Is Madonna the "Shape shifting dance legend" Billboard is talking about?

Getunconscious and glindathegood you are hilarious LOL! I'll bring you the receipts next week ;)

I'll wait for the receipts. We've been hearing about surprise releases for a few weeks now, and nothing! It might be her, but then again it might not.

I can see why they would not give the name, because some dj's are snobby and they want play people they see as pop or commercial in their sets no matter how good the song is.

But to me there's something about it that doesn't sound like a Madonna song. But it might be her. No one really knows!

Then what's the point of Billboard telling people to "Guess" if it's some Brit DJ or producer, the GP wouldn't even know. Must be someone BIG!

How can someone not think this is Madonna. That shocks

Maybe because the hints and the sound are too obvious? Not much guesswork if it's that obvious!

Of course it's her track! It's pretty obvious at this point. What IS surprising is the marketing strategy - although Anna did confirm ages ago that this would happen (the whole concealing her identity thing).

Perhaps she wants to build hype without the general public having preconceptions about what a new Madonna track SHOULD BE before they've even heard it.

Seriously. If this turns out to not be a big named mega star like Madonna and it ends up being some random DJ or some record producer, they sure as hell think highly of themselves to send a clip to Billboard and demand it be this big secret and to hype it up, because if its revealed to be a producer or a DJ, its going to be met with one huge, "WHO THE FUCK CARES!?"

I'll wait for the receipts. We've been hearing about surprise releases for a few weeks now, and nothing! It might be her, but then again it might not.

I can see why they would not give the name, because some dj's are snobby and they want play people they see as pop or commercial in their sets no matter how good the song is.

But to me there's something about it that doesn't sound like a Madonna song. But it might be her. No one really knows!

Sorry, it most def. sounds like Madonna song! If it is, what they (her team) need to be doing is (even w/out revealing her name), follow the same flawless strategy they did w/ Hung Up.

Every week or so a random clip 'leaked', bit and pieces in low quality etc..w/out the complete song. I'll never forget that moment in Nov 2005 when it leaked and heard the full song in HQ. Much as I liked the clips, when I heard the full song was totally different and instantly blown away and almost passed out lol. Instant endless euphoria. Had it in a continuous loop on my old Winamp Mp3 player like..forever. One of the lowest burn out rate songs ever.

No doubt this song is already done, fully polished/mixed and ready to cause the earth to tremor for months. Everything about this era feels like polar opposite of the last two combined. Reeks from COAD 200%.

Of course it's her track! It's pretty obvious at this point. What IS surprising is the marketing strategy - although Anna did confirm ages ago that this would happen (the whole concealing her identity thing).

Perhaps she wants to build hype without the general public having preconceptions about what a new Madonna track SHOULD BE before they've even heard it.

What did Anna say exactly?

This whole situation is pissing me the fuck off. Billboard has no right calling a miniscule DJ a dance legend, or a shape shifter. Those two terms fit completely in line with Madonnas career. In what world is a DJ who many have never even heard of a dance legend, or shape shifter who is constantly reinventing their sound? How can you be a DANCE LEGEND when you've barely had a hit single? Those who don't think the billboard post was referencing Madonna are naive and in denial. And this track we now have(We-R-Superstars)? Who would give such an amazing song, with an amazing sound such a shitty title. Something just isn't adding up? Am I the only one thinking this?

Thanks! :wow:

Yeah that dumb rumour came about when you were up Gaga's ass. Here's a list of artists on Spinnin' records...

[1]

4 Strings

Acro

Afrojack

Alesso

Audien

Basto!

Beatfreakz

Bingo Players

Bobby Burns

Booty Luv

Borgore

Borgeous

Candyland

Cash Cash

Cédric Gervais

Daddy's Groove

Deorro

Danny Avila

Danny Howard

Digitalism

Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike

D-Steal

Dirty Disco Youth

Dota Project

Dr Kucho!

DVBBS

EDX

Eddie Amador

Eminence

Eric Prydz

Erik Arbores

Firebeatz

Genesis Geronimo (Pending Request Artist In Spinnin' Records)

Ian Carey

Jay Hardway

Jose De Mara

Jordy Dazz

Judge Jules

Julian Jordan

Kaskade

Koen Groeneveld

La Fuente

Landis

Leon Bolier

Leventina

Lucky Luq

MaRLo

Marc Mysterio

Marco V

Marcus Schossow

Mark Simmons

Martin Garrix

Max Vangeli

MEM

Michael Calfan

Milk Inc.

MOTi

Muap369

Nash & Lake

NERVO

Oliver Ortman

Oliver Heldens

New World Sound

Nicky Romero

Pascovski V

Peter Gelderblom

Promise Land

Quintino

R3hab

Radion6

Ray & Anita

Richard Beynon

Richie Romano

RobTeq

Ron van den Beuken

Sander van Doorn

Sandro Silva

Suyano

Sebastien Drums

Showtek

Sidney Samson

Sied van Riel

Simon Patterson

Spirit Tag

Shermanology

Starkillers

Studio Killers

Sunnery James & Ryan Marciano

Tchami

The Manager

Thomas Newson

Tim Mason

Tony Junior

Tommy Trash

TV Noise

TAITO

Ummet Ozcan

Vallanto

Whelan & Di Scala

Yellow Claw

Yolanda Be Cool

Yves V

VINAI

Zedd

ZIGGY

False.

Yes, where are people getting that? I looked on the wikipedia page about Spinnin' and I didn't see Avicii listed under their artists.

From Spinnin Records Wiki

Spinnin' Records
Members
4 Strings Afrojack Alesso Avicii Basto! Beatfreakz Bingo Players Booty Luv Cash Cash Digitalism Dr Kucho! Eddie Amador Edward Maya Elena Gheorghe EliZe Eric Prydz Ian Carey Inna Judge Jules Kate Ryan Leon Bolier MaRLo Marc Mysterio Marcus Schossow Martin Garrix Martin Solveig Nervo Nicky Romero Quintino R3hab Ray & Anita Ron van den Beuken Sander van Doorn Sidney Samson Sied van Riel Simon Patterson Steve Aoki Tommy Trash Ummet Ozcan Yolanda Be Cool

It's at the very end of the wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spinnin'_Records<a data-ipb="nomediaparse" data-cke-saved-href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spinnin" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spinnin" _records"="">

Umm if not they are still related, Spinnin keeps premiering Avicii's spinsApril 3rd of this year:Aciiid (World Premiere Avicii Levels Podcast)

Premiered AT Aviciis LEVELS PODCAST.