Billboard clip discussion: NOT Madonna. The show is over say goodbye (Say Goodbye)

A few observations...

1. Nile Rodgers has said last year he wants Chic to have another #1 hit and will release new Chic material in 2014.

2. Nile Rodgers last year worked with Daft Punk, and is looking to Daft Punk to return the favour [the clip sounds Daft Punk-esque

3. Chic as a band are the very definition of 'Shape-shifting', whether it be the dance moves, or literally [they've had something like 40 different members over the decades, hence constantly changing shape, or Nile himself being artist, collaborator, contributor, group member of many acts over the years.

4. The word 'vogue' was mentioned in the Billboard thing ... 'vogue' is a French word for style. 'chic' is also a French word for style.

5. The use of the term 'flawless fit' has had to be wedged into the sentence - not the best description, so has been placed there with a purpose... 'chic' is a term that could be used to describe something that is considered a 'flawless fit'.

6. Nile Rodgers has just finished filming a video

7. Dance legend could describe Madonna, though is perhaps too narrow a distinction for someone who is across many genres a legend.

8. 'Disco is back' is the premise of the write up; Chic are disco.

9. 'We R Superstars' has the essence of Chic positivity through it ['Good Times'; 'Everybody Dance', 'You Are Beautiful'] and being plural works on both levels - the act describing themselves and / or us all.

If it's not Chic / Nile Rodgers I'll chuck a fiver on outside chance of George Michael.

Thanks for doing a summary of the things that I've been saying for the last three or four weeks. :thumbsup:

If it's Nile Rodgers, why does Billboard say that the artist is "taking cues from a Daft Punk playlist?" If he's responsible for disco, he doesn't need to be taking cues from another group that does the same thing he does. That would be an insulting way to describe your new disco track. That's what I don't get about the Nile suggestion.

If you listen to the record it sounds like Daft Punk. I played it for a friend today and she said immediately 'is this Daft Punk?'. He worked with them and they've had one of the most successful records in a long time...Billboard is not a serious musical journal. It's based on CHART HITS...Think about it.

If it's not Madonna, it's not the end of the world. Everybody should calm down here. Whoever did this song, it surely will be succesful.

But it's something Madonna already did before (Music from Confessions Tour), and she did better music too.

STEREOGUM: If you could get one person you haven’t worked with yet as a dream collaboration for the next record, who would it be?

HOWARD: A lot of the people that would be dream collaborations for the next record, we are working with, so we can’t tell you. (laughter)

From this interview with Disclosure it's obvious they are talking about Madonna! Can't wait for Disclosure ft. Madonna.

From this interview with Disclosure it's obvious they are talking about Madonna! Can't wait for Disclosure ft. Madonna.

They are talking about collaborations on THEIR record. So if it is Madonna...it's not for her new album. :rotfl:

According to drownedmadonna the billboard clip is not Madonna's. Sorry if already posted:

EXCLUSIVE - We know that you are all excited due to all the rumours going around these weeks. We at DrrownedMadonna.com have some important info to share with all Madonna's fans.

Madonna's upcoming album is not close to being done yet! She is working hard to record a gorgeous album.

Our reliable sources told us that Her Madgesty is not going to follow Beyoncé. Her next album won't be a surprise a la Beyoncé.

We are also sad to tell you that the Billboard snippet that we all loved is not Madonna's.

Stay tuned at DrownedMadonna for more exclusive news...

Read more: http://drownedmadonna.com/index/item/809-all-the-truth-on-madonnas-upcoming-album.html#ixzz344XEQ5Hp

According to drownedmadonna the billboard clip is not Madonna's. Sorry if already posted:

EXCLUSIVE - We know that you are all excited due to all the rumours going around these weeks. We at DrrownedMadonna.com have some important info to share with all Madonna's fans.

Madonna's upcoming album is not close to being done yet! She is working hard to record a gorgeous album.

Our reliable sources told us that Her Madgesty is not going to follow Beyoncé. Her next album won't be a surprise a la Beyoncé.

We are also sad to tell you that the Billboard snippet that we all loved is not Madonna's.

Stay tuned at DrownedMadonna for more exclusive news...

Read more: http://drownedmadonna.com/index/item/809-all-the-truth-on-madonnas-upcoming-album.html#ixzz344XEQ5Hp[/size]

Oops... Looks like she isn't coming after all !!

I hope it's the same reliable source, who told them she will perform Ray Of Light and Hung Up at the Super Bowl and that GMAYL will be remixed by Solveig, Orbit and Benassi as well.

they have no exclusive they are just guessing.

Unikely as I suspect they would not make that bold a statement without a really good source . THAT SUCKS...I was really hoping it was her:(

EDIT......DanM you may have a point....I take that back...lol

Since the beginning I haven't felt it was Madonna and instead assumed it was Nile. I always said I could be completely wrong though.

Unikely as I suspect they would not make that bold a statement without a really good source . THAT SUCKS...I was really hoping it was her:(

Well...it's kind of a 'no shit, Sherlock' deal at this point and to be honest they always post fake 'news'.

They are talking about collaborations on THEIR record. So if it is Madonna...it's not for her new album.

Even better! She would get more credibility if she sings for them.. and it would also introduce Madonna to their younger fans.

Also, if the album is not finished who's to say she's not collaborating with them and put the track/tracks in both albums like she did with Mirwais? "Paradise (Not For Me)" was included in both albums, as well.

Edited by MeakMaker

Drowned Madonna know fuck all, let's face it. Drowned Madonna. :rotfl: Burned alive Madonna. :rotfl: Beheaded Madonna. :dead:

OMFG i thought it was just me thinking it's the most bizarre site name. at one point I thought it was a stupid joke I missed because English is not my first language. seriously "drowned madonna"? :lmao: