PROJECT: Madonna Wikia

MPowered

So, I was a little bored and started googling around and thought about how there's so much Madonna has done and achieved over the past decades and how many iconic looks she has had and I realized that there is literally NO PLACE that covers all of the information about Madonna on one page.

Lana Del Rey, Gaga, Katy all the pop bitches have a wikia page that covers all kinds of information about them. Plus, all of their wiki pages look really good and I was wondering if the queen had one as well. Guess what, she DOES, but it's really...let's say uninformative...

I thought since this forum is the one with Madonna's most knowledgeable and loyal fans, we should start he first REAL wikia page, with everything there is to know about her. Pictures, song informations, charts, remixes, tour informations, EVERYTHAAAANNNGGG.

I know, it's gonna be a lot of work, but I'm sure it's also gonna be a lot of fun, for those who are interested in learning more about their favourite artist as well as the ones who would like to share their knowledge with the rest of this fanbase.

Who's in?

http://madonna-ciccone.wikia.com/wiki/Madonnapedia <- work in progress

I mostly use Wikipedia unless it's something really extensive like the Star Wars Wookiepedia where people have done their research.

Yeah, but the Wikipedia page really doesn't cover all the background information and isn't as extensive as most of the other wikia pages.

You should ask Nightshade if you could post the Genesis Timelines for all the albums in there! They are so rich in information :wow:

Great idea!

About time to be honest, It could be great if we could all join and and make the most accurate and comprehensive Madonnapedia to all things Madonna.

I am in if this turns out the be a serious project. If trustworthy people of our community join in I would happily donate what I can for hosting fees and I can also help with the editing and updating of the webpage if we manage to use drupal or another easy content creation & editing interface.

I can also help with pictures by finding the best quality pictures available for whatever is needed.

Another thing that's really missing is an ultimate comprehensive Madonna HQ photo gallery including Outtakes.

If someone is up for that I would also like to participate.

It would be great if we could link and tie both projects together and offer the best possibility quality pictures available without logos.

Of course that is more costly in terms of hosting and bandwidth when it comes to HQ pictures because of the image sizes but we could ask for donations, of course we should have a really transparent process.

Great idea, as long as we don't discuss these issues:

1. Is I'm Breathless a studio album?

2. Did Clear Chanell boycott American Life?

3. Did Madonna get heavely inolved in MDNA?

I was making for my personal use a catalog of Madonna music, album by album (albums, singles, promos, official remixes, unreleased versions) so if you need help with the list or scans from my collection or something like that you can tell me.

Honestly i would LOVE to read a complete Madonna biography with ALL of her journey from 1982 to now, with EVERY detail noted in chronological order, including all quotes, interviews, songs, albums, remixes, live performances, quotes from others people, fan videos,... EVERYTHING :wow:

Great idea!

About time to be honest, It could be great if we could all join and and make the most accurate and comprehensive Madonnapedia to all things Madonna.

I am in if this turns out the be a serious project. If trustworthy people of our community join in I would happily donate what I can for hosting fees and I can also help with the editing and updating of the webpage if we manage to use drupal or another easy content creation & editing interface.

I can also help with pictures by finding the best quality pictures available for whatever is needed.

Sounds great! So far this project needs every support it can get! I'm sure there's a lot of trustworthy people here who would like to join.

Another thing that's really missing is an ultimate comprehensive Madonna HQ photo gallery including Outtakes.

If someone is up for that I would also like to participate.

It would be great if we could link and tie both projects together and offer the best possibility quality pictures available without logos.

Of course that is more costly in terms of hosting and bandwidth when it comes to HQ pictures because of the image sizes but we could ask for donations, of course we should have a really transparent process.

I actually thought it would be really cool if there was a topic for each photographeur Madonna has worked with. Each page will include a slider with each photo session, as well as informations on what projects they were used for and of course HQ images and outtakes. I think it would be really cool to have information about the date of the shoot and it's location, but of course we need reliable sources for that, which are pretty hard to find, I think.

But in general, I think this would be a great way to actually have a more organized photo gallery of all photo sessions Madonna has done.

Great idea, as long as we don't discuss these issues:

1. Is I'm Breathless a studio album?

2. Did Clear Chanell boycott American Life?

3. Did Madonna get heavely inolved in MDNA?

I already labeled it as "Concept Album". ;)

Include a discography like this:

http://www.princevault.com/index.php/Discography

We need a site that lists every single remix/version of a song ever done.

OH YESSSSS!!!! OMG that's literally perfect! Thx so much!

This is a great idea, and I would love to contribute in any way

Thx, buddy. We can use any help we can get.

I was making for my personal use a catalog of Madonna music, album by album (albums, singles, promos, official remixes, unreleased versions) so if you need help with the list or scans from my collection or something like that you can tell me.

Sounds great! Thx!

Honestly i would LOVE to read a complete Madonna biography with ALL of her journey from 1982 to now, with EVERY detail noted in chronological order, including all quotes, interviews, songs, albums, remixes, live performances, quotes from others people, fan videos,... EVERYTHING :wow:

OMG yes, me too! That was actually the initial thought I had when starting this project!

However, I came to the conclusion that I really really really SUCK ass at making these wikia pages after trying things, yesterday. I've never actually done anything like that before, so I'd really need help from someone who has more knowledge on how to work this shit, because I'M clearly the wrong person for that, lol. But I think I'm good at getting people together and starting things out, and I think I'm pretty good at organizing stuff I just really suck at programming, lol. (idek if that can be considered programming, lol! :lmao: )