New album thread: "official" information. UPDATE: Diplo tweets about "hot" songs

Anyone that likes Phil Dunphy is brilliant

I'm in love with him. The boy got me watching that programme and I was all like 'OMG I love it'. Surprisingly.

I never said Madonna invented the Daft Punk sound.

Certainly the Daft Punk sound is a retro/futuristic sound. It was born in France.. and Madonna did work with Mirwais... so you guys are telling me that the Mirwais sound is not similar to the Daft Punk sound??

Funny how Daft Punk released Around The World in 1997 but it became a hit in the 2000's after Madonna already released Music ( (which again had a retro/ futuristic sound and vocodors)

So it's okay to be a fan of Madonna but it's not okay to give credit to the woman because you'd rather put me down than agree with me??!!

You really need a history lesson.

"Last summer I was in New York, and in a concert, these two fine young gentlemen played for me. They're from Reigate, Surrey. They're called Disclosure and they make me wanna sshhhhhake it!"

:wow:

Croydon as far as I know.

I found this on Madonnachile. It was posted by a member who seems reliable. He registered in 2006.

I found this on Madonnachile. It was posted by a member who seems reliable. He registered in 2006.

I have to admit that I have not been happy with Madonna for sometime. I have complained about her laziness and not caring about her music. I am now proved wrong. A designer friend who just did London fashion week had a long 128 clip as he wanted to use it for his show. Eventually Madonna's people said no, it was too early to launch. It was fucking amazing. It us no Hard a Candy or MDNA. It's nothing really new, but definitely a new sound for her. The closest sound is Saturday Night by Natalia Kills which should be of no surprise.

Saturday Night was my jam last summer, but that's what I was afraid of. I don't want Madonna to copy the sound of Natalia Kills, I don't think it would suit her and even if it does it's nothing new, but i'm gonna wait to make my final judgement.

I have to laugh at fans saying they have not been happy with Madona for sometime and complaining about her laziness and not caring about her music.

Seriously, why do they bother being fans ? Madonna has not got a lazy bone in her body and if she did not care about her music, she would have retired on her millions years ago. The person posting on Madonnachile that you are quoting, should just move on.

I have to laugh at fans saying they have not been happy with Madona for sometime and complaining about her laziness and not caring about her music.

Seriously, why do they bother being fans ? Madonna has not got a lazy bone in her body and if she did not care about her music, she would have retired on her millions years ago. The person posting on Madonnachile that you are quoting, should just move on.

The wording might be shit but we all know what this fan wants to say.

I know right? It's a very stupid thing to say

They always sound oh so credible when they throw in a contradiction..... :lol:

I know right? It's a very stupid thing to say

Not really. It makes perfect sense to me because it's 2014 it's hard if not impossible to create a new genre of music no one has ever done before, but there are lots of musical areas Madonna could explore that she hasn't on her previous records that would be new for her.

Not really. It makes perfect sense to me because it's 2014 it's hard if not impossible to create a new genre of music no one has ever done before, but there are lots of musical areas Madonna could explore that she hasn't on her previous records that would be new for her.

Madonna never was the creator of a new genre of music. Never. Not only once. She picked the sound of the producers she liked and used it for her record. She always managed to make the sound personal, for sure. Sometimes she started trends (ROL, COADF) but she never created a new kind of music.

Edited by _Gark

Of course she has never created a genre. She is a singer, not a music producer. However, she could be ahead of the game and work with producers that are not overexposed and no one really collaborated with them before. Working with Disclosure is a step towards that, so I'm hoping she does not only hang out with them for fun or a remix. :)

Madonna never was the creator of a new genre of music. Never. Not only once. She picked the sound of the producers she liked and used it for her record. She always managed to make the sound personal, for sure. Sometimes she started trends (ROL, COADF) but she never created a new kind of music.

Exactly. She has started trends and even brought different genres to the mainstream, but these genres always existed before her. And it's quite amazing what she did. She always made it work for her, and I have never felt that Madonna doing different genres was phony or contrived.

^ She's mastered the art of taking different pop styles and making it her own. MASTERED IT, I SAY! That's why she's been able to hold onto fans for over 30 years. Records may be different, the interest is kept up, but it's still undeniably HER. That's again why I say, the producers aren't extremely important to me. She Madonna-izes it.

^ She's mastered the art of taking different pop styles and making it her own. MASTERED IT, I SAY! That's why she's been able to hold onto fans for over 30 years. Records may be different, the interest is kept up, but it's still undeniably HER. That's again why I say, the producers aren't extremely important to me. She Madonna-izes it.

She is a true chameleon yet always manages to bring that Madonna essence to her projects. She is truly one of a kind.

Of course she has never created a genre. She is a singer, not a music producer. However, she could be ahead of the game and work with producers that are not overexposed and no one really collaborated with them before. Working with Disclosure is a step towards that, so I'm hoping she does not only hang out with them for fun or a remix. :)

what? she has never created a new genre, but she is both a songwriter AND a producer.

She's had a producer credit on almost all of her musical output since 1986. And the list of co producers that will testify that fact is long.

She may not be a genre creator, but she's certainly been keen to mix a few here and there.

...and I think whoever she's working with will be touched by the legendary Madonna studio charm.

Honestly, I liked disclosure's album for a minute. But I don't know how their sound is developing. Aviici's album was good enough for me, Diplo is a bit too dancehall for my taste and I'll have to hear it.

I'm excited to hear everything. I might even be okay with a duet this time around!

what? she has never created a new genre, but she is both a songwriter AND a producer.

you didn't get what i'm trying to say. she might have credit as a co-producer and she has musical input in her tracks, but that's not her primary "job" if i can say that. she does not produce music for others, she does not make instrumental songs on her own, she does not go into the studio and create a song alone, therefore it comes as no surprise she has not created a genre :D about the songwriter part i can't argue, i hope she will show her skills on this record.

moving on, diplo just tweeted that his favorite M music video is Justify My Love and his favorite song:

image.jpg

If only he remixed deeper and deeper for the next tour. Btw great answer :D

"Madonna would be wise to learn from the mistakes of Mariah Carey, Kylie Minogue, Britney Spears and other divas, who face an increasingly ageist music industry. If she wants the album to be any type of success, she has to tone down her image. She has been stuck in a “Look at Me!” rut that is turning off some fans who have stood with her since the beginning."

What a pile of shit.

The article is filled with ridiculous comments. When have Madonna's performances been bashed? The Super Bowl and her tour got mostly great reviews. Her performances are her strength more so than interviews or other forms of promotion.

Toning down her image is another ridiculous thing. Pop music by its nature is tied into image and the visual look. No one wants to see Madonna or any other pop star dressed like a normal person going to an office job.

Also, when it says Madonna's fans are in their 40's and 50's. Yes, she has some but she has also quite a few younger fans, not teenagers, but people in their late 20's or 30's. Her fanbase is not as old as some other artists her same age.

Madonna's fans are mostly in their 40s and 50s? :lmao:

This is news to me because every time I have seen her live the majority of the crowd was in their 20s and 30s.

And just look at her recent tour DVDs for Sticky and Sweet and MDNA. Do the crowd shots look like places filled with 40 and 50 year olds?

And what is the bullshit about Madonna being bashed after her performances? She has only performed on TV twice as far as I can recall in the last how many years? The Super Bowl which got rave reviews, and with Mac and Ryan Lewis which was hardly a performance.

And Britney is only in her early 30s for crying out loud. Radio is ageist, but they aren't THAT ageist.....yet....

I was thinking the same things. It is the opposite after Madonna performs as people get to see with their own eyes and ears how great she is. The Superbowl was incredible for her because it seems everyone ( bar her absolute haters ) were extremely impressed. People did not get swayed by bias from certain parts of the media. Apart from pathetic Piers who tried to rain on her parade, she was praised and admired. When people see Madonna perform, they appreciate her more.

As for the age of her fans, what a joke. Just look at this forum. We have fans in their early twenties who are as passionate about Madonna as anyone out there.

Just thinking hear in the uk X factor starts in late august early september i don't no when the other parts of the world get started but do you think M might release something around this time of the X factor starting? Its tv at the end of the day and all you talking about her live performances made me think what a great way to promote the single and album at the same time also with Christmas coming up what a great way for exposure. I remember when music was released hear in the uk channel 4 had like a Madonna night and top of the pops had her on performing music and don't tell me. Ho them where the days.

I was thinking the same things. It is the opposite after Madonna performs as people get to see with their own eyes and ears how great she is. The Superbowl was incredible for her because it seems everyone ( bar her absolute haters ) were extremely impressed. People did not get swayed by bias from certain parts of the media. Apart from pathetic Piers who tried to rain on her parade, she was praised and admired. When people see Madonna perform, they appreciate her more.

As for the age of her fans, what a joke. Just look at this forum. We have fans in their early twenties who are as passionate about Madonna as anyone out there.

Me, I'm 21