Katy Perry on Madonna: ‘She’s still very relevant’

M_Sinner

Katy Perry has spoken about her admiration for Madonna in a new interview, saying the Queen of Pop “knows exactly what she’s doing” and leaves nothing to chance.

The Dark Horse star recently teamed up with the #unapologeticbitch singer for a joint photo shoot, and the pair are now gracing the cover of US fashion title VMag together.

“I admire Madonna incredibly because, you know, at the age that she is, I think she’s still very relevant,” Perry said in an interview with BBC Radio 1′s Nick Grimshaw this morning (May 30).

“Looking at her whole decades of work, it’s not a fluke that she’s been around for as long as she’s been. She’s very, very smart.”

Continuing, Perry said of La Ciccone: “She’s got that zeitgeist; she’s highly intuitive. I think highly intuitive people that are observers and take from that observing and put it in their music have the chance to stay around. But I think she knows exactly what she’s doing. Nothing’s by chance with her.”

Discussing what it was like working with Madonna on their recent photo shoot, Perry said: “She was super kind to me and showed me a whole other layer that I didn’t know. She’s spiritual and dope and intelligent, you know.”

Perry also said that Madonna, who is known for her record-breaking world tours, has given her tips about taking care of herself while on the road.

“She’s given me really great, like, health advice,” Perry said. “I asked her about that, and we had a whole conversation about how to withstand such rigorous tour schedules. She gave me some numbers of some healers and crystals and stuff like that.”

Earlier this year Perry spent a month guest-curating Madonna’s Art For Freedom initiative, and among Perry’s selections were a series of videos spotlighting the violence and discrimination currently faced by LGBT people in Russia.

Perry has also incorporated elements of Madge’s classic hit Vogue into her own track International Smile when she performs it ‘The Prismatic World Tour’, which arrived in London earlier this week.

http://attitude.co.uk/katy-perry-madonna-shes-still-relevant/

The thing is she did the same for Gaga early on, she even sent her a pair of her favourite fishnet stockings from Danskin. But Gaga is too competitive and most of all mental to seized the chance to have her help her. Her career would not have taken the slump it did if she had been smart and took her offer, especially concerning her health advices for touring.

“I admire Madonna incredibly because, you know, at the age that she is, I think she’s still very relevant,” Perry said in an interview with BBC Radio 1′s Nick Grimshaw this morning (May 30).

ouch

OH god, phone numbers for crystal wavers and healers? GOOD LOCK with that. The numbers you really need are for her personal trainer and closest Hard Candy gym.

There's nothing wrong with saying Madonna is 50+ or whatever. Katy was just being truthful. It's fascinating how people are trying to find other meanings to what is simply admiration from Katy. She's a big fan of Madonna. She's not dissing her. Anyway, I love Katy. :lol:

There's nothing wrong with saying Madonna is 50+ or whatever. Katy was just being truthful. It's fascinating how people are trying to find other meanings to what is simply admiration from Katy. She's a big fan of Madonna. She's not dissing her. Anyway, I love Katy. :lol:

Exactly.

And it's true... how many women in popular music are doing what Madonna's doing...on that level...consistently...and certainly at her age? No one. Absolutely no one. Not even the men.

With the business being the way it is...along with society... it's nothing short of amazing/incredible/unprecedented.

Not a dig at all.

Exactly. And it's true... how many women in popular music are doing what Madonna's doing...on that level...consistently...and certainly at her age? No one. Absolutely no one. Not even the men. With the business being the way it is...along with society... it's nothing short of amazing/incredible/unprecedented. Not a dig at all.

:clap::clap::thumbsup:

At that age means at 55, I believe

I thought Madonna was 55, nothing wrong with what Katy said, pretty factual

An even bigger compliment in the light of everything Madonna still manages to score

Well, if i was asked about Madonna i wouldn't have to tell about her age or if she's relevant. I think Katy Perry is dumb. Full stop.

Would anybody say the same about U2 members? Or Sting? "Oh, at the age that he is, he's still relevant". NOPE, people would say just how great they are, how much they influence people, etc, etc.

Guest Pud Whacker

The thing is she did the same for Gaga early on, she even sent her a pair of her favourite fishnet stockings from Danskin. But Gaga is too competitive and most of all mental to seized the chance to have her help her. Her career would not have taken the slump it did if she had been smart and took her offer, especially concerning her health advices for touring.

you said it, competetive and mental. she gives me the creeps.

---

love what katy said.

Katy voiced out what needed to be voiced out, the truth that people does not want to admit: Madonna is old in the pop/music industry, and she's still relevant. Media and cult fans everywhere are saying she's irrelevant anymore and is trying to ignore and wipe her accomplishments. Katy saying Madonna is still relevant is a slap in the face to all the naysayers. Because whether they admit it or not, the fact that she's mentioned in almost all pop princesses interview means she's very well relevant.

Well, if i was asked about Madonna I wouldn't have to tell about her age or if she's relevant.

I think Katy Perry is dumb.

Full stop

:lol: ???

What are you rambling on about dear? You're cleverer than that Karbie! Katy meant no harm with that and it's not a gaffe either. She just said that Madonna is bigger than ever in her mid 50s, can you blame her only because she mentioned Madonna's age or "at her age" whatever ....?

It's clear Katy is making an obvious remark as much as it's obvious that she's just relating a story about how happy she is for having been part of that shoot with Madonna and being handed advise from someone who can only contribute a great deal of advice to any 30 year old professional in any field and oops Katy also happens to be a successful singer travelling the world like Madonna has for the past 30 odd years

Besides saying Katy is dumb is a bit rich coming from a Kylie fan, don't you think?

Guest Pud Whacker

Well, if i was asked about Madonna i wouldn't have to tell about her age or if she's relevant. I think Katy Perry is dumb. Full stop.

Would anybody say the same about U2 members? Or Sting? "Oh, at the age that he is, he's still relevant". NOPE, people would say just how great they are, how much they influence people, etc, etc.

didnt radio 4 just recently say they would play madonna because shes old for their audience?

in our society, women are through at 40. female pop stars are done at 30. i think its important to mention madonna's age - being 55 potent, sexual and the younger generations biggest competition is really saying something.

didnt radio 4 just recently say they would play madonna because shes old for their audience?

in our society, women are through at 40. female pop stars are done at 30. i think its important to mention madonna's age - being 55 potent, sexual and the younger generations biggest competition is really saying something.

:clap:

Didnt Radio 4 just recently say they would play madonna because shes old for their audience? In our society, women are through at 40. female pop stars are done at 30. i think its important to mention madonna's age - being 55 potent, sexual and the younger generations biggest competition is really saying something

:clap::clap:

And that was exactly what Katy meant overall. She was saying: "in spite of the ageism and people criticising you/envying you etc, she's still focused, detail-oriented and the number 1 touring draw in the world". No need to get your knickers in a twist over the "at her age" phrase. Madonna IS 55, DUH. Katy means "if you're smart and driven at 30 you don't suddenly stop at 50, she's not the highest-earning celebrity in the world by chance", big deal! And it's true anyway.

Madonna has stayed true to herself in an industry of vultures and nut cases. That is a huge compliment.

We live in such a bitchy age that any innocent comment is suspected of being shady.

True, Katy loves Madonna and was admiring and respecting her for being relevant at her age, not criticising her. Sometimes people take words out of context or look for shade when there is none.

Katy voiced out what needed to be voiced out, the truth that people does not want to admit: Madonna is old in the pop/music industry, and she's still relevant. Media and cult fans everywhere are saying she's irrelevant anymore and is trying to ignore and wipe her accomplishments. Katy saying Madonna is still relevant is a slap in the face to all the naysayers. Because whether they admit it or not, the fact that she's mentioned in almost all pop princesses interview means she's very well relevant.

BINGO!!!! :clap::clap:

:lol: ???

What are you rambling on about dear? You're cleverer than that Karbie! Katy meant no harm with that and it's not a gaffe either. She just said that Madonna is bigger than ever in her mid 50s, can you blame her only because she mentioned Madonna's age or "at her age" whatever ....?

It's clear Katy is making an obvious remark as much as it's obvious that she's just relating a story about how happy she is for having been part of that shoot with Madonna and being handed advise from someone who can only contribute a great deal of advice to any 30 year old professional in any field and oops Katy also happens to be a successful singer travelling the world like Madonna has for the past 30 odd years

Besides saying Katy is dumb is a bit rich coming from a Kylie fan, don't you think?

The only excuse she has is if she was asked by the journalist "Madonna is older than you all, but she's still there" or "Madonna has been so long here...", and Katy took the question and answered. If not...

Ugh, now i would like to express my opinion in Spanish, hahaha, it would be much easier than in English, because i agree that Madonna is relevant and incredible and all that. Just don't understand why they have to say so many great things implying "in spite of her age...".

The only excuse she has is if she was asked by the journalist "Madonna is older than you all, but she's still there" or "Madonna has been so long here...", and Katy took the question and answered. If not...

Ugh, now i would like to express my opinion in Spanish, hahaha, it would be much easier than in English, because i agree that Madonna is relevant and incredible and all that. Just don't understand why they have to say so many great things implying "in spite of her age...".

Read 5iVE Elements post

Karbatal will all know you'd rather see Madonna collaborate with Kylie than with Katy

That's the bottom line of your "Katy Perry is dumb" :lol:

Anyway since you think Katy is dumb I say better for Madonna to collaborate with dumb Katy than with dumb Charlene

Just a thought :rosey:

Read 5iVE Elements post

Karbatal will all know you'd rather see Madonna collaborate with Kylie than with Katy

That's the bottom line of your "Katy Perry is dumb" :lol:

I don't want Madonna to work with KYlie, please... They are in soooo different leagues.

And i DO THINK that Katy is dumb. And ugly.

(but i confess that is one of the few new pop princesses that i like, haha)

It ain't gonna happen

Kylie will have to do with this :fag:

Madonna-Kylie-Minogue-Getty-600x450.jpg

S_635140664391943701.jpg

PD1100869@Madonna,-wearing-a-Ky-3836.jpg

Remember when Madonna was asked about this t-shirt and didn't remember and the journalist insisted and she was like "i don't remember, ok? Next question!"