DOES MADONNA NEED KATY PERRY MORE THAN KATY PERRY NEEDS MADONNA?

MerGirl

I refuse to go back to that page. But did the writer say that Madonna made Christina Aguilera and Britney Spears icons by kissing them? LOL. You see, here is the formula. You write an anti-Madonna article to get a lot of page hits. But, you pretend you were a fan of Madonna's up until recently. Then, you pretend to be a feminist and concerned about equality of men and woman. Then, you bash Madonna for not acting her age.

Music was so passable that it was nominated for multiple grammys .

I wonder if this person even realizes that Madonna, even now in her "mediocre" state slaughters all these bitches in concert ticket sales, overall earnings and in some cases even to this day worldwide album sales. Someone needs to email this bitch a copy of the "Immaterial Girl" article from Us '93 and the "Madonna Goes Crazy"article from EW '94 (among many many others) because 20 yrs ago, "journalists" were saying the exact same shit.

Music and Confessions both hold a critics rating of 80 at Metacritic which means universal acclaim. No other female pop star (I mean Britney, Rihanna, Xtina, Kylie, Beyonce, you get the idea) had a higher score than that with their albums in the past TEN years or so. If I'm not mistaken, Beyonce was the only one who had a higher score than 80 with her latest album. Plus, both records had very solid sales numbers and the fans loved them. They also gave her some iconic and worldwide classics (HU, Music).

The fact that this 'Journalist' completely dismisses these albums and says that she stopped making good music after ROL is reason enough to not even discuss this piece of shit article any longer.

Bravo! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Music is one of her biggest masterpieces and COADF is, imo, her best pure dance record. This guy clearly doesn't have any taste if he thinks those albums are bad. Reminds me of that pretentious ass*ole who says Something to Remember was "a bad record with no redeeming qualities". I thought i was hallucinating :manson:

Another pathetic article by an ex fan of Madonna. Honestly, the so called fans who have not liked her since Ray of Light are worse than her haters. Their constant whinging, along with the nasty put-downs while pretending to still be fans is nauseating.

you said it! i noticed that as well. it's not so much the people who don't like her (often out of ignorance or just because they don't really care about her music) or even some fans of other singers.. it's the ex-madonna fans that are the worst. it's almost as if they feel more "worthy" of writing things like that :huh:

and it's not so much the silly and repetitive "desperate" remarks she keeps getting that annoy me. i don't care. it's their problem they're narrow minded ageists. but that she would say madonna has no importance for years in pop culture is the biggest misconception ever. I mean look at her MDNA tour.. pussy riot & russia & marine le pen's entire campaign freaking out and responding.. if that's not cultural relevance, i don't know what is..

you said it! i noticed that as well. it's not so much the people who don't like her (often out of ignorance or just because they don't really care about her music) or even some fans of other singers.. it's the ex-madonna fans that are the worst. it's almost as if they feel more "worthy" of writing things like that :huh:

Sometimes it feels like you're supposed to dislike Madonna, like it's the "cool" thing to do. Or more like you shouldn't give her too much praise because she isn't A REAL ARTISTâ„¢. Just today I saw someone calling her "fake".

Honestly, to me, Madonna is one of the realest artists. She does what SHE wants to do, she never coddles her fans or lies. She doesn't feel the need to explain every single thing she does.

Her music speaks for itself. If you don't like it, fine, but don't act like she hasn't influenced pop culture, or that she is no longer relevant.

There's some truth in the article. Although I don't think it's fair to say M's last great musical effort was Ray of Light or Music...the article was clearly written by an American as she's completely dismissed Confessions on a Dancefloor - one of M's most iconic albums (and her last decent one). At this stage in her career, Madonna DOES need association with younger artists to promote herself, particularly in advance of promoting new music that she hopes will appeal to the masses (M is a commercial artist at the end of the day). Also, if Madonna wants to maintain the integrity of her musical legacy she needs to stop churning out mediocre stuff as she did with MDNA. Yes, there were a few nice ditties on MDNA but we all know M can do so much better.

The Music album is passable? :confused:

Madonna clinging to the younger popstar for relevance? I suppose that earning more than any other music star, movie star, literary star, director, sport man and TV mogul would qualify her relevance eloquently enough, after 30 years. Not to mention that she's statistically the most written about celebrity in the world

And saying ROL is her last meaningful work, please. Not everything can be excellency like ROL but the great thing with Madonna is that she still delivers good albums

Yes Madonna needs Katy Perry for relevance, I suppose the bitch who wrote this lives under a rock or is in the mood for one of those so transparently bitter articles to write off everything that Madonna has accomplished, last but not least the substance of her extraordinary longevity. Try again Dummie. Bye

"The younger stars", LOL they all wish they were AS RELEVANT AS THIS

Do your homework first, mediocre journalist

ChartOfTheDay_1404_Madonna_is_the_Worlds

I've stopped reading this piece of ….when I've reached this "On the other hand, Madonna, despite her icon status, has been putting out mediocre records and not really adding anything of particular pertinence to the pop culture"… :angry:

In terms of albums? I agree with that.

It's not like Hard Candy and MDNA re-invented anything the way Ray Of Light, Music, etc did...

But overall? How can they say that? MDNA Tour alone proves that Madonna is still doing stuff no one else is doing. Compare that tour with Gaga's last one, or Katy or whatever...Madonna still makes all of them look like they are performing a cheap highshcool play all over the world!

I think the writer probably likes some M music, but I agree with others about she can't be much of a fan when she stated ROL was the last good album. :huh: I bet she is not that familiar with M discography!

M also continues to push what is acceptable for a woman & mother at her age by just her appearance & the music she chooses to make. I must admit that since 2008 there have been ups & downs with her some of work & the people she has been picking to collaborate with. I'm still very proud of everything M has accomplished in her fifties when so many people wanted her to disappear. She really continues to be extremely successful & her resilience to overcome obstacles is so inspiring!

As always if it's Madonna working with others, she's "clinging for relevance".

I am flabbergasted by the clear bias they have on her

:chuckle:

Also, it may have escaped their attention that the magazine cover title reads: "Madonna & Katy Perry". Not "Katy Perry & Madonna". And that Madonna is on all three available covers, while Katy appears on her own and the cover shot with M but she's missing from the Madonna solo one. But they're too busy cooking up a story out of nothing about how Madonna needs Katy for relevance and how ROL was her last good album.

Rather transparent :queenbitch:

478b2a69-b513-4f04-a44a-656d1a11528a_zps

e161e9e3-6caa-4d32-bc78-8d57799c431d_zps

aa9a4f58-30a6-4434-afb1-37b80a4f4d0d_zps

Besides you'd think that 31 years later some journalists might have learned a lesson or two about Madonna and the relevance, clinging to younger stars and "as long as she's in the news" tired arguments. # Get over your envy

b445e9f9-2b2c-4ac4-95c1-3d3cda55c92f_zps

Short memory

As always if it's Madonna working with others, she's "clinging for relevance". I am flabbergasted by the clear bias they have on her.

Same here. I noticed it again over the last few days. Today, I read in a magazine that did a story on Madonna and Katy posing together for V and they commented about Madonna trying to stay relevant by posing with Katy. Mind you, I don't think NW magazine has ever said a kind word about Madonna but what a way to describe the most famous, popular, biggest selling and talked about female artist of all time. However, it is so often used whenever Madonna is seen with a younger artist. Yet another thing to put her down for.

In contrast, In the Sunday Age magazine, there was an interview and article on Debbie Harry. Now, I love Debbie Harry but I don't think I have ever read a bad write up about her ever. Even though she has not had a hit record in 15 years, she is never described as irrelevant or told to retire etc. Not that I think she should or believe that but just in comparison to Madonna. The article described how Gaga was a big fan of Debbie and how that they both inspired each other :( but also talked about Debbie being so influential because of her work with younger artists. Talked about her duet with Beth Ditto on her new album and her performance with Arcade Fire at Coachella. She was praised and admired for it, not called desperate or irrelevant. Why does Madonna not get the same respect ?

Same here. I noticed it again over the last few days. Today, I read in a magazine that did a story on Madonna and Katy posing together for V and they commented about Madonna trying to stay relevant by posing with Katy. Mind you, I don't think NW magazine has ever said a kind word about Madonna but what a way to describe the most famous, popular, biggest selling and talked about female artist of all time. However, it is so often used whenever Madonna is seen with a younger artist. Yet another thing to put her down for.

In contrast, In the Sunday Age magazine, there was an interview and article on Debbie Harry. Now, I love Debbie Harry but I don't think I have ever read a bad write up about her ever. Even though she has not had a hit record in 15 years, she is never described as irrelevant or told to retire etc. Not that I think she should or believe that but just in comparison to Madonna. The article described how Gaga was a big fan of Debbie and how that they both inspired each other :( but also talked about Debbie being so influential because of her work with younger artists. Talked about her duet with Beth Ditto on her new album and her performance with Arcade Fire at Coachella. She was praised and admired for it, not called desperate or irrelevant.

Why does Madonna not get the same respect ?

Dear Jan you said it yourself

Madonna won't get a single praise most of the time and will be labelled as pathetic for being on a magazine cover with Katy because she out earns every single A-list younger star, male or female, in touring, merchandising, licensing and brand endorsements and she is in her mid 50s and has yet to see a record of hers which isn't a Top 15 best-selling album of the year. Hell, she had a Top 5 one at age 47. In short, that's why

"Madonna will be out of business in six months"

(someone in 1985)

Forbes.jpg

In contrast, In the Sunday Age magazine, there was an interview and article on Debbie Harry. Now, I love Debbie Harry but I don't think I have ever read a bad write up about her ever. Even though she has not had a hit record in 15 years, she is never described as irrelevant or told to retire etc. Not that I think she should or believe that but just in comparison to Madonna. The article described how Gaga was a big fan of Debbie and how that they both inspired each other :( but also talked about Debbie being so influential because of her work with younger artists. Talked about her duet with Beth Ditto on her new album and her performance with Arcade Fire at Coachella. She was praised and admired for it, not called desperate or irrelevant. Why does Madonna not get the same respect ?

The double standards are ridiculous. Madonna gets ripped to shreds for things other people are getting praised for. This, and the ageism directed towards her, are the things I'm most annoyed about when it comes to the critique of Madonna.

If you're going to criticize her, fine, just don't invent other standards that only applies to her.

The double standards are ridiculous. Madonna gets ripped to shreds for things other people are getting praised for. This, and the ageism directed towards her, are the things I'm most annoyed about when it comes to the critique of Madonna.

If you're going to criticize her, fine, just don't invent other standards that only applies to her.

True, they even get stuck into her for not having a breakdown or addiction. I can never forget the article that some dopey journalist wrote when poor Amy Winehouse died. She said Amy was a true artist and talent because of her addictions while Madonna was not because she was in control or something along those lines.

Simply because she actually stayed relevant for all those years while the medias desperately wanted her career to be over. If she flopped for good after Erotica and never had a hit record again, i can tell you she would be WAY more acclaimed by now. But no, she came back again and again and the medias can't stand that.

Debbie Harry has been irrelevant for a long time (no offence, i respect her talent), that's one of the big reasons why she's so much more recognised. Sad but true.

True, they even get stuck into her for not having a breakdown or addiction. I can never forget the article that some dopey journalist wrote when poor Amy Winehouse died. She said Amy was a true artist and talent because of her addictions while Madonna was not because she was in control or something along those lines.

Wtf. I love Amy, but Madonna and Amy are different people. They are both artists, and both talented in different ways. The fact that Madonna is so disciplined should be celebrated. Too many artists have died because of their drug abuse, including Amy, and it's not cool or glamourous.

I just can't with the things they are criticizing Madonna for. It's unfair.