New album thread: "official" information. UPDATE: Diplo tweets about "hot" songs

The launch of the lead single and completion of the album is taking too long. If she stopped wasting so much time posting embarrassing selfies on Instagram and opening those stupid gyms in third world countries we'd already have new music now. And I believe she's getting nowhere in the studio and getting a lot of dud tracks with all these deejays. She needs to work with real musicians instead of flavor of the month deejays who just push a few buttons on their computers.

Can somebody put this shit for brains mother fucker out of his misery? BAN!

Rihanna's biggest hits are all featuring some other artists.. if not Eminem it's Drake if it's not Drake it's someone like Jay Z and if it's no hip hop artist is some popular DJ like Calvin Harris.

Diamonds didn't have no one else but it wasn't as big as We Found Love or even What's My Name?

Her latest chart success was Stay which guess what? Was another track featuring another artist.. Anyone remember her Guetta produced Right Now? Exactly.... Anybody should know she's never been consistent with her singles...

Rihanna is not so different from Gaga or Mariah in that respect.. she has tons of hits and many number ones but a lot of them are not solo offering which is kind of strange considering she wasn't around that long but they had already felt the need to pair her up with some other big names to raise her profile. It's happened with Mariah Carey as well... not even 4 years into her career she needed the help of Boyz II Men to achieve one of her biggest hits. It's all come down to hype just like in the case of Gaga... Let's hype up all these bitches and the world will believe how huge and big they are...

This is all true.. every other female artsist has had to attatch themselves to other artists, just to get to where Madonna was 10 years ago

What I don't understand is that Madonna has already done that damage to her career by working with Britney and Justin.. so why doesn't she do it proper and get some massive #1 hits again ... I fucking love Rihanna.. a duet with Madonna would do well!!

Interscope replaced its CEO and head of A&R last month. They are both young men under 40. I don't know if that could have any impact on Madonna and the new album but it's an interesting development.

http://www.billboard.com/biz/articles/news/record-labels/6099404/john-janick-jimmy-iovine-interscope-geffen-am

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/music/posts/la-et-ms-john-ehmann-interscope-geffen-20140604-story.html

Madge gave the record distribution rights to UMG mostly because of Lovine.

Will the new young guy cut down Madge's new album promotion budget?