New album thread: no recent updates. Madonna joins Disclosure at gig though

Apparently some sort of insider with a good track record has made a comment that leads people to believe that the surprise album release that might happen this week is actually Rihanna. She has a special press conference planned on june the 5th in the Hard Rock Café in Paris, so that could maybe make sense.

This is not related to the Billboard snippet though!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think anyone ever said the Billboard snippet was from any type of surprise album. They seem to be two totally separate things. It seems as though the Billboard snippet is from an album released in the conventional way perhaps Madonna's, whereas the surprise album is by a totally different artist.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think anyone ever said the Billboard snippet was from any type of surprise album. They seem to be two totally separate things. It seems as though the Billboard snippet is from an album released in the conventional way perhaps Madonna's, whereas the surprise album is by a totally different artist.

Exactly.

Well that's what Robster meant...

Anyway, we're just getting ahead of ourselves...

We don't know anything about an actual surprise album

And we still don't know if the snippet is M.

So, yeah no news at all!

People were getting confused in the other thread -- the one about the shape shifting dance legend.

madonnafan- she's working with a number of musical collaborators- so it's definitely more than "a couple songs." And they all very well may be tied to Art For Freedom, as one article suggested.

It's a fucking album. Come on, let's not be stupid either.

I'm going to be disappointed if it is like 5 or 6 songs though... And they are all centered around the Art for freedom thing :( I just want a new album. A straight up re invented image! You know?

About the snippet, I like it well enough that I hope it's her. But it sounds enough like previous works of hers that I would be fine with her going in a newer direction.

Agreed.

I'm a little scared. All the excitement and anticipation for her new single/album is getting overwhelming. I don't wanna get my hopes too high so that I'm not disappointed when it releases (like what happened with me when she released GMAYL).

However, going by the billboard snippet - I feel she's gonna blow us all away with an epic summer dance anthem.

But, then again, maybe she's just trolling us and won't release it till September, or the end of the year. Or worse - 2015!

Edited by zizibello

Guest SecretGarden

Not to be a buzzkill but I doubt we'll get the album before October or November, even if the album is done it'll still be a few months until we get it, I'm thinking a single in September and album in November.

Not to be a buzzkill but I doubt we'll get the album before October or November, even if the album is done it'll still be a few months until we get it, I'm thinking a single in September and album in November.

Please! You are not killing anything you know shit just like the rest of us LOL

Guest SecretGarden

Please! You are not killing anything you know shit just like the rest of us LOL

Well, never claimed I knew "shit", just guessing based on the way Madonna's release schedule for her other albums have been (if I remember correctly, HC and MDNA were completed months before release).

I'm going to be disappointed if it is like 5 or 6 songs though... And they are all centered around the Art for freedom thing :( I just want a new album. A straight up re invented image! You know?

She recorded tons of material for the album as we know so far. It's going to be full length studio album. But what's wrong with it being centered around Art For Freedom? I couldn't be more glad Madonna finally has something to say again on her album. Isn't that indicator enough for people that she will care about the music and make sure it's not half-assed? And isn't it the first time an album is connected to and inspired by one of her projects? I would say I'm Breathless is a similar case, but that was just a movie not really a statement. If you look at that this way she gives herself the freedom to reinvent herself and her art (pun intended) and it will have a message. What more do you want?

I have it on good authority she will be releasing an album sometime in the future from now. It will contain music most likely, but that might change. The early material has already been compared to the best on Ray of light and Like a Prayer. My friend said, "it's the best she's done in a decade!" And that's a direct quote.

But just to clarify though, things are not as far along as some of you think but farther along than some others of you think.

I'll let you know once I know more!

It's a fucking album. Come on, let's not be stupid either.

She even said she's working on an album in her Vogue interview did she not?

At leats 50% of the people here should turn off the computer, enjoy real life and come back when a friend of them tells them that the single is out.

No kidding i think that's what i will do. I've spent too much time since the Billboard snippet. I feel it's time for me to take a big breath of fresh air, and be surprised if is of all a sudden i hear her new single on the radio ! This will be even better than knowing everything before !