New album thread: "official" information. UPDATE: Diplo tweets about "hot" songs

"Madonna would be wise to learn from the mistakes of Mariah Carey, Kylie Minogue, Britney Spears and other divas, who face an increasingly ageist music industry. If she wants the album to be any type of success, she has to tone down her image. She has been stuck in a “Look at Me!” rut that is turning off some fans who have stood with her since the beginning."

tumblr_mcqae269i01r350t5o6_250.gif

you didn't get what i'm trying to say. she might have credit as a co-producer and she has musical input in her tracks, but that's not her primary "job" if i can say that. she does not produce music for others, she does not make instrumental songs on her own, she does not go into the studio and create a song alone, therefore it comes as no surprise she has not created a genre :D about the songwriter part i can't argue, i hope she will show her skills on this record.

moving on, diplo just tweeted that his favorite M music video is Justify My Love and his favorite song:

image.jpg

If only he remixed deeper and deeper for the next tour. Btw great answer :D

113966.gif

I was thinking the same things. It is the opposite after Madonna performs as people get to see with their own eyes and ears how great she is. The Superbowl was incredible for her because it seems everyone ( bar her absolute haters ) were extremely impressed. People did not get swayed by bias from certain parts of the media. Apart from pathetic Piers who tried to rain on her parade, she was praised and admired. When people see Madonna perform, they appreciate her more.

As for the age of her fans, what a joke. Just look at this forum. We have fans in their early twenties who are as passionate about Madonna as anyone out there.

I'm 22, all my best friends LOVE her too!!

I'm 22, all my best friends LOVE her too!!

I'm 22 as well and many of my friends like her too. Some of them even came to her concert when she was in my country, though it's a pity they couldn't afford MDNA. :( Obviously I'm the biggest fan among them :p I'd rather spend my money on her tickets then buy something that I can live without.

I kind of am inclined to believe a man who loves Deeper and Deeper and hates GMAYL when he says they ve recorded hot tracks!!! And I think he is soooooooooooo hot. Nice! Thats what Madonna should be fucking :)

I couldn't even finish reading that shit. It was so ill-informed. First, I doubt anyone at Interscope has heard the album since they really have no part in the creation of the album. They'll receive it when it's done since they're only licensing it for marketing and distribution. Second, MDNA was hardly "all EDM." It was mostly NOT that.

you didn't get what i'm trying to say. she might have credit as a co-producer and she has musical input in her tracks, but that's not her primary "job" if i can say that. she does not produce music for others, she does not make instrumental songs on her own, she does not go into the studio and create a song alone, therefore it comes as no surprise she has not created a genre :D about the songwriter part i can't argue, i hope she will show her skills on this record.

moving on, diplo just tweeted that his favorite M music video is Justify My Love and his favorite song:

image.jpg

If only he remixed deeper and deeper for the next tour. Btw great answer :D

DAD is hardly a "deep cut" in her catalogue, but you know he's a FAN for saying that.

Deeper is a great dance track. It has almost the same beat as Vogue but with more percussion...I'd be very happy is they follow in this direction.

Speaking of Deeper and Deeper, this deep house track sampling D&D sounds like a remix by Disclosure. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOwRymGQYUM

Edited by DanM

I'm not so sure it's good news. It sounds very Britney/Kylie/Beyoncé. Tons and tons of songs recorded and a pretty random album selection in the end. She usually does less songs for an album.

She did less songs for MDNA and look the results.