Rachelle of London

I'm 21 and my marginally older friend Rachelle loves her too. Then you have senior members such as Pink Matter and gang bang. It's a broad age range in her fan base.

Mmm.

:dead:

Well let's hope their collaboration is successful or he'll be back to slagging her off on twitter in no time.

I recently found out he produced that Nicola Roberts (ginge from Girls Aloud) "Beat of My drum" that they accused Madonna of ripping off for GMAYL. Now I understand why he slagged that song off publicly :rotfl:

Interscope are still her bosses and I'm sure they'd want to hear parts of the album along the way since she does represent them and they would need to hear it to develop a marketing strategy months in advance.

Um no, Interscope is not her boss - they just handle the release of her albums since LN isn't a record label. Madonna doesn't have a "boss" per se since she is such a huge artist and has always guided her own career, but the people who would be closest to that role would be her manager, Guy Oseary, and senior management at Live Nation Entertainment where she has a 360 deal until 2017.

I don't think Madonna really has a boss. Signing with Live Nation, I think Madonna has more freedom than ever before, except that she did sign a contract and is expected to release albums and go on tours to fulfill it. But other than that, she seems to be pretty much on her own

According to Paolo, one of the MadonnaTribe admins, "Quite a bunch of info in that article is pretty accurate tbh."

Those M-Tripe toerags don't know shit and ANGIE CHANG is full of shit. Oh yeah, this place is just overrun with 40 and 50 year olds and Interscope who DISTRIBUTE ONLY are wetting their pants over what direction Madge's next album takes....ugh. Maybe we should have let that twat register here...just to rip it a new one - over and over again.

I recently found out he produced that Nicola Roberts (ginge from Girls Aloud) "Beat of My drum" that they accused Madonna of ripping off for GMAYL. Now I understand why he slagged that song off publicly :rotfl:

Yeah I was gonna say. He slagged it off cause it was a rip-off of the Diplo sound meets Katy Perry. Cut to 2 years later and he's fucking Katy Perry and producing Marge. He could slag it off anyway, with it being cunt awful and all.

Yeah I was gonna say. He slagged it off cause it was a rip-off of the Diplo sound meets Katy Perry. Cut to 2 years later and he's fucking Katy Perry and producing Marge. He could slag it off anyway, with it being cunt awful and all.

IKR. And ginge's song wasn't no friggin masterpiece. He has that douchy attitude about his work that I just don't like. "Oh I didn't even want to work with Beyonce I just did it" "oh I don't even really like my own music tbh"...and tweeting that oh so unfunny Madonna as the original mother of all todays shit music pic a while back. So I'm really just waiting for the "Oh I just worked with Madonna cos she begged me" type of ish at some point in the future.

Don't get me wrong, if he makes great music with Madge then that's fantastic and what really matters...even tho his rightfully rejected Hung Up remix sucked dirty dick :bad: