Is Madonna the "Shape shifting dance legend" Billboard is talking about?

We've been sworn to secrecy, but the music speaks for itself

Due in no small part to the success of a couple of Parisian robots, disco is fully back in vogue these days. With its buoyant analog chords, filtered funk synths, and vocoded hook, this blistering tune by a shape-shifting dance legend takes a few cues from the Daft Punk playlist and is a flawless fit for the times.

Billboard was given an exlcusive listen to this forthcoming track, but we've been sworn to secrecy on the exact artist’s identity. But, after a fair amount of begging, we were given exclusive permission to leak this 50-second snippet to the world. For now, the music will have to speak for itself.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/code/6091961/guess-whos-behind-this-disco-fueled-track?mobile_redirection=false

You know you can edit the thread title if you edit the first post? :)

Anyway, I think it might just be M :tigger:

UKMIX:

Most likely someone listed in the recent Billboard's Most Anticipated Album poll:

Madonna, Adele, Nicki Minaj, Lil Wayne, Kanye West, Frank Ocean, Foo Fighters, Taylor Swift

If true, the question then is which of these artists does the teaser music snippet fit the most?
Also, the description quite aptly describes M and her sound "...disco is fully back in vogue these days. With its buoyant analog chords, filtered funk synths, and vocoded hook, this blistering tune by a shape-shifting dance legend ..."

he has a point.

UKMIX:

Most likely someone listed in the recent Billboard's Most Anticipated Album poll:

Madonna, Adele, Nicki Minaj, Lil Wayne, Kanye West, Frank Ocean, Foo Fighters, Taylor Swift

If true, the question then is which of these artists does the teaser music snippet fit the most?

Also, the description quite aptly describes M and her sound "...disco is fully back in vogue these days. With its buoyant analog chords, filtered funk synths, and vocoded hook, this blistering tune by a shape-shifting dance legend ..."

he has a point.

I think hes right

Avicii's Rebel heart is the first single right? But it doesnt sound like Avicii, whos the producer :think:

Madonna said in her latest interview her album will be influenced by Art for Freedom... this doesn't really fit that vibe to me.

Plus it sounds too early 2000s nu-disco. Me no like.

But I reckon it would be nice for Tranet.

UKMIX:

he has a point.

I was about to say it could be Frank but... neither "shape-shifting" or "legend" apply to him... And with Swift is the same.

I think hes right

Avicii's Rebel heart is the first single right? But it doesnt sound like Avicii, whos the producer :think:

"Lay me down" by Avicii has a funky disco sound just like the one in the snippet, so it could be an Avicii produced song, in case it actually is Madonna's song

Why are so many people being thrown off by "dance legend"? HELLO! This is MADONNA! The QUEEN of the dance floor!

Yes she has tackled tons of different kinds of music, but at her core she is a dance queen (along with being THE Queen), but with Madonna it always comes back to dance.

To me "dance legend" doesn't fit Janet at all, and if it is Janet I will be shocked as hell. And shape shifting for Janet? Maybe if they are talking about her tits and nose.

Madonna said in her latest interview her album will be influenced by Art for Freedom... this doesn't really fit that vibe to me.

Who knows what the lyrics will be.

Just look at Express Yourself. One of the most empowering songs ever. I am sure if we just heard the instrumental to that we would think, this doesn't sound like that kind of song.

Freedom on a Dance Floor. :Disco_Ball:

Why are so many people being thrown off by "dance legend"? HELLO! This is MADONNA! The QUEEN of the dance floor!

Yes she has tackled tons of different kinds of music, but at her core she is a dance queen (along with being THE Queen), but with Madonna it always comes back to dance.

To me "dance legend" doesn't fit Janet at all, and if it is Janet I will be shocked as hell. And shape shifting for Janet? Maybe if they are talking about her tits and nose.

Well this is billboard, they have to be compliment-friendly and positive when asked and being paid to promote this song..., so it could be anybody...

Well this is billboard, they have to be compliment-friendly and positive when asked and being paid to promote this song..., so it could be anybody...

Well if its not Madonna and they got my vagina all soggy and moist for nothing, I am going to slice a bitch.

tumblr_mams43cO8m1r82o3n.gif

Gaga can't be a legend. There's not a legendary bone in her body. She's a spoiled little "trained" at-school musician.

But knowing how critics/news/charts etc...are certified bullshit nowadays, there's no telling what billboard will come up with...

I think Madonna would be called something like "pop icon" first, but maybe that's too obvious?

True! That's a great point. I do think when you say pop icon, people think M whether they like her or not. She's the final "pop icon" type...and will ultimately be the most influential, visionary of the last century (I'm talking about pop culture/music so I'm not exaggerating, she totally is. No ifs ands or buts about it) outliving, outperforming and succeeding more than any other pop entertainer before technology/internet changed music and the way it was and the artists themselves.

Guest bluejean

One can only fucking hope it's her. Sounds amazing!

:lmao: @ the possibility of that being Janet or Gaga. Please.

Who knows what the lyrics will be.

Just look at Express Yourself. One of the most empowering songs ever. I am sure if we just heard the instrumental to that we would think, this doesn't sound like that kind of song.

Freedom on a Dance Floor. :Disco_Ball:

Good point.

Dance legend.

tumblr_n56soqK82G1rcpjl6o1_400.gif

:rotfl:

Watch it be Donna Summer

Interesting.