New album thread: "official" information. UPDATE: Diplo tweets about "hot" songs

How exciting! I wonder if her unapologetic bitch attitude means that we may get a perf of "Human Nature" on the tour? I mean, it's so rarely performed! :wow:

Did I SAY

Somethin' TRUE?

Oops

I didn't know

I couldn't TALK 'BOUT

*DOORSLAM*

:rotfl:

Maybe she will finally perform Theif Of Hearts

Stop BITCH

Now sit your ass down

How exciting! I wonder if her unapologetic bitch attitude means that we may get a perf of "Human Nature" on the tour? I mean, it's so rarely performed! :wow:

Did I SAY

Somethin' TRUE?

Oops

I didn't know

I couldn't TALK 'BOUT

*DOORSLAM*

Duh - an electro-acoustic Mongolian version is in order.

Does she have to keep going on about being a bitch?

I'd love Sadonna back instead… #bedtimestories #usedtobemyplayground

Kinda agree. I'd love a Warriordonna but with sad undertones. A story of hymns and ballads. :cries:

Anyway, I'm pretty sure I'll love #UNAPOLOGETICBITCHDONNA1111!!!!!11 as well.

So who's this friend?? Name and shame. Now!

I personally don't believe Daft Punk don't want to work with Madonna... If anything Madonna started all this Daft Punk sound when she released Music! So i think they do owe her in a sense... All Around The World was released in 1997 but it only became a huge hit years later... after Madonna had already released Music, playing that sound to a worldwide audience.

If anything i do think it's Madonna who wouldn't work with them... she might say nice things about them but when it comes down to it she made their sound popular with Mirwais (French producer by the way) before they ever did.

I can guarantee if some big name refuses to work with Madonna that would be picked up by the media.. Prodigy refused to produce Ray Of Light and everybody knows it.. Madonna always mentions the people who don't want to work with her.. In a way she names them and shames them lol Who can forget when she deliberately said Gaga wouldn't perform with her? Or Goldie not getting in touch with her after she had sent him the Little Star demo? Trust me we wouldn't need the opinion of your buddy to know if some top producer refuses to work with her...

so who's this friend of yours??

OMG MADONNA INVENTED THE DAFT PUNK SOUND. :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead:

So who's this friend?? Name and shame. Now!

I personally don't believe Daft Punk don't want to work with Madonna... If anything Madonna started all this Daft Punk sound when she released Music! So i think they do owe her in a sense... All Around The World was released in 1997 but it only became a huge hit years later... after Madonna had already released Music, playing that sound to a worldwide audience.

If anything i do think it's Madonna who wouldn't work with them... she might say nice things about them but when it comes down to it she made their sound popular with Mirwais (French producer by the way) before they ever did.

I can guarantee if some big name refuses to work with Madonna that would be picked up by the media.. Prodigy refused to produce Ray Of Light and everybody knows it.. Madonna always mentions the people who don't want to work with her.. In a way she names them and shames them lol Who can forget when she deliberately said Gaga wouldn't perform with her? Or Goldie not getting in touch with her after she had sent him the Little Star demo? Trust me we wouldn't need the opinion of your buddy to know if some top producer refuses to work with her...

so who's this friend of yours??

tumblr_lrxhjuNaBt1qb1xeo.gif

In what alternative world have you lived? Daft Punk's ATW was in heavy rotation on MTV right about the time when The Prodigy hit #1 in the Billboard 200 in the summer of 1997. It went to #1 in the Hot Dance Club Play charts in August but by no means it was a huge hit in America then or anytime later. "Music" was huge in American but I fail to remember any other song by any artist that had that sound that was a success in the US afterwards. DAD being the only exception since DTM and WIFLFAG don't really bring DP to mind.

In what alternative world have you lived? Daft Punk's ATW was in heavy rotation on MTV right about the time when The Prodigy hit #1 in the Billboard 200 in the summer of 1997. It went to #1 in the Hot Dance Club Play charts in August but by no means it was a huge hit in America then or anytime later. "Music" was huge in American but I fail to remember any other song by any artist that had that sound that was a success in the US afterwards. DAD being the only exception since DTM and WIFLFAG don't really bring DP to mind.

It's nice to see you post some text for a change :thumbsup:

THIS. Mirwais was a total Daft Punk knock-off. I love Music and a lot of what he did with M after that, but while DP were hardly the only ones doing the French filter disco thing, they were one of the pioneers. No, their early songs didn't get any pop radio airplay or anything like that, but neither did Lana Del Rey and we all knew who she was before that "Summertime Sadness" remix. DP don't owe Madonna shit. And the idea of them working together NOW after she did that whole sound over a decade ago is just stupid. I want something new and different from Madonna.

The only reason why I would welcome a Madonna/DP collaboration is because they are absolute perfectionists in the studio. They tested 30 microphones or something silly like that before they found the vocoder effect they liked. Same with Mirwais, I remember Madonna once said that she had to go into the studio and told him to stop, the song is finished. Daft Punk also showed that they can create brilliant slow songs (Tron Legacy Soundtrack) with strings and an orchestra and all. So, while it's true that they can't bring anything new to the table because their sound is well-known by now and replicated a million times, it would have been interesting to see what they would created with Madonna's talent and her sense of creating great melodies. But enough of that, it ain't gonna happen.

Let's get excited about her (possible) collaboration with Disclosure instead because the kids know their shit and I'm sure Mama is gonna sound amazing on their tracks. :tigger:

It's nice to see you post some text for a change :thumbsup:

Thanks Whoopie.

thumb_bedtimstorybrit1995.gif

Me. I'm Mnino... The Elusive Observer.

...today is the last day, that I'm using words...

thumb_2004reinventiontourbackdropbedtime

I'm sure Pharrell studio time was planned out ages ago. He is a very busy guy, he was probably on her wanted list of people to work with. I hope Disclosure are next!

Looks very much likely we get a November release.

N4P showed me this on instagram. It's a bit of a stretch, but it's something to consider.

tumblr_n70gsrLjVw1r7690no1_400.jpg

Tell n4p to post that here on the forum!

Have any of us mentioned or considered she might pull a JT and release a double album? Contract fulfilled, and then your and release her music independently thereafter? I only say this because there could be a lot of leftover tracks from the previous sessions earlier this year, or so it was stated by that producer/songwriter.

Just a thought. Album 1 in fall, album 2 in spring.

Have any of us mentioned or considered she might pull a JT and release a double album? Contract fulfilled, and then your and release her music independently thereafter? I only say this because there could be a lot of leftover tracks from the previous sessions earlier this year, or so it was stated by that producer/songwriter.

Just a thought. Album 1 in fall, album 2 in spring.

Interesting but I don't see her doing it tho I can see her pulling a JT for the first single, something like: "my new single drops tomorrow".

For most of this year so far, Nile Rodgers has been working on a newChic album. So far he’s confirmed that the record will feature present-day superstars, like David Guetta and Avicii. He’s also using old demos, from when he was working with David Bowie in 1983, as the record’s basis — what he calls the “Lost Chic Tapes.”

But as revealed today, the resurgent producer and guitarist also plans to have his past and present collide onone song. “I’m just finishing up a new song for CHIC that’s going to feature almost everybody that’s ever sung with me,” he said on Twitter. “I can’t wait to do that session.”

If production credits count, then “everybody” would include Michael Jackson, Paul Simon and Bob Dylan.Diana Ross, Duran Duran and INXS. It would include Madonna and Grace Jones. Pharrell and Daft Punk, certainly. Disclosure and Sam Smith. Adam Lambert. The mere thought of hearing everybody who’s sung with Rodgers, ever, on one song – it’s almost too much greatness to handle.

Keep your fingers crossed.

http://www.idolator.com/7522284/nile-rodgers-chic-new-album-2014?mobile_redirect=false

I love the idea of a double album.

But iTunes has cursed us. Ever since Beyoncé released her album and that article was released about someone else doing a surprise release, we all think Madonna is gonna do it too or do something completely different.

I think it might he safe to assume it's just going to be another traditional album

For most of this year so far, Nile Rodgers has been working on a newChic album. So far hes confirmed that the record will feature present-day superstars, like David Guetta and Avicii. Hes also using old demos, from when he was working with David Bowie in 1983, as the records basis what he calls the Lost Chic Tapes.

But as revealed today, the resurgent producer and guitarist also plans to have his past and present collide onone song. Im just finishing up a new song for CHIC thats going to feature almost everybody thats ever sung with me, he said on Twitter. I cant wait to do that session.

If production credits count, then everybody would include Michael Jackson, Paul Simon and Bob Dylan.Diana Ross, Duran Duran and INXS. It would include Madonna and Grace Jones. Pharrell and Daft Punk, certainly. Disclosure and Sam Smith. Adam Lambert. The mere thought of hearing everybody whos sung with Rodgers, ever, on one song its almost too much greatness to handle.

Keep your fingers crossed.

http://www.idolator.com/7522284/nile-rodgers-chic-new-album-2014?mobile_redirect=false

Wow amazing

I hope he releases his unused remixes of LAV and MG. Someone should tweet that to him, if he has a twitter that is...

Guest Rachelle of London

Wow amazing

I hope he releases his unused remixes of LAV and MG. Someone should tweet that to him, if he has a twitter that is...

He does. He's quite active on twitter and usually responds @nilerodgers

I never said Madonna invented the Daft Punk sound.

Certainly the Daft Punk sound is a retro/futuristic sound. It was born in France.. and Madonna did work with Mirwais... so you guys are telling me that the Mirwais sound is not similar to the Daft Punk sound??

Funny how Daft Punk released Around The World in 1997 but it became a hit in the 2000's after Madonna already released Music ( (which again had a retro/ futuristic sound and vocodors)

So it's okay to be a fan of Madonna but it's not okay to give credit to the woman because you'd rather put me down than agree with me??!!

I never said Madonna invented the Daft Punk sound.

Certainly the Daft Punk sound is a retro/futuristic sound. It was born in France.. and Madonna did work with Mirwais... so you guys are telling me that the Mirwais sound is not similar to the Daft Punk sound??

Funny how Daft Punk released Around The World in 1997 but it became a hit in the 2000's after Madonna already released Music ( (which again had a retro/ futuristic sound and vocodors)

So it's okay to be a fan of Madonna but it's not okay to give credit to the woman because you'd rather put me down than agree with me??!!

You are confusing Around the world with One more Time i guess. Daft Punk were very popular back in 1997/1998