Madonna + Guess Who?: New V Magazine shoot!

adreeyen

I'm all for a Katy colab if that develops. Katy is maturing in her music and she is a smart women as well. Why not a collab? A lot of artist are doing it now and if takes a colab to push start an era then more power to M. The album is going to be amazing regardless.

I just think people are taking this whole copying crap too serious. It's not like Madonna would care...

@popeline: Who are you even, lol?

Back then the only thing I did was asking people to be a little more respectful towards other artists in general. ARTPOP wasn't even out at that time, lol :lmao: Get your facts straight. I only started to defend myself when people who haven't even been members here on MNation for as long as I've been accused me of being a Gaga troll, which was pretty ridiculous, if you ask me.

And saying I have the worst taste is really just downright insulting and shows that what you're saying is complete bullshit.

I'm all for a Katy colab if that develops. Katy is maturing in her music and she is a smart women as well. Why not a collab? A lot of artist are doing it now and if takes a colab to push start an era then more power to M. The album is going to be amazing regardless.

I know you're a Katy fan and all, so please don't take this personal, okay? But Katy really hasn't been maturing much. I wish she did, because when she said this era was going to be "dark" I was expecting a lot more and I'm not even a big fan of hers. The Dark Horse video could've been so much better, if she had taken it a little more serious and didn't went all Teenage Dream again.

However, I did like Unconditionally song/video and I'm very surprised it didn't do better on the charts.

I don't like collabs in general tbh. If I buy an album of one artist, I don't want another artist being featured, simply because I prefer solo songs. Especially, if it's an artist I'm stanning for.

I don't think the new single will feature Katy Perry, i think they just did a photoshoot together and collaborate on the art thing and that they really do appreciate each other, nothing more. Especially if the Billboard snippet is indeed M's new single i think it's gonna be a solo track.

@MPowered

To each his/her own. I agree and respect your comment on Katy's album but I, and I'm sure among others, like collaborations or so called duets.

Peace

IMO the main difference between Katy "copying" Madonna and Joanne COPYING Madonna is that Katy seems like the type of fan that enjoys talking about how Madonna and her work inspired her and that actually doesn't mind being called a Madonna wannabe because she knows that that's what every present/future pop singer will be, basically. She knows there will never be another M.

Joanne, on the other hand, is more like the "Me? Inspired by Madonna? I don't know what you're talking about" type of "fan".

And it's so obvious. When have Katy or Rihanna been so blatantly accused by the GP of copying Madonna? Joanne just took the word "wannabe" to a whole other level.

Well Katy isn't the one dressing up in a cone bra and BAT ponytail after saying the express yourself cover she just sang was inspired by Whitney Houston

:rotfl::chuckle:

IMO the main difference between Katy "copying" Madonna and Joanne COPYING Madonna is that Katy seems like the type of fan that enjoys talking about how Madonna and her work inspired her and that actually doesn't mind being called a Madonna wannabe because she knows that that's what every present/future pop singer will be, basically. She knows there will never be another M.

Joanne, on the other hand, is more like the "Me? Inspired by Madonna? I don't know what you're talking about" type of "fan".

That's exactly it !!!! Perfect perfect post and 300% on the mark

People that say that Katy copies from Madonna just as much as Gaga does are beyond ridiculous at this stage. Everyone copies Madonna DUH. But only Lady Mcfarckle lifted entire portions of Madonna's work while writing essays on ART on a V magazine column and telling NME that comparisons are RETARDED

Give me a fucking break

Good post, XXL.

I think you're right - it's mainly for publicity and to widen her fanbase. If I had my way, she would ignore all these dumb bitches and only work with intellectuals and experimental artists - but what do I know! I still feel it's like Bette Davis doing a film with Jayne Mansfield

Trust me, I totally get what you mean :chuckle:

Let's face it we can twist it all we want but what differentiates Madonna from all these younger pop singers is her intellect and her education and the fact that she's organic and doesn't come from a factory. Hell Madonna is more intelligent and interesting than most other A-list entertainers, be it in the music, film or any other artistic venue but I am sure she has good reasons to widen her market share and rejoycing at the fact that while going on 60 she doesn't play to half-empty stadiums is probably one of them

I doubt any of the popstars of today, judging by the way they present themselves now will be earning new 20-year-old fans once they reach 40 or 50

Can we please stop talking about the past with. The copying and talk about the present which is this V Magazine???

A new era is about to launch in front of us. Let's dish about this, mkay?

It's all adding up now.

With her instagraming the bdsm illustrations and now this bdsm Bettie Paige photo spread, seems like it's all connected to the album. This must be Unapologetic.

Can we please stop talking about the past with. The copying and talk about the present which is this V Magazine???

A new era is about to launch in front of us. Let's dish about this, mkay?

It's all adding up now.

With her instagraming the bdsm illustrations and now this bdsm Bettie Paige photo spread, seems like it's all connected to the album. This must be Unapologetic.

I think you're on the right track here. :1251:

However, all this Unapologetic/Art for Freedom/BDSM stuff is making me anxious that we might get ANOTHER Human Nature performance on tour. I'm in denial but it's getting more and more obvious that Human Nature seems to be kind of the main inspiration behind this album's theme.

Got that Mpowered?

Whatever. You believe what you wanna believe and I'll just try to stay out of those conversations...How about that?

I'm not here to talk about Gaga or Katy, but to talk about Madonna and I think people should do the same, as whoopie has also suggested.

You're not here to talk about Katy? :lol:

Madonna just did a shoot with her as much as she did that SNL thing with Gags

People will talk about those things too

It happens, you expressed your opinion that Katy copies Madonna too

Others were expressing theirs and that is that no one stole from Madonna more than Lady Gadget did

No need to turn it into melodrama, that's all :gent:

That's nice and Madonna looks gorgeous as always... but i would rather have Rihanna there instead of Katy Perry... i don't have anything against the girl but her music never really did anything for me. Also if i recall well, during the Kaka peak, Katy said something displeasing about Madonna... correct me if im wrong, i don't remember her exact words, but i think she said that Kaka was a better singer or something like that...

That's nice and Madonna looks gorgeous as always... but i would rather have Rihanna there instead of Katy Perry... i don't have anything against the girl but her music never really did anything for me. Also if i recall well, during the Kaka peak, Katy said something displeasing about Madonna... correct me if im wrong, i don't remember her exact words, but i think she said that Kaka was a better singer or something like that...

:32

it's getting more and more obvious that Human Nature seems to be kind of the main inspiration behind this album's theme.

:huh:

Both Madonna and I see genuineness in Katy Perry. Hence, I like her. Hence, Madonna is willing to work with her on AFF and this magazine shoot. If anyone thinks GaGa is any better, go watch FartGrave videos on YouTube so you can wack off her saggy tits and smelly ass while snorting like a swine.

I'm really enjoying all the looks she's been giving us recently! I too hope they have to do with the album as well. She's been posting some great pics and producing great shots from her photoshoots. Only thing I haven't been crazy about recently are the corny hashtags/possible song names...like rebel heart and unapologetic bitch lmao.

Katy looks gorgeous too! I don't think they will sing together though. I can't even picture it, honestly.

Lady Mcfarckle lifted entire portions of Madonna's work while writing essays on ART on a V magazine column and telling NME that comparisons are RETARDED

she had the gall to say that AFTER she told jay leno ciccone sent her an email saying she has her support!

starting 8:26

I doubt that Katy is brainless at all, she has a quirky style but you can't make it that far in this industry if you are brainless. Also, people forget that when Madonna first become famous, she was accused of being brainless, a bimbo, and just a sex kitten that boys loved and girls dressed like. I remember it well and thinking how wrong it was as I loved her music and never found her dumb or stupid. Also Madonna is the Queen of pop - so not sure why people keep looking down at other women who sing pop music. Madonna is not some obscure indie artist. She is the most popular and successful female singer of all time and a lot of that music is pure pop music - which she does better than anyone ever in my opinion.

Anyway, looking forward to her music and all of the great magazine threads that she is doing. Great times ahead for Madonna fans.

I doubt that Katy is brainless at all, she has a quirky style but you can't make it that far in this industry if you are brainless. Also, people forget that when Madonna first become famous, she was accused of being brainless, a bimbo, and just a sex kitten that boys loved and girls dressed like. I remember it well and thinking how wrong it was as I loved her music and never found her dumb or stupid. Also Madonna is the Queen of pop - so not sure why people keep looking down at other women who sing pop music. Madonna is not some obscure indie artist. She is the most popular and successful female singer of all time and a lot of that music is pure pop music - which she does better than anyone ever in my opinion.

Anyway, looking forward to her music and all of the great magazine threads that she is doing. Great times ahead for Madonna fans.

:clap: Probably one of the truest and least biased posts in this whole entire thread.