Am I the only one who hasn't listened to that clip just in case it's not her?

I don't feel like creating false expectations on me so I haven't given a listen to a clip that may or may not be related to her new album.

Does anybody else feel the same way?

I would rather wait for the real thing to leak. Or at least have some sort of confirmation.

Mods can feel free to merge. But this isn't about the clip in itself.

You should listen to it...because the more I listen to it the more excited I am getting because this is a sign of what's about to come. It sounds VERY Madonna...think Causing a Commotion spinning synths meets Impressive Instant's bassline meets Daft Punk meets Disco meets 2014. The dawning of a completely new Madonna era.

things usually leak by now (regarding surprise performances)

and

she wouldnt rehearse a new performance during studio time, woudl she?

oh

where is she? in las vegas?

Well, i have planned to stay away from every leak this time because i wanted to be surprised but honestly i don't regret i listened to the snippet ! After her last two lead singles which were nice but not great (4 minutes & GMAYL) it feels so good good to hear something as brilliant as Music or Vogue (yes even from that 45 seconds instrumental snippet you can tell it's gonna be really huge). That snippet makes me have an amazing week end !

If you don't listen to the snippet in case it's not her, well, it's pretty obvious it's her, the snippet SCREAMS Madonna. There's no other living singer who could come up with something like that, no no no ! there's no choice, it's her !

Even if it's not Madonna's (hell, it could be Germanotta's song) and I would still love it! We are allowed to like good songs from other artists, no?

The instrumental sounds like a quality no.1 smash hit to me.

Makes me laugh reading all these comments with doubt about who this snippet if by. Call yourselves Madonna fans? Madonna knows a big fat funky groove and this one has her essence ALL OVER IT! It reeks of MADONNA!

Makes me laugh reading all these comments with doubt about who this snippet if by. Call yourselves Madonna fans? Madonna knows a big fat funky groove and this one has her essence ALL OVER IT! It reeks of MADONNA!

Yeah it's strange how we can be so sure it's her but the snippet has her essence even though there are no vocals, it's like magical !

exactly!! :) the only other artists that i think could be other possibilities are moroder (or maybe he's working with M) or grace jones (unless they did an MJ for donna summer. but I doubt it)

the first artist i thought of when hearing the track is madonna. it's totally her signature sound (confessions meets lucky star.. something like that. and we KNOW she loves daft punk! so that influence is clear too) like i said, aside from donna summer, moroder, and maybe grace jones, i can't think of anyone else who it would be.

I'm going to laugh so hard if it's not her. How can you guys be so 100 % certain that it's her?

Happy to be proved wrong tho but it's very important to keep an open mind right now, of which there's not much of that going on around here, just a lot of wild speculation.

Yeah it's strange how we can be so sure it's her but the snippet has her essence even though there are no vocals, it's like magical !

It really does have a Madonna sound to it. I really hope it's her because it sounds amazing....I kind of get a harder Into the Groove, Causing a Commotion (the blips) & Music. If it's not her, then someone has made a great sounding dance song.

I'm going to laugh so hard if it's not her. How can you guys be so 100 % certain that it's her?

Happy to be proved wrong tho but it's very important to keep an open mind right now, of which there's not much of that going on around here, just a lot of wild speculation.

The clip is brilliant and has such an instant groove with inflections of Causing a Commotion (Dub Version) and Impressive Instant that it can only be Madonna. It would be silly for Billboard to tease us with a clip with so many written references to Madonna for no reason. They have an awards ceremony coming up, recent images are released of Madonna looking great in L'Homo Vogue, momentum on her Instagram is ramping up, etc. The timing of all these things is all too coincidental. If you can't sense Madonna in that clip then I declare you officially deaf! (I am prepared to eat humble pie if I'm proved wrong but I highly doubt it.) :biggrin:

“Guess Who’s Behind This Disco-Fueled Track
We’ve been sworn to secrecy, but the
music
speaks for itself.

Due in no small part to the success of a couple of Parisian robots, disco is fully back in vogue these days. With its buoyant analog chords, filtered funk synths, and vocoded hook, this blistering tune by a shape-shifting dance legend takes a few cues from the Daft Punk playlist and is a flawless fit for the times.

Billboard was given an exlcusive listen to this forthcoming track, but we’ve been sworn to secrecy on the exact artist’s identity. But, after a fair amount of begging, we were given exclusive permission to leak this 50-second snippet to the world. For now, the music will have to speak for itself.

Check out the tease above, and stay tuned for the big reveal coming soon. (And feel free to hit @billboard on twitter with any guesses about who the secret star might be.)”

I listened to it and wish I hadn't. I thought it was poor.

I don't hear Madonna at all. There's no bass or Madonna groove. It just sounds like 70's disco. Nothing like Impressive Instant or Hung Up.