New album thread: no recent updates. Madonna joins Disclosure at gig though

I think it's quite the opposite. Everyone is curious as to who the "dance legend" is, and this is building up more hype around it. I think this is clearly Madonna, and hiding the track under a pseudonym was a VERY clever move(if it is indeed her).

No, it's stupid and a disaster.

ID = Independent Dance I think. A blanket term for unknown dance artists who get released on labels like Spinnin' Records. What this has to do with the Billboard snippet is anyone's guess.

ID = Independent Dance I think. A blanket term for unknown dance artists who get released on labels like Spinnin' Records. What this has to do with the Billboard snippet is anyone's guess.

That's what I was thinking about too. What business would Madonna have with Spinnin' Records? They're home to a lot of different DJs and none that she's working with. Who knows.

:rant: If this turns out to be anyone but Madonna, I shall write them an angry letter demanding they submit the track to our Madge

:noway:

But Billboard describe this artist has legends, superstars?!!! Wtf!

Btw don't you think the "DJ" hands in that radio 1 clip pic looks feminine? Lol

No, it's stupid and a disaster.

You're an idiot. This is a brilliant strategy for Madonna to build hype and get the song out there without people knowing who it is.

If it is her then clearly she's very focused on this being a hit.

the hook is so strong. i want it to be hers so badly :/

and if billboard is talking about this rather unknown DJ as a "dance legend" they're gonna have soooo many people complaining. what the F where they thinking?

No, it HAS to be M or an instrumental FOR M. (or at least someone else with a big name for them to not be embarrassed now)

Avicii is listed as a "Member" of Spinnin' Records..
also other important info i found on another forum..
It seems like Spinnin' use ID as the artist before they reveal who the proper artist is. I found a clip on Soundcloud of Tsunami from last summer, where ID is listed as the artist. So this new clip could be anyone.

https://soundcloud.com/#spinninrecords/tsunami
so.. as someone else suggested.. maybe we should find a stream of the BBc programma to hear what they had to say BEFORE playing the clip!

Guest HaveASit

This DJ ID person seems to be very involved with Avicii and Skrillex.

Avicii is already confirmed.

Skrillex recently attended a Disclosure show, so did M.

Skrillex is working with Diplo ( another confirmed producer).

Maybe there are more producers involved in the project.

so.. as someone else suggested.. maybe we should find a stream of the BBc programma to hear what they had to say BEFORE playing the clip!

If the YouTube video was posted on the 3rd, and the clip is from Pete Tong's Essential Selection, it would have aired the previous Friday (May 30th). You can only stream shows from the previous 7 days on BBC iPlayer so it's been deleted now. :(

Quite astonishing how no-one has picked up on this before now (well over a week later), despite the constant discussion about the original Billboard clip...

Isn't Pete tong just a radio dj?

No, he's also one of the most well known club dj's in England. He's done numerous mix cd's, produced his own dance music djing in Ibiza and started the International Music Summit there. He's known as a global ambassador for dance music. He received a MBE from the Queen in England. He definitely would be considered a dance music legend particularly in the UK. I don't know if her produced the snippet, but a lot of people would consider him a dance legend. I still think it's a little odd that if it's Madonna they referred to her as "dance legend" rather than pop superstar or something. To me, dance legend means famous dj or someone more known on the club scene, than generally everywhere like Madonna, even though of course has had a lot of dance hits.

I honestly don't know what to think at this point.

Me either. That's why I've stayed out of a lot of these threads...don't want to get too involved yet...and I want to be surprised too.

That being said...I'm actually loving this sample preview...even if it isn't Madonna... I'm still on-board for whoever it is.

God some People in here are really as thick as they come! This is surely Madonna, the shapeshifting dance legend, not an unknown independent DJ. And the strategy is fantastic and building hype. I really can't with the dumbnesss!!! Anna was right about secret project and is right again! Brilliant

Guest HaveASit
Avicii is listed as a "Member" of Spinnin' Records..
also other important info i found on another forum..
It seems like Spinnin' use ID as the artist before they reveal who the proper artist is. I found a clip on Soundcloud of Tsunami from last summer, where ID is listed as the artist. So this new clip could be anyone.

https://soundcloud.com/#spinninrecords/tsunami

Hmm, this really makes sense. Don't know what to think anymore.

Pete Tong remixed "Give it 2 me" and he also made a fantastic mash-up of Like a prayer-Don't want my love (better than the S&StT studio version) around the same time and played it on his friday show. So he's acquinted with Madonna and could be in the know as well and playing the game.

Guest HaveASit

God some People in here are really as thick as they come! This is surely Madonna, the shapeshifting dance legend, not an unknown independent DJ. And the strategy is fantastic and building hype. I really can't with the dumbnesss!!! Anna was right about secret project and is right again! Brilliant

I hope you're right. This is definitely a brilliant approach.