Billboard clip discussion: NOT Madonna. The show is over say goodbye (Say Goodbye)

If Billboard announce they had to beg the shape-shifting legend to have a snippet of the new single 1 month ago and we now find out the track has been played and streamed on the net since February it means a big act (The shape shifting legend) has made a song with the instrumental. Obviously a singer heard this instrumental and decided to make it her own and make a song with vocals on it.

That's the only possibility that makes sense, i mean come on Billboard is not your average amateur blog, they're the worldwide reference when it comes to music, they're not THAT silly.

It's not worldwide. It's American.

Since when has Billboard been considered National Geographic or something? Especially some online tidbit? and if they did demean Madonna (the POP LEGEND nay MUSIC LEGEND) as merely a "dance legend" then they can fuck right off.

Oh and to those saying that Madonnanation is negative...it isn't. There's a difference between wondering what could be happening and presenting rumours as fact. Several of you have said 'OF COURSE IT'S MADONNA...HOW COULD ANYBODY THINK OTHERWISE?!' so don't conveniently forget that you did. If we want to have a laugh at people's hysterical ramblings and Lucky Guy style conspiracy theories then what's the big problem?

Old news.

Well, with 4 threads discussing the same subject it's hard to keep track sometimes as there is a lot of overlap! Sorry if I'm repeating old info...

No, it's Inside Out by Ellie Lawson - it's literally the same backing track as Time Stood Still.

Wow, she completely ruined the song. Too fast melody on the vocals compared to the instrumental, sounds like a mash up. Of course different people, different tastes :D

Anyway, at this point it would be fantastic if M indeed released a single tomorrow and it would be much better than the "Billboard snippet", which I find quite boring after all this shit, the longer version is so repetitive and I dislike the We-R-Superstars vocoder bits, an obvious Daft Punk rip-off, We're up all night to get lucky. However, if she adds her vocals and reworks the instrumental to have more segments, then it still can be a really great song.

I dont remember anyone posting the actual DJ set so Robster you are first as always :). Thank you!

I saw a comment on soundcloud that Kleinenberg played it, looked for the set myself and posted it 9 hours ago, but it's okay :D No hard feelings.

Oh and to those saying that Madonnanation is negative...it isn't. There's a difference between wondering what could be happening and presenting rumours as fact. Several of you have said 'OF COURSE IT'S MADONNA...HOW COULD ANYBODY THINK OTHERWISE?!' so don't conveniently forget that you did. If we want to have a laugh at people's hysterical ramblings and Lucky Guy style conspiracy theories then what's the big problem?

i agree. i also don't think it's negative. personally I prefer to just let people be. some are perhaps more cautious with their two feed on the ground and others like to be very optimistic and get excited with every snippet or hint. that's what makes forums so interesting. diversity.

thakns rob for sharing! do I hear audience in the background getting excited when the song plays? i hear more background noise.

The full track from Tong's full set WAS posted ages ago, they're both the same, so whatever.

The kleinenberg track, from long long ago, are people still hearing apologetic/unapologetic bitch in it? :bad:

Well, with 4 threads discussing the same subject it's hard to keep track sometimes as there is a lot of overlap! Sorry if I'm repeating old info...

Fair enough. At least it didn't cause a new set of meltdowns. :lol: I think there must be something wrong when people start to believe that lyrics from her first album are the lyrics on her soon to be released single. :lol: Slow down everybody. One thing it does mean is that everybody is ready and willing to get fucked in the eyes and ears by a new Madonna project. :inlove:

I dont remember anyone posting the actual DJ set so Robster you are first as always :). Thank you!

yousure.gif

Hmmm with the drownedmadonna statement coming in it's rather confusing!

We recorded solidly for a month then took a break....

Time enough to complete some new material (perhaps not a WHOLE album)

With the 2new magazine shoots, and the Instagram teasing which did include a mock-up single cover....with a tag "you heard it", and the rather delicious billboard clip which wasn't HEAVILY publicised....(avoiding too much press could just push the reveal early) it would seem things were hotting up for a new single!

That said, she's certainly putting herself out there more for fans now she's on social media....

But I agree the hype is ONLY on here for hardcore fans.....but a perfect way to create a "buzz" is exactly what she's doing now....

Getting friendly with DJs and whoring some instrumentals about (if it's her) to test the waters!

I can't believe it's all been for nothing?

One things for sure in MY mind, there's no way the new album will be sat "on ice" until next year....with NO other project in play, I think it will be out this year.....no more studio recording still?

I think MOST of it is actually already taken care of....

No, it's Inside Out by Ellie Lawson - it's literally the same backing track as Time Stood Still.

Oh. I was thinking of Madonna's duet with Ricky Martin.

What's wrong with people theorising and writing what they think about the snippet? :dazed:

It's inly because people are so hooked on the idea that it just HAS TO BE Madonna. People are oblivious to the possibility of it not being Madonna. And it's also that people are expecting Billboard to reveal who the artist is, when they might never end up doing that.

Hmmm with the drownedmadonna statement coming in it's rather confusing!

We recorded solidly for a month then took a break....

Time enough to complete some new material (perhaps not a WHOLE album)

With the 2new magazine shoots, and the Instagram teasing which did include a mock-up single cover....with a tag "you heard it", and the rather delicious billboard clip which wasn't HEAVILY publicised....(avoiding too much press could just push the reveal early) it would seem things were hotting up for a new single!

That said, she's certainly putting herself out there more for fans now she's on social media....

But I agree the hype is ONLY on here for hardcore fans.....but a perfect way to create a "buzz" is exactly what she's doing now....

Getting friendly with DJs and whoring some instrumentals about (if it's her) to test the waters!

I can't believe it's all been for nothing?

One things for sure in MY mind, there's no way the new album will be sat "on ice" until next year....with NO other project in play, I think it will be out this year.....no more studio recording still?

I think MOST of it is actually already taken care of....

2 new magazine shoots mean nothing..

she always does them even between projects and these were for "Art for Freedom".

This is definitely turning out to be an iconic moment. 5 years later we are still gonna talk about this snippet :D

"Remember when in 2014 Billboard posted a snippet and everyone thought it's a song by Madonna feat. Katy Perry called Unapologetic Bitch" :D