New album thread: "official" information. UPDATE: Diplo tweets about "hot" songs

Hi I'm new here. This is my second post, but I wanted to say that I'm very excited for the upcoming album.

I think Madonna is working very, VERY hard on it. All the people she is writing with, producing with, collaborating with. She has a whole organization of talent working hard on this project. Didn't she even somehow involve Ferrell?

Just have patience you guys. It will be amazing!

Edited by AcrossTheSky

wow, it's been a long time since there were such big artists releasing at the same time! Adele is maybe the most anticipated, Take That are so massive in Europe, the same with U2. Rihanna will release a monster hit!

Nice surprises in near future!

Hi I'm new here. This is my second post, but I wanted to say that I'm very excited for the upcoming album.

I think Madonna is working very, VERY hard on it. All the people she is writing with, producing with, collaborating with. She has a whole organization of talent working hard on this project. Didn't she even somehow involve Ferrell?

Welcome AcrossTheSky. Keep on posting.

welcome! great post :)

wow, it's been a long time since there were such big artists releasing at the same time! Adele is maybe the most anticipated, Take That are so massive in Europe, the same with U2. Rihanna will release a monster hit!

Nice surprises in near future!

The big sellers from that list will be from Adele, Rihanna, U2 and maybe Buble.

Take That aren't very popular outside of the UK and Olly Murs is a big fat nothing. I don't think much of Subo's chances either. Her sales have decreased considerably...

Susan-Boyle-Dancing.gif

Adele's will be MASSIVE and i'm really excited about that album. I had no idea Gwen was recording, let's hope it's more like L.A.M.B instead of the dreadful "Sweet Escape".

Who else is releasing?

I don't have high hopes for the next album. It seems that she only spent a couple of weeks in the studio and she's concentrated on other things now. I don't expect a new sound or groundbreaking songs. Another MDNA with better production would be nice...

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Guest Rachelle of London

The likes of Subo and Buble do sell loads during he holiday season. M has to time this perfectly. Rihanna will release in November as she usually does, m should avoid that. Rihanna's last album sold nearly double in a month than MDNA did the whole year, the press will be jumping at the chance to do the whole competition thing.

Guest Rachelle of London

Who cares about chart????

I do. Madonnas not an indie artist, she's a chart topper! Even her "flop" albums top the charts. She needs to be on top where she belongs not in the middle like the others

I do. Madonnas not an indie artist, she's a chart topper! Even her "flop" albums top the charts. She needs to be on top where she belongs not in the middle like the others

she ll be on the top if it brings money....we know tours do...so...she ll dropp an album...and go on tour in 2015. thats it. and i like it.

Guest Rachelle of London

she ll be on the top if it brings money....we know tours do...so...she ll dropp an album...and go on tour in 2015. thats it. and i like it.

You can't just rely upon the tour though. M needs a strong album to base the tour on. A successful album is a double win. Tickets won't sell themselves. Why would a fan not want that? Deep down we all want Madonna to have a successful album.

I want a late October release. The first week will be massive anyway. Then right after Halloween sales are very good. We should take advantage of every single day of November. Confessions missed 2 weeks of sales in November.

Taylor Swift and Adele can mess things up. They're gonna open with 1m in the US and sell like 300-400k 2nd week. Very tricky to pick the right date.

i wonder if Adele could shit out 1.5 million in the first week (US only) or is that way too high? I'm sure her new campaign will be massively front-loaded anyway, and the longevity will depend on whether the album is any good or not.

Taylor Swift and Adele can mess things up. They're gonna open with 1m in the US and sell like 300-400k 2nd week. Very tricky to pick the right date.

Toilet Swift gonna release ANOTHER teen shit album?

Err maybe she should release in 2015 lol Too many big sellers releasing and Adele and Taylor will top all.

Yes hitting #1 is great, but sales and longevity is more important. A fall release is much more likely to sell well, regardless of what the chart position is. We've had three spring releases in the last 11 years and they've all hit #1 but sold less than 1m. If she can't squeeze this out by fall, then she will suffer the consequences next spring and we'll all be lamenting how she's joined the flop diva list.

people still thinks longevity exists in music industry? (and when that happens it means selling like 20k a week....). even if there are big names (and most of them will drop to near to zero copies sold after 1st week), this doesn't means there are no slots....

hope for a great promo letting notice the general audience as much great songs as possible (aehrm.....if the right songs are chosen....)...this for a great tour...

since when people are worried about competition from the likes of riri or anybody else?

Who cares about chart????

To be honest, I think we all love when Madonna is on top, breaking her own records and having smash hit singles and winning awards. I love it when it happens. I want her to do well in that regard.

But on the other hand I just want some new music from her. The kind of gratification that I get from her music is something that I can not get from anyone or anything else in this world. She makes me feel good. And in the end this is all that matters to me. She never failed me in that regard, even with HC which is my least favorite album.

To be honest, I think we all love when Madonna is on top, breaking her own records and having smash hit singles and winning awards. I love it when it happens. I want her to do well in that regard.

But on the other hand I just want some new music from her. The kind of gratification that I get from her music is something that I can not get from anyone or anything else in this world. She makes me feel good. And in the end this is all that matters to me. She never failed me in that regard, even with HC which is my least favorite album.

+1

It's sad that we live in a world where a Toilet Swift album will open with 1m copies in the US. Why the fuck is she so successful, her music is average at best, I don't get it.

Anyway, I'm sure M will do fine if the first song is good and a hit. And even if it's not a hit, she will open with decent numbers and show all pop tarts how it's done.

As Raf said so nicely, at the end of the day I just want new M music because it makes me feel good.

Guest Rachelle of London

:clap:

Adele or Taylor Swift or even Rihanna are not necessarily going to sell big. What if the public won't respond to their releases? There's so many examples in the music business of artists having massive albums (Jagged Little Pill by Alanis Morissette or even Music by Madonna) and their next offering was really embarrassing and didn't sell much (Supposedly Former Infatuation Junkie and American Life - by the way, i love the album i 'm just reflecting on its chart performance).

Rihanna is most likely to have a massive hit but Diamonds wasn't as big as We Found Love or What's My Name.. Her latest album was so so and she might release a single that's not going to the right direction. i love Riahnna but even her reached a point in her career where nothing's for granted.

Swift might have a better chance as she's made it really big with her latest album but as someone was pointing out her sound is very teen orientated and she might want to sway a little bit into a more mature sound which is very risky.

Adele is definitely the one to watch as she sold so much with her last album breaking records and selling millions but once again what if she does an Alanis?? And if her latest single (James Bond OST - Skyfall) is any indication she's not so hugely popular as anyone might think.

Madonna could be the dark horse.. Compared to the above mentioned she doesn't seem to have a chance but she might actually have something really good and the public might warm up to her again... who knows?

Today music business is so precarious nothing's for certain.. just look at Gaga's case. She was so huge only 5 years ago now she's barely breathing..Madonna's legend nothing will change that but it would be nice to still see her inspiring people again.

I'd like to see a webcast or YouTube show at the album launch with a few appearances on us and European shows just to spread the word. People in the US are still curious about what she does and says, so do Jimmy Fallon and Ellen and the promo would be enough to at least get people to watch the webcast. Kinda like how she did the letterman appearance in 2000 in advance of the Roseland and Brixton gigs.