Former back-up dancer for Madonna charged with fraud

Guest whatatramp

Guest whatatramp

I was gonna post this 'Politics and World Events' but it's M related

A man who played a dancing hamster in Kia car commercials and was a backup dancer for Madonna has been charged with California disability fraud.

The California Department of Insurance says 27-year-old Leroy Barnes of Los Angeles collected $51,000 in workers compensation benefits in 2010 and 2011. Barnes claimed he was disabled when a piece of ceiling fell on him.

But the department says he made at least one Kia commercial, performed in a rap group, assisted in recording the song “Cat Daddy,” and was a backup dancer for Madonna, Kelly Rowland and Chris Brown.

Barnes was arrested last month and is free on bail. He couldn’t be reached for comment Wednesday.

Insurance department spokeswoman Nancy Kincaid said she didn’t know if he had a lawyer.

leroy_barnes.jpg?w=625

That really sucks for him. Madonna was a big influence on him. I love following him on instagram. He has nothing but love for Madonna.

Guest Rachelle of London

Hahaha I remember when he got arrested. He actually posted that he's upset because he feels he let Madonna down. Bless him he's the nicest of guys!

I don't care what you do with your lives after this tour.

:lol:

I love how the transcript of Truth or Dare can be used hilariously in so many strange life events.

I can't tell you how many times I've been frustrated and wanted to yell at someone "Do something else! Do my eyebrows!"

He is Hypnosis? Right?

Yes! He's one of my fav all the way back from the COADF promo days. If I am not mistaken he was in David La Chapelle's project Rize, that's how M picked some of her new dancing talents during the COADF days.

:lol:

I love how the transcript of Truth or Dare can be used hilariously in so many strange life events.

I can't tell you how many times I've been frustrated and wanted to yell at someone "Do something else! Do my eyebrows!"

:rotfl:

So true! It's the gift that keeps on giving.

I often respond to situations with these quotes and no one ever knows what I'm on about :lol:

I've just started following him on Twitter a couple of weeks ago. He always tweets his rap stuff. In my opinion he should go back to dancing, he was one of the greatest dancers and my personal favorite on Confessions and S&S. I'm sorry that he is in trouble now.

:rotfl:

So true! It's the gift that keeps on giving.

I often respond to situations with these quotes and no one ever knows what I'm on about :lol:

Ain't that funny? Ain't that unusual?

See. I get what I want.

My favourite is imitating the vocal health spray. :dead:

Guest Rachelle of London

I've just started following him on Twitter a couple of weeks ago. He always tweets his rap stuff. In my opinion he should go back to dancing, he was one of the greatest dancers and my personal favorite on Confessions and S&S. I'm sorry that he is in trouble now.

He's still dancing and choreographing.

You will be arrested if you go out on stage tonight and dance

What do you consider dancing?

When you move your legs on stage

Two plain clothes men from the insurance company saw your show last night

Can we just put up a warning before the show and let people know that the show contains offensive material: a disabled dancer

No

I heard bobby brown got arrested for dancing on stage

The fascist state of L.A, mother fuck!

I accidentally stepped on his shoe in the golden triangle at MDNA in LA.....he was so sweet about it haha! Poor guy :sad: hope he finds his way!

Poor guy?? For stealing out taxpayer money? Poor us that pay our high taxes so people like him can collect his checks without deserving it while making it harder for the ones that truly deserve it. I'm glad he got caught and I do hope he finds his way and learns from this mistake. I feel no sympathy for those that get caught doing things they know they shouldn't, regardless of who they are.

Phil.jpg

Poor guy?? For stealing out taxpayer money? Poor us that pay our high taxes so people like him can collect his checks without deserving it while making it harder for the ones that truly deserve it. I'm glad he got caught and I do hope he finds his way and learns from this mistake. I feel no sympathy for those that get caught doing things they know they shouldn't, regardless of who they are.

agree

I feel sorry for the guy, he has so much talent and all the opportunity in the world, and he chooses to do this?? He made a dumb decision and now he's paying the consequences, as he rightly should.

• 2 weeks later...

Barnes claimed he was disabled when a piece of ceiling fell on him.

...but the department says he made at least one Kia commercial, performed in a rap group, assisted in recording the song “Cat Daddy,” and was a backup dancer for Madonna, Kelly Rowland and Chris Brown.

WOW. He really did the fucking most :rotfl: You'd think he'd lay low after claiming to be unfit to work.

I did like him as a dancer though, especially in the S&S DVD.